SkyBlues around the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkyBlues around the World

Chat etc for SkyBlues fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FOOTY CHAT

Go down 
+5
Malc
carole b
SB Gus
Choccy Penguin
vicky
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
vicky
Admin
vicky

FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Great reading again Choccy P.....you forget so much so thanks.

Change of avater......and now he's in SkyBlue FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 352601 3 months.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:13 am

Hi All....

my apologies for my infrequent appearance but some times I just don't get enough time to login, with everything

that's going on over here . Firstly, let me say the Aussie Cricket Team absolutely have given a very cocky England

side a lesson on how to play HARD cricket and they were found wanting. I wonder if they can muster some sort of

face saving attack on the two dead rubbers? I doubt it, as worn out players like egomaniac Pietersen have come up

well short of his supposed ability and I think he is Siddle's bunny these days. Let me say though, I maybe a Covkid

born and bred and I follow England football team, but I can explain why but I don't follow England in any other sport which

may shock you but I have grown up with the likes of Chappell, Marsh, DK Lillie, Thompson, Warne, McGrath, etc etc,

who were my heros....Traitor, maybe, but I had no ties to English Cricket, Rugby league or Union, so hence I follow my Aussie

Brothers. Maybe all those years in Exhall, playing cricket in the yard with my brother who always made me be Australia, during

our Test Matches together, could explain it all...haaa who knows but an exhiled Covkid in Aussie probably doesn't help. I love

this country its weather, (yes we have sun every day!!) (unless your Malc and Maria and they brought the rain), its bushland

its people and its lifestyle... I have a tattoo on my leg of St.George's Cross with armour and above it The Southern Cross....

as the Aussies say....I am having 50cents eachway...haaaa

Onto my next love, Cov City, I am starting to believe the longer this rubbish goes on at Sixfields, the more the chance that our

beloved City FC will disappear from my friends and families life .... a bloody mess in anyones book.... but we are mere fans and

are helpless to stop the rot.... I was in Melbourne a few weeks back for Xmas Shopping with the family and we went to see John Aloisi's

Team Melbourne Heart play Sydney FC (funnily enough they are called the Sky Blues) and in one end was a St.Georges flag with SISU OUT

on it...haaaa world wide hatred hey?

Love to you all..... and yes Sharon is still fighting the good fight and right now WE are enjoying it together....PUSB.... City 3-0 Hartlepool ....
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm

The attendance was 1,618 .....243 were Crewe fans.

Love and all the best to everyone on the site.  FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 541316 
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:31 am

Everyone thought the MK Don's thingy was a one off...ha ha ha...wrong.

Did not here the attendance number for Sat on the PC...but at times the noise seemed louder than previous weeks ?...What ya reckon Choccy?

Hi Gus, hope you are copping ok down there and that you all are looking forward to xmas and I hope it is a real special one for you in a good way mate xx

Thanks for the article Vicky, interesting read.

Better play better in the replay methinks.

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Wow they're all speaking/writing out

Times Today

Oliver Kay Chief Football Correspondent
December 14 2013

Choose football. Choose a club. Choose a vanity purchase. Choose a leveraged buyout. Choose dragging a club into hundreds of millions of pounds of debt, running up huge interest payments every year, just to prop up your own investment.

Choose being dismissive, contemptuous and silent. Choose being open, desperate to please but hopelessly naive. Choose living the dream and then leaving behind a nightmare. Choose pumping in hundreds of millions of pounds and running the club as a dictatorship. Choose paying an £11 million dividend to one of your own companies. Choose sacking your manager, hiring a friend of a friend, thinking you know best and then showing you know nothing.

Choose alienating your fanbase by inflating ticket prices. Choose turning a proud old club into an advertising vehicle for a country, a downmarket sports shop or takeaway chicken. Choose selling the stadium’s name, changing the club’s name, changing the kit colours. Choose relocating to Milton Keynes or Northampton. Choose charging for newspaper interviews. Choose official integrated telecommunications partners in Benin, Bahrain and Bangladesh. Choose selling your soul to the highest bidder. Choose English football.

