HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Morning cornflakes please.......warm milk.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

Thank you.

What's Gil & the boys said Carole?

This is a wooden table we liked the look of when we went to Wootton Wawen .....they had lots of interesting tables. We weren't going to buy it just thought it looked interesting....it looked like marble. It was heavy as well.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

Hot chocolate on its way missy mug
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am

No not very good news Carole.....glad your Doctor got to the bottom of it, why didn't they tell you you were pre-diabetic?.   That's not good.....  anyway you know now you'll be fine, do as your doctor says.   Sylvia was diabetic but she was fine,  it wasn't the diabetics which caused her the problems but her drinking & smoking.  

Anyway take care .......oh and watch the sweet stuff.  

Glad you had a good time with your friends Margaret even if a number of them are having problems health etc.

Hi Bond ......I'll have a hot chocolate please.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 am

Good evening all, just in from a full day with out, Breakfast coffee and Chat with our Irish friends, into rehearsal with leading players for Oz then straight into the nativity play rehearsal at 2:'30 then when that was finished over to Bedworth to watch Jessica in a inter schools Football tournament now back home for bacon and Tomatoes on cheese topped batches
So a glass of beer me thinks
Glad it's here and looking as you hoped Vicky well done!!
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:54 am

morning
Sorry to be a bit late on parade but had a great sleep last night.
Finally feel refreshed.
Even the cats let me sleep in until half an hour ago.

There were six of us last night, one is having plumbing problems fixed,
another was sick and Brian and Shirley are having health problems of
another sort. Brian has just had surgery to repair a valve in his heart
and Shirley is dealing with a slight fracture in her ankle so is wearing a
walking cast but cannot drive at the moment.
They are trying to convince Brian to have a pacemaker put in but
at this time he is saying no more surgeries.
Luckily they have four adult kids who are taking turns in looking after
them.
It was just a regular coffee shop last night but the other couple in our group
are well known there so its very friendly and the food is good.

Its a little cooler this morning and will be in the mid 70s today.
They are forecasting another period of hot, dry weather with high winds in
a couple of days.
Found light ash on both cars yesterday. Not a lot but it
shows how far the wind carries it. We are at least 30-40 miles away from the
Valley Fire in Orange County where the ash is coming from.
Don't worry Bond, we are safe where we are.
They are gradually getting containment on this fire but the Wine Region one
is still running wild.
Hopefully, they can start letting some equipment leave and aid in the other
fire.
Must go  shopper today as I am using my packs of long life milk at the
moment. Must pick up some more as they come in handy in a pinch.
Found out the new postie is not picking up letters to be mailed any more which
the other one always did as it saves a trip to the post office. They are doing away with
the corner post boxes like they are doing away with the public phones.
I notice that there are still some outside of the Drug stores in our area.(Think Boots).
They cost too much to constantly repair the vandalism done to them.
We don't have boxes, just hoods over the phones.
We used to have boxes but they got used for other purposes than what they were made for!
I think Superman used them too much! :-D

Just took a break as Ian called to check up on me. Brought him up to date  and now will
email Melanie to see what is going on in her neck of the woods.
Peter's brother called very late to check up on me as to the fire situation but couldn't get to the
phone fast enough to answer as I was fast asleep at the time.
I am sure he will call again. He has no sense of just how big the USA is and where the fires are
in relation to where I live. Thinking of sending him a map so he can keep track.
He also sometimes forgets the time difference.
Better get started here. There is time to do a few errands before I leave for my meeting tonight.
TTFN
PS. Just read your post Carole, I hope it all works out for you, just losing 10 lbs will make a difference.
That's what I am trying to do. XXX
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 am

Well  not so  good news on my side...
Was talking to my Thyroid Dr about my weight
she asked if the GP had tested me for diabetics
was not sure ,so she looked seems back in 2015
I was pre-diabetic so she tested me today the finger
stick was 112,and the A1C over the last 3mths was
6.9 so she has started me on Metformin ER 500MG two pills
a day as long as they do not upset my stomach
She said they could also help me lose weight I also
told her what I do in a day and how by 1 or 2pm
I am knackered and have been laying down for 30mins
to an hour to recharge my jets ....so she has dropped down the
milligrams I take of my Thyroid pills now  and ADDED another one
that will give me a boost and could ALSO help me lose a few
pounds as I KNOW that is not HELPING the way I feel confused2

Anyway I also have an appointment with a Nutritionist the 20th
being as I am now Diabetic I qualify for one through Medicare
no charge .....
Back later
HOWDY Marge xx

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am

cheers cheers cheers out the door be back
glad your happy {also David}

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 am

GOT IT......oh it's beautiful, I love it.....even David said "Yes that's really nice" much better in the flesh.