You get the picture. It is not just about Assem Allam’s attempts to turn Hull City into Hull Tigers or Vincent Tan’s unedifying rebranding of Cardiff City or Mike Ashley’s constant cheapening of Newcastle United or the Glazer family’s leeching of Manchester United or the atrocities inflicted on Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City, Portsmouth, York City and various other clubs in recent times.

No, the real issue here is the common theme that runs through all this: the unravelling of football’s rich tapestry by businessmen who correctly sense that the English game brings all manner of opportunities for self-aggrandisement and unregulated abuse of proud old institutions while the authorities shake their heads solemnly before shrugging and saying there is nothing they can do about it, guv.

Increasingly, it feels as if that particular horse has already bolted, that there is no use trying to shut the stable door now when Portsmouth have dropped three divisions or when Manchester United have spent more than £500  million in eight years to prop up the Glazer family’s ownership or when attendances at Blackburn have plummeted in three years under the calamitous ownership of Venky’s or when Coventry are playing to pitiful crowds in Northampton while the purpose-built Ricoh Arena sits empty because of a dispute between a hedge fund and Coventry City Council.

The authorities have proved spectacularly useless when it has come to stopping the various forms of corporate vandalism that have followed the diversification of club ownership in English football. A similar verdict was reached in 2011 by a Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee into football governance, which stated that “the FA, Premier League and Football League have spent too long behind the curve on ownership matters”, allowing “some startlingly poor business practices to occur, and have tolerated an unacceptably low level of transparency”.

The most troubling thing of all is how weak English football’s authorities are when these issues arise. The classic case came in 2002, when an FA-appointed commission greased the wheels of the bandwagon that took Wimbledon to Milton Keynes, which, it said, “provides a suitable and deserving opportunity where none exists in South London”. The FA received assurances that Wimbledon’s identity would be retained in Milton Keynes — as if that were even possible — but, to nobody’s surprise, the re-franchising was complete when the club was renamed MK Dons in 2004.

Compared to all this, Tan’s rebranding of Cardiff, wearing red shirts rather than blue, and Allam’s proposed relaunch of Hull as Hull Tigers might seem relatively trivial. A personal view, though, is that both cases show an appalling disregard to their club’s heritage andfor the feelings of supporters and that, for your average football supporter and indeed reporter, these are small but significant conflicts in a wider battle to preserve the soul of English football.

By far the least significant of the football crimes listed above are Newcastle’s plans, more embryonic than reported, to persuade newspapers to pay for the right to be “media partners”, presumably on the condition that it is accompanied by the type of soft-soap reporting that so many clubs seem to imagine is the media’s duty.

Again, this is symptomatic of a wider issue. It is not about media relations, even if Newcastle are a sad case in that department, having banned their three local newspapers for sympathising with those protesting against the Mike Ashley regime. No, what grates most here is that this daft initiative has come from a club that did not request a penny from Ashley’s company when, for 11 embarrassing months, St James’ Park, the club’s home since 1892, was rebranded as Sports Direct Arena before Wonga.com restored a little of the class for which they are so well known.

Manchester United’s pursuit of logistics partners, noodle partners and official snack partners — “with a history of success and not compromising on quality, Mister Potato shares our commitment to excellence” and no, I’m not joking — makes financial sense. One cannot help recalling, though, that so much of the money that club makes goes into sustaining the Glazer regime or that the club’s otherwise impeccable tributes on the 50th anniversary of the Munich tragedy were besmirched, horribly, by an AIG logo on the huge mural outside Old Trafford.

It is typical, every bit of it, of a culture that knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. Allam seemed one of those owners that appreciated the wider value of a club, having invested so much in Hull and then propelling them forward, but his disdain for the supporters’ view over his Hull Tigers proposal is appalling. “We’re City till we die,” they chant. “They can die as they want,” he said, having earlier stated that “No one on earth is allowed to question how I do my business.”

Allam claims that he rejects “Hull City” because “City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs. City is a lousy identity.”

Only a cynic would suggest that Allam’s real issue with “Hull City” stems from his longstanding grievances with Hull City Council, who own the KC Stadium and have rejected the club’s attempts to buy the freehold. This is what we are dealing with here: the type of owners who feel a club’s heritage is reasonable collateral in a dispute with a local council. A change in name, in Hull’s case, might be reversible, but SISU, the hedge fund that owns Coventry, seem not to care about the damage being done by their senseless decision to relocate to Northampton out of spite towards Coventry City Council, who own the Ricoh Arena.

Nobody at Coventry/SISU seems to worry about the long-term issues arising from the fact that a Sky Bet League One club, facing a battle to attract young supporters, has, out of bloody-mindedness, ended up playing its home matches in front of crowds of less than 2,000 and a 40-minute drive away in Northampton.

The Football League tried but failed to intervene over Coventry. The FA, in the year that marked their 150th anniversary, have shown themselves to be powerless when such issues have arisen. The self-styled governing body of English football has long washed its hands of such matters.

The weakness of the authorities is one of the great regrets of English football in the 21st century. Frustration tends to be focused on the antiquated structure of the FA, with its bloated Council, made up almost entirely of grey-haired men. They are too conservative, we frequently hear. Well, for once, the FA Council has an opportunity to justify its existence. The next step, after Hull submitted its request to change its name , is for the FA Council to decide whether to to ratify the change as per FA rule A3 (l).

We often hear the English football is too conservative. In recent years it has been nothing like conservative enough where it has come to containing the whims of owners who, bit by bit, are picking apart the rich tapestry of what they have bought into. The “Hull Tigers” debate might seem relatively trivial compared to some of what has been allowed to go unchecked in recent years, but, if the authorities have any intention of fighting the good fight at last, that club will be City till they die.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Well we threw two points away.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Article by Alan Poole.

"One day, when all of this is just a fast-fading nightmare, I’ll tell you why last Friday’s Boot Room was pulled. And you’ll laugh.

As we speak, five days on, our lawyers are still poring over it phrase by phrase, word by comic-gold word, to determine whether it’s a perfectly valid satirical masterpiece or a devilishly subtle hate crime. No, really.

Now 99.99 percent of reasonable people would unhesitatingly plump for the former because the alternative only makes sense to conspiracy theorists with a particularly malevolent axe to grind.

But, sadly, the reputation of Her Majesty’s Press is at an all-time low and consequently the people ultimately responsible for deciding what does or doesn’t make it into print are growing ever more hypersensitive about giving the all-clear to anything that could conceivably offend that 0.001 percent fringe.

The laws about what does or does not represent fair comment, always open to interpretation, have become even more contentious in an age when anybody with an iPhone and an opinion is a citizen journalist with instant access to the world wide web.

As some recent high-profile Twitter storms have shown, the general public are bound by the same defamation restrictions as the established media but there are any number of grey areas that are still awaiting lengthy and obscenely expensive legal proceedings before they can be resolved into black-and-white guidelines.

If you’re a Coventry City fan (and as you’ve got this far we can presumably take that for granted) you’ll know that last week Guardian journalist David Conn offered his thoughts on the Sky Blues situation in his on-line blog.

The headline “Coventry City owners lead club to Northampton and towards the abyss” offers a reasonable clue to his stance and over the course of the next 1,200-odd words he did indeed draw some distinctly unflattering conclusions about Sisu.

If you’re not a regular reader of the Guardian you might not know that, despite his somewhat unfortunate surname, Mr Conn is one of Fleet Street’s heavy hitters, a hugely-respected operator who, on the very day that story was published, was named as the Press Gazette’s sports journalist of the year for a portfolio that included stories on how Liverpool FC bought homes and left them derelict for years as part of their efforts to redevelop Anfield and how Abu Dhabi invested heavily in Manchester City while clamping down on dissent at home.

The judges’ citation said: “He delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the game’s gilded elite to account” but, predictably enough, that didn’t impress Sisu too much – they promptly declared that his article was “materially inaccurate, misleading and distorted” not to mention (although, in fact, they did mention it) “potentially defamatory.”

The editor of The Guardian, of course, was recently hauled up in front of a Parliamentary select committee to effectively deny that he is a closet traitor whose collaboration with a treasonous whistle-blower represents a gift to the terrorists plotting to destroy our country.