Sent an email to George telling him how much I love it....and thanking him for his help with all my enquiries.
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Morning and it's looking nice out there.......not t-shirt weather though.

We're in until the post arrives.  bounce

Well there's always been a Casting Couch   confused2  yuck......Joanna Lumley started in blue moves.  affraid  she said she HAD to do it to get the break.   confused2  

That's odd Bond Susan & Matt    off to Ireland this morning, they've gone to visit Anne, her mate she used to work with when Anne came over here to live,  she's a really nice person.    They'll have a great time.

That's how Sharon & I became friends also.......her & I met up at the Clinic when we were both pregnant with our daughters (Susan & Jessica) it's a wonder Sharon and I didn't get thrown out, we used to get the giggles when we were doing our exercises on the mat....."And your pains are starting to go....10 9 8 7 6 5 " and that was it we'd start laughing, it was a bunch of beached whales all lying on mats doing these breathing exercises.....oh it looked and sounded so funny, then Susan & Jessica went to Play Group  together and then all the way through school and they're still best friends, speak most days to each other.    Sharon & I speak around 6 months or so.....she comes here every so often and Wilf comes round to say "Thank you" for his birthday & christmas present & always pops a thank you note through the door .

Oh well I'll let you know when IT comes.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Ahhh that is sweet Bond bonding over their first born
and living in Ireland no less now so will have a lot to
catch up on chattable
Dark here also but another warm day i can feel it
must have had a few showers during the night but none
now
Hope everyone had a good night ,I have to get my act together
as its the Dr's this morning
Back later run run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit dark yet, we are up earlier to visit a friend over from Ireland before we go to the Leading Players, mrsb and the lady both gave their first born at the same time and made a life long friendship and I used to work with the man in the late 60s
Breakfast and it's cornflakes and hot milk, toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 am

Seems our Harvey used the same approach
on quite a FEW going to the bathroom and slipping
into his dressing gown and leaving only his underpants
on ,then going back in and coming out STARK NAKED

Anyway I am bushed so taken my shower ,and will speak tomorrow
Thanks Marge wish I could share with you funnytvprog

New avatar dinner tonight

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 am

Are you talking about the perv Harvey Weinstein Margaret ?     Yes it's big news over here .....seems his wife is finally leaving him.   What is it with these wives....."I'm sticking by him" ?     Mad  It's like Wayne Rooney's wife......how many more times must she read in the paper,   or him  telephone  her  "Darling I've been arrested for drink driving ....er whist driving some woman I'd picked up in a night club's car"......and THEN blames her, Coleen, because she was on holiday with their 3 children...."If you weren't on holiday it wouldn't have happened"    affraid  the nerve of the guy, year after year he's got up to one thing after another and  "The little wife" stands by him.   so yes we've heard all about Weinstein Margaret.....big news.     Also Rooney got community service BUT he's pleasing himself when he does it because he's got to football train.  WHAT!!!!!  oh well that's ok then, wonder if he'd knocked some kiddy over and killed it would he have gone to prison only on days he wasn't training?   Mad

The old Tamworth shopping mall isn't good though Bond.  ....not sure if the Wedding dress shop in the very old part was one Susan & I went to first. confused2 it might have been.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 am

Oh dear Marge wondered where you were
as I saw you logged in

I saw they were asking for help with the firefighters
and some are going there from other States as yours
have been going 24X7
I also saw the lady who was looking frantically in the ashes
of her home for her wedding ring did somehow FIND it.
And wine prices {if you drink it } are rising

As to what Vicky saw ,I do not think it would have been
a "dating" thing where they were funnytvprog  sounds
like some sort of shenanigans  though funnytvprog
too bad Vicky you could not have stopped for another
funnytvprog funnytvprog funnytvprog

Well my chores are done so I should SIT for an hour as its almost 3pm
made stuffed boneless chicken breast {stuffed with fresh tomato and cheese}
serving them with white rice peas/carrots and baby sprouts
Two loads of washingbasket  done washed dried and folded

Enjoy your meal Marge and give your self a pat on the back
your doing GRRRREAT as Tony the tiger said ...
So hope they can do your windows toot sweet and then you can show us
PICTURES

They showed your area covered with some of the smoke on ABC earlier

BOND how about a LARGE L & L

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:56 am

Hi Marge keep safe, I dont know how far away from are from you he fires but just keep safe.

Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 am

Lost a post again!!!!!

Vicky that sounds like a plot for a book.
Unless it was some speed dating outfit, you only get time to meet and greet
before deciding if you want to meet up again.

Wild fires abound in the state of California, it seems we have 20 burning at the moment
most in the far north of the state(think Scotland).
The Sonoma area and the Napa Valley is where our finest wine grape are grown and its
getting to be harvest time.(this is north of San Francisco)
This is proving to be the most deadly fire in decades. there are still over 100 people missing.

With so many fires at the same time it means the men (and women) and equipment are
getting thin on the ground at this point. there are 500 fire fighters on the Valley fire nearer
to us in the next county. So far only minor injuries here.
More help is on the way but fire engines can't go very fast with tons of water on board.
President Trump has declared a disaster so that releases federal funds and aid to
our state. Bet he never thought that he would be hit with Harvey, Irma and this so
close together.
I bet this didn't make as much of a stir in the UK as the show biz exec. who has been
fondling the goods for years. Its taken some big names to come forward to finally
get him(he has taken off for France to a fancy clinic to make him all well again and
he hopes all will be forgiven and he can go on with his life as if nothing had happened.) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
He has been fired from his own company for Pete's sake!!!!!

Not much going on here as I think the adrenalin finally gave out after four weeks of going
at full speed (one week before Ian came, two weeks while he was here and one week after
he went home ), Finally heard from windows man with the final estimate so all I have to
do is give the OK and the process starts.
Got weekly dinner tonight so think I will go and get my hair cut today as my hair is in my eyes again.
I can drop by the bank and deposit the new "pink slips" for the cars (the original for Big Red was pink!)
these I won't need unless I sell a car. The new registration will be in my name and Ian's so he can
be a legal owner with me.
Can't tell if its sea mist outside or smoke drifting from the fires outside,
the cars look like they have some fine ash on them. Its definitely feels cooler today.
Must away and have an early lunch as I missed breakfast this morning. TTFN

Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 am

Hi, Tamworth is the place to be, I am still like the sound of old Tamworth too many people and cars in the new Venturer park
Nice things in the fridge mmmMmmm
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 am

Well it  in Leics

Oh went food shopper this morning before Benjie went for his .....so fridgefood full.     BOND get your head out of it.....he'll soon empty it.  Mad    confused2      run  run  run  he's gone off with some pork & stuffing  on a crusty batch    confused2

Oh forgot to tell you all.....the other day we were sitting in M&S in Tamworth and as we got to our table this young woman about 27 came in and sat down at the next table,  a bit later this tall well dressed man in his middle to late 50's I would think came in and she jumped up threw her arms round him, smiling ear to ear, then she kissed him and the Waitress walking by put the tray she had in her hand up hiding her face saying "I'm not looking" the young woman looked at us and smiled.....they sat down and I heard him say  "No I'll just have a sip of yours and your biscuit"  M&S always put a small biscuit in your saucer "Oh so you're having my biscuit are you?" she said with a laugh....they then started to talk then his mobile phone went off....and he started talking into it....she sat there waiting for him to finish but he went on & on and suddenly she jumped up grabbed her coat & bag and said to him "Thanks for nothing"  and stormed off.  he carried on talking as though nothing had happened ....Ooer.    THEN ages later just as he was finishing  telephone  up walked another young woman maybe in her late teens and sat down.   David & I looked at each other .....what was going on?   Trouble we we're just about to leave.....so never found out what was going on.      It all goes on in Tamworth.....
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 am

Good afternoon ladies, just Back from the big shop so fridgefood full again
Yes not Bob it may of even been A mouse, he is a bit of a black panther he's young and fit he goes over the 6ft fences in a flash and is invisible under the hedges, with just his green eyes showing
Tea coffee and L&Ls plus mini apple pies warm or cold
Hoo by the way Vicky cornflakes are fine that's the colour of the carpet golden corn
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 am