With all due respect, therefore, one can’t imagine that he will spend too many sleepless nights fretting about a stiff letter of complaint even if it does emanate from such a distinguished firm as Speechly Bircham.

But the threats of legal consequences didn’t end there. Last week SB also wrote to The Sky Blue Trust to complain about a link on their website directing fans to the article in question and warning: “You may consider it prudent to remove the aforementioned link from your website until this matter is resolved.”

That’s lawyer-speak for ‘are you absolutely sure that you can afford to mess with the big boys?’ And, just in case the message was missed, they added: “If you do not remove the aforementioned link and our client does deem it necessary to take action against the Guardian we will seek to join you to such action as being jointly and severally liable for any damage our client may suffer.”

Interesting phrase, that: “any damage our client may suffer.”

Clearly the only damage that Sisu could sustain as a result of Conn’s article, whether accessed directly or via The SBT’s website, is reputational.

And could anybody really stand up in a court of law and claim in all seriousness that, on the back of this one article, fans who had previously considered Sisu to be the good guys would suddenly conclude that they’re the ones sporting the black hats?

At best it’s an absurdly heavy-handed reaction to a minor irritation, borrowing Thor’s hammer to fragment a pistachio.

And, whatever satisfaction Sisu and their lawyers might derive from the fact that the offending link was duly removed, it represents another catastrophic PR own-goal from people who have refined that habit into a self-destructive art.

Wherever the Sky Blues are operating when and if all this is finally resolved, they will only have a viable business model if they can win back the supporters who have deserted them in droves.

It’s hard to imagine that Sisu will ever be loved; the best they can hope for is grudging acceptance.

And even that, I suggest, is an impossible dream if threatening to break any passing butterfly on a wheel remains their default legal position."
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the match report Choccy P. FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 541316 
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Drat that was disappointing.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:08 am

Oops spelt Guardian wrong......put right.

It is a good article Carole.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Great article Vicky

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Deleted so not to get Malc into trouble, seeing how SBT was told to remove, thought I'd better as well.

Last edited by vicky on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Keep taking those boots Choccy FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 352601  great match report.....made me smile reading it.

Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:40 am

Report finally in. Another great day out and it looks like three good loan players. No Wilson or Leon for Hartlepool and if Dagnall isn't allowed to play I might get a game up front lol! 
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Yes brilliant......who said they never wanted loan players....Steve Pressley.    funnytvprog 

Oh the match report will be so good......and we're back onto the first page   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 352601
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Some fight back after losing that pen at the end of the first half...heads stayed tall and did not fall...hope that was down to the half time team talk...new guys took time to settle in but did their job methinks...sounded like two fantastic free kicks...well Choccy...over to you ...fish fish 

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:58 pm

They have a nerve after all the underhanded things Sisu/blah blah have done. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 am

Latest News from your side of the pond

Coventry City owners Sisu have won their application for a full judicial review into Coventry City Council's 14m 'bailout' of the Ricoh Arena.

A High Court judge this morning delivered her decision which could have great significance for the prospects of the Sky Blues returning to the council-owned stadium soon .

Mrs Justice Thirlwall said she was satisfied there were grounds to grant Sisu companies leave to apply for a full judicial review.

She said she was satisfied the case merited a full hearing with all the relevant evidence.

She said she was not making a decision on the timing of the full review, but she was satisfied the arguments had been made properly.

Sisu companies are claiming the council's £14.4m loan in January to the part-council owned Ricoh firm Arena Coventry Limited was unlawful under European 'state aid' legislation.

They claim it was an unlawful use of public funds which has created unfair competition.

They also claim it interfered with negotiations between Sisu, ACL and the council over Ricoh ownership, and was part of a council plan to force the club into administration with a view to a club takeover by a party favourable to the council.

Tne council strongly denies the allegations and before today has argued the case should be thrown out.

It reverses an earlier decision by Justice Males in August.

More on this story to come.