OK here you go we aim to PLEASE
Nuneaton

United Kingdom October 11th
Breezy
61°53°
59°F

Wednesday
Showers61°53°
Thursday
Mostly Cloudy58°49°
Friday
Breezy65°56°
Saturday
Partly Cloudy66°57°
Sunday
Partly Cloudy67°56°

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 am

cheers So the deal is done pal

Oh I know its only for this week Vicky with Spencer
but you used to get on me for saying something
about his staying here ,its not just that I enjoy
knowing he is in the house as I said he normally goes
down into his room to watch TV and falls to sleep
but I do worry about the way he stretches himself
was bad enough when he was with Migdalia but he
only stayed over there until 7'ish ,its 10+ at Carmen's

Guess we ALL do stupid things when in ♥️love♥️

Well first load of coloreds done whites in now

I know the weather can change only a few miles or LESS
anywhere but let us know how CLOSE it comes OK

So when do we get the item

Back later have to give Gil a shower this morning THAT always
wears me out Shocked

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 pm

cheers  I'm so pleased about Bob Bond, though it was another poor little NOT catmilkbowl  wise bird.....but Bob's ok.       Not seen my Rusties for a long time, but I'm hardly in.

Oops good job it's not the carpet yet, I've dropped a couple of cornflakes.  I've picked them up Mrs B didn't notice.  Phew!!!!  good job I hadn't put the milk on yet.

No Carole I've never heard of a  eating/swallowing a

But twice a week he does stay in and after all Carole it's only this week until it goes back to normal.    Rob goes to Sheffield to see Dawn after the kids have gone home on a Saturday afternoon, after he's also done football training, early Sunday morning he sets off to get back to Nuneaton in time to pick Matthew up for football, every week, unless the Witch has other plans, but usually it's every week. he drives a lot with his job but instead of taking it easy at the weekend no off he goes to see Dawn....and he helps her with the dogs ( she looks after dogs now as well as her own dog) takes them for a walk etc so he doesn't even rest then......but he does it     I'm sure Spencer doesn't mind and as I said it's only this week.  

Well yes I've told George I'll buy it.....and so the transaction is complete.  cheers

Trouble is Carole we don't live in Coventry so the Coventry weather doesn't comply. Smile
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 pm

Your dose of  daily weather chat

Good morning this is the outlook for your Coventry weather this morning coming from the Bablake weather station...
The remains of hurricane Nate are heading up over Iceland on Wednesday,
drawing in a warm tropical airflow from the Azores, but also a lot of cloud and rain.
Fortunately, the worst of this rain will be well to the north-west of us, and
as we head into the weekend, it should be largely dry for us into early next week.
So bright dry and warm it will be through the weekend, with temperatures up to
71f/22C perhaps by Monday.
Although rather cloudy on Wednesday morning, it should be mainly dry in our region,
with just a few spots of rain in places; this rain will become more organised into this afternoon however, though maybe not raining all the time, dying away soon after dark hopefully.
It will be windy, but mild with highs around 61f/16C, feeling humid despite the breeze.
As the cold front passes into this evening, skies will clear and the breeze will ease back, allowing minima to fall to 8C or so by dawn on Thursday, by which time, it should be sunny.
Thursday promises to be the best day of the week with sunny spells, though white cloud will develop through the day; it will be respectably mild at 15C though still quite breezy.
Outlook beyond the weekend– .ex tropical storm Ophelia might just spoil the fine weather as we head into next week, becoming cooler with wind and rain.

Ophelia is the storm our weatherman was looking at but said it
should stay out to sea away from land ,so guess she is being SUCKED
up YOUR way talktohand  NOT MY FAULT

Just saw that there are 17 confirmed dead in the  California fires among
them a couple who had been together 70+ yrs
but there are a couple of hundred still unaccounted for confused2

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 pm

funnytvprog  Well guess you ARE a happy chappy
Bond you posted TWICE ,now go back and delete one funnytvprog

Glad it was not Bob being taken for a "ride" then
Oh that is NASTY Vicky the dogwalk ATE the MOUSE Mad Mad
I have never seen THAT with a dog ......