Morning Choccy Thanks Giving fish  for you FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905 

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm

affraid    Don't talk about the R word Choccy P, thought this time we weren't even remotely worried about going down but when you think about it.   Mad

Oh hope the cat didn't frighten you? It's Rob and Sharron's nothing to do with me even though he made himself happy on my jacket.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:43 am

Our small squad is catching up on us. FOur times we have been behind at Sickfields and we have only gained a point. Hopefully Leon will be fit by Saturday we might even have reinforcements with a loan or two if we loose at MK it could still be a relegation battle.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Well you'll have to cheer them on Saturday Choccy P. Looks like they'll need it.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:54 am

A bad day at the office according to two fans that were there
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Just a blip that's all.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Lucky ground my bottom:abitdown: 
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 am

Yes City should own the Rioch but they need to pay the going rate for the ground, which will be in SISU's capacity and will be cheaper then building a new ground in the long run.

I agree Vicky hitting the Labour party in the Council elections will not work this will let the Tories and they do not have a good record with football, the guy that mentioned it should form his own one-policy party and stand in the council elections I'm sure some will vote and if they get in they can give the Ground to SISU and see them sell it on for a massive profit.

Two o'clock kick off today because it clashes with a rubgy game:tired: I'm off down the town for a subway and to pay money back into the bank after yet more car repairs jag 
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Been listening to the phone in..... headbanger  "We want Cov back at the Ricoh and the Club should own the arena" Fine but at any cost guys? Seems so.....you stupid lot. And then we have that guy going on how the voter should hit the Councilor at the Ballot Box .....hang on hang on so Joy says "Give me" and the Council should? Talk about dumb.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

I never thought we would take more fans there than last season but the bang wagon keeps on rolling. The support at Bradford was excellent considering it was on T.V. as well.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 pm

By Andy Turner
   Comments

Steven Pressley hails 'amazing' away support as Sky Blue Army threaten to break MD Dons record
20 Nov 2013 08:18

Coventry City boss says huge away following brings the best out of his players

The Sky Blue Army are heading for the record books after snapping up 5,700 and counting tickets for the forthcoming match at MK Dons.

Another 300 tickets have been sent to Coventry to be sold at this end while the Dons have another 400 available to sell online on their own website, taking the potential uptake to 6,400.

As it stands, 5,700 will be the biggest away following for a league game since around 5,000 saw City relegated from the Premier League at Villa Park in 2001, and club statistician Jim Brown believes it’s certainly the biggest since the sixties.

Almost 8,000 followed the Sky Blues to Arsenal in the Capital One Cup last season and there have been many a big cup following over the years, but rarely in the league.

And given the interest so far, if fans take up their full allocation they will set a new record for Stadium:mk whose previous best attendance from an away club was in April 2012 when Sheffield United took 6,135 supporters while pushing for promotion.

There is a slim chance that even more could be made available but that is subject to MK Dons getting a safety certificate for the stadium’s newly completed upper tier.

A spokesperson for the club said: “We’re in process of completing the finer details to tick all boxes for the safety criteria and should we receive that prior to the match then we should be able to release more tickets in the top tier, but we can’t make any promises on that at the moment.”

As of yesterday City had sold 4,400 tickets for the game on Saturday, November 30, while MK Dons had sold 1,300 to Coventry fans via their website.

Told of the latest figures, manager Steven Pressley said: “It’s amazing. It will be a real cup-tie atmosphere. I watched the Walsall and Peterbrough game this week and Walsall were terrific but there wasn’t the same intensity to the game.

"Just now our travelling support is fantastic and they are creating a real intensity and atmosphere in all the stadiums that we go to.

“It was a brilliant atmosphere at Bradford at the weekend and I look back to our game at Walsall and it was an intense atmosphere that day, and back to Stevenage and Wimbledon, they are great atmospheres with us taking such a vocal support. And when you have that it adds to the game.

“It gives everyone a lift and I know the players will be excited.”

What a CRYING SHAME ALL supporters cannot witness the building of the team

Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 am

I think I said Mr Freind was good apart from the throw in which he got wrong for both sides but it looks like Wells 2nd goal was off side still as you say he could have sent Webbo off so he did alright
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Oh from what I saw on the TV he didn't seem too bad Choccy P. We could have had a player sent off with the first hand ball, he (who ever the player was now confused2  ) certainly moved his arm to stop the ball.....we got away with that.