Anyway here we are "HUMP" day ,and we do not have
to do a ♪ knees up mother brown" today

Starting off in he 60's here with a few showers coming
from New York later in the day possible and tonight
but the weather will be up and down temp wise and no heavy
in sight Shocked
Have a couple of washingbasket  to do today ,then tomorrow
its my Thyroid Dr's appointment that I had to reschedule from the other
week

Vicky I say NOTHING but I also know my son gets very tired getting up
at 430am every day and then coming home showering sometimes
eating before he goes over Carmen's sometimes not, waits until he gets
back home after 10pm  where as he should be able to come home shower
eat and take it easy at least a COUPLE of days a week
If they were married he would not be going back out EVERY night like
this confused2  I only worry as I know he gets very little Sleep as it is
and eating late like that is NOT good either nono
As it is the days he DOES or HAS been staying home he showers eats
goes down stairs to watch TV but says 9 times out of 10 he falls to Sleep
so THAT is telling me he NEEDS it ....I REALLY am not a clingy mother
only want whats best for her children

Anyway do you HAVE THE GOODS yet
you know we expect a picture of you wearing it if and when
you get it ...right Bond

Ok must get going back later oh and yes ALWAYS short skirts back then
Vicky one of my signature "trade marks" that I was known for
#1 Accent
#2 long hair
#3 legs funnytvprog funnytvprog

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Bobz back, I've just had a chat with him, I said where have you been you got me so worried he where have I been where have you been!!?? You should be here to protect me from that black panther
he seems OK and he's chatting away

Last edited by Mr Bond on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

cheers bobs back bobs back
Never mind after coffee this is me seeing bobs back
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone bright but a bit grey over here
great mouse Story could it be made into a film
No need to lift those lovely legs up this morning girls just a tidy up of the bathroom and kitchen, changing the bed that sort of thing but the rest of the house is upside down waiting for the carpet fitters Monday, I got the skirting board and cleaned and painted that is hidden behind the dresser and  TV cabinet
Breakfast and it's cornflakes and hot milk toast
Back later
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Oh Coco is their dog Carole, the naughty one who swallowed the poor mouse whole, didn't chew it or anything just dashed, opened it's mouth and swallowed it..

Awwww you should tell Spencer of course it's ok to see Carmen, for him not to be silly, seeing how she's going to Puerto Rico to help her family and so wouldn't see Spencer for a week.

And a short skirt too I see Carole......you'll have Bond slobbering. funnytvprog
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 am

New avatar 1990's when I looked like
I was wearing a "beaver hat" funnytvprog

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 am

Well all clean and washed my hair
glad when I go see Fran next Wednesday 18th
Oh I know you were not talking about the one in Scotland
Vicky sorry I should have said in Brum
Oh I would HAVE DIED had I seen the cat eating the
WHOLE Mad bad enough when Buddy caught the bird ,I did not
want to touch or SPEAK to him Shocked

Well Spencer is home not sure if he is going to stay home
or go over Carmen's {even though he has been staying home
Tuesday's and Thursday's } as she said I have to "change " days
being as she is going to Puerto Rico on Friday for a week ,so guess
she wants to see him EVERY day this week ,so Spencer told her
she would have to call and speak to me about that
He did say he was not sure if he would be doing that though yet confused2

Her uncle is coming over here and staying with her though as he is a hairdresser
and cannot work there right now ,plus she will TRY to convince her parents
to come here to live if only until things get back to more normal over there
but Spencer said he doubted they would ,the older folk do not want to leave
their homes damaged or not confused2

Anyway have a good night every one speak in the morning ...Spencer
just left .....

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 am

If he's cat wise he won't be friendly with them...... you hear birds telling other birds "Prey about"   they're not daft.

I remember my hairdresser from years ago Julia, she used to go to College with Rob, anyway she was animal mad.....she had two cats, one night her and her partner heard the cats making a load noise, Julia went down stairs to find one each side of the sofa she thought they'd brought in a bird, she got the cats out of the room, and looked behind the sofa, suddenly she saw this    peeping out, moved the sofa expecting the mouse to run and hide somewhere else but it just stood there she easily caught it and carried it outside and put it down in the garden.....went back to bed and was telling her partner all about the mouse, suddenly she shot up, said to her partner (now husband)  "That mouse was too easily caught....and the colouring was all wrong"   flew downstairs, out of the front door to see this little mouse trotting down the road with a    (not hers) sitting there just watching the mouse she ran after the mouse grabbed it just as the cat was going to pounce.....brought it in and it was a pet mouse, she put it in a large box with some ceriel and water in a tiny dish.....lay all night watching it so that it didn't jump out, and the next morning bought a mouse cage, food etc but also put a notice in all the paper shops that a pet mouse had been caught .....no one came forward and she had the mouse