Can't remember what Mr Friend was like the last time he officiated, I can remember you mentioning his name though.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 am

Yes we can't win them all and it seems I was a little too kind about the ref.
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:28 am

Hi all, seemed like we had sneaked it...but at least we did not loose...great report choccy...fish fish 

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Brill match report Choccy P. "Thanks"
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 am

I thought Braford were one of the better sides we had played this season and not that as long ball as SP had hinted at. Still match report is in.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905  Well allowed two points to be snatched away nono 

What on earth was Pressley going on about....."dark arts"? oh come on Bradford seemed to play ok, and we were lucky not to have a player sent off when he hand balled in the penalty area. Mad  And then right at the end we give a penalty away anyway headbanger  sigh. But hey we didn't lose.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 566432 LETS GO CITY FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 566432  LETS GO FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 470168 headball 

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 pm

It's not only the youngsters we need to keep there's also our Manager Steven Pressley himself, I bet there's some clubs having a darn good look at him and if the offer is good then will Steven himself turn it down?.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:27 pm

HEADS UP

The Sky Blue Trust invites all Sky Blue fans to the Ricoh Arena on the afternoon of Sunday 17th November to watch the Sky coverage of away match v Bradford – 3.30pm kick off. Its a great opportunity to join up together with fellow supporters, create a united and noisy atmosphere while watching our team in Coventry on big screens in one of the superb lounges inside the Ricoh – numbers will dictate exactly which room we use. The cost of entry for this exciting event is only £1.00 for Adults (£0.50 for Trust members), free for Under 16’s and Senior Citizens – all proceeds will be split between Zoes Hospice and Teenage Cancer Trust (in memory of Ross Emslie). Numbers are limited to 1000 fans and to ensure you can join with other City fans and raise money for a couple of great causes simply email your ticket requirements to covvbradford@hotmail.com stating number of Adult, Trust Member, Junior or OAP tickets required. We will then send you an invoice from Paypal, this can be paid via your Paypal account or by Credit/Debit card (if you don’t have a Paypal account). Once payment received your name will go on list – due to short time available we will not be sending out tickets. Please bring your Paypal receipt with you on the day. Car parking will be free of charge. Bars will be open. Atmosphere will be great. Doors open 1.30pm

carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Wonder if this will stay the same

By Andy Turner

Steven Pressley: Hands off Sky Blues stars
29 Aug 2013 09:14

Coventry City boss hoping to recruit rather than offload any of his early-season top performers as transfer window deadline looms
Share on print Share on email
Steven Pressley Steven Pressley

Steven Pressley admits he’s bracing himself for bids as the vultures circle over Coventry City ahead of Monday’s transfer window deadline.

But the Sky Blues boss has no intention of selling any of his players – albeit with the usual caveat that any club is duty-bound to consider a massive offer – and is hoping to recruit rather than offload any of his early-season star performers.

Callum Wilson is one of the club’s hottest properties after logging five goals in the first five games and was this week the subject of an inquiry by League One rivals Sheffield United who have been given a firm ‘hands off’ by City.

“We possibly could anticipate offers coming in but we have spoken about it, myself and Steve Waggott, and we really have no intention of selling any of the squad unless an offer that we can’t refuse comes in,” said Pressley. “Like every club, and I include the top clubs, every player has a valuation so if we received a ridiculous offer for one of our players then, of course, we’d have to consider it.

“But the truth is we have absolutely no intention to sell. In fact, we want to add. We have a small squad as it is and we’re just beginning to see the fruits of the young players coming through so the last thing we want is to start losing them.

Guess we shall see as my husband says every time City gets a good player
they have in the past SOLD them headbanger 

carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 6:44 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 566432 FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 586199  Gus
FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 84222 FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 787388 

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 pm

cheers  I certainly was pleased with the score Carole, I kept saying to Matt (SIL awww he's so lovely) "What's the score Matt?" and Matt would check on his mobile and it was 0-0 and then I said "What's the score now?" and couldn't believe it when he said "You're winning" I would have done handstands up the wall but I don't think Matt would have been too happy with me FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905  "Er Susan did you see what your MOTHER's just done" Shocked  OK OK I've not done a handstand for a er.....couple of years now......quickly gag Carole.....but if we hadn't been in their lovely house, I might have done. FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 2574 

Yes Gus you're so right about this site being such a friendly family site.

Lovely match report Choccy P.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:59 pm

So its a well done City then @ Choccy √
Lets hope its not in London again then
that is like New York I would imagine
not that I would go to EITHER CITY
and :driver:  HELL NO lol! 

Leaving your snack here fish sliders
like a small hamburger ..

Bet Vicky who is visiting her daughter
this weekend will be happy with the result
cheers 

MALc are you & Gus celebrating FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 416521

Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 am

Report posted

Grrr London on a Friday no thanks FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 838456 nightmare journey down but we are the first team in the hat for the 2nd round draw whats the betting it will be London away again?
Back to top Go down
SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

Hi All,

thanks Carole, yep birthday is on Monday..11th of November...so when you have a silent moment for our fallen and

fighting lads, there's every chance I might pop up so to speak!!

Yep and I prefer your new avatar, the finger thing was ..errr .. yuk...

Nice one Vicky, Lovely little youngsters and I guess they are spoilt and so they should be. From the sound of it this

place is a family haven, with friends knowing family alike. Always felt comfy here, maybe that's why?

City kickoff v Wombles at 6.15am here on Sat morning and its now 9.15pm Friday night so Im going to set up the

computer, grab a quick drinky and slip into the covers for some rest before listening to city in the Cup....PUSB....

LOVING EVERY SKY BLUE GOAL....
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Well said Gus.....it's so exciting having these kids play football,  I know now what it must be like to support ManU ....well when Fergie was in charge....   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905   of course we're going to win.    

BTW Choccy P and I'll be waving back to you either from the TV OR the radio.   Smile    A guy who isn't into football at all said to me today  "Wow your Cov team are doing well aren't they"  so just shows.

Carole get Gil watching Cov more and keep him away from car doors.    Rolling Eyes

Oh Gus I'm just going through photos of my daughters wedding.....those two little ones are my granddaughters.    talktohand   I know Choccy P I don't look old enough.    Smile  the eldest is Rob's little girl and the youngest is Chyna's. (Steve) Choccy P knows my son Chyna Gus.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:28 pm

G-day Gus
I see its your b/day some time SOON
so here is my wish for YOU

MANY MANY MORE and much good health
to you and Sharon  xxx cake

Sorry the finger is my husbands decided to
SLAM it in the Jag door Sunday ,guess watching
the football was not exciting ENOUGH for him FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905 

SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:48 am

The amazing fish eating Choccy quote below:

Malc: A team with pace, skill, detemination, fitness, ability to score, entertaining, full of local players it's mad. I give everyone a wave at Wimbledon.

Wow that just about sums up this team....you are soooooo bloody right Choccy. Must be a true pleasure to watch them live. I truly hate what Shitsu and

optibum have done to CCFC, and sadly, the kids don't seem to care and are doing themselves proud, but sadly the owners have not one iota of an idea what

we are all going on about....truly sad.

Anyway long live this form and these kids....pooh lumps on Shitsu / Optibum.

Glad you guys liked our photo/avatar...was taken in Perth on Holidays this year, really wonderful place to go. Love to all

Gus:catmilkbowl: 
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Means Sisu/Otium/Arvo etc etc etc (Or shall we say all the same people just different names) have once again missed filing their accounts at Company House.    confused2    Or they're trying to wind that company "Holdings" up FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 753905  trying to dodge things Carole.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:11 pm

OK so whats all this mean then

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-football-club-holdings-6273229

Choccy want ice cream with that fish  sarnie

Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Carole yes I love a mackrel sarnie fish 

Malc: A team with pace, skill, detemination, fitness, ability to score, entertaining, full of local players it's mad. I give everyone a wave at Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi there peeps...live game on the box on Friday night...B T tv station I think, will prob stay indoors and listen to the game through the 'player' web site.

Hi Choccy, you must think you are watching a diff team this season chap...lol.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

FOOTY CHAT
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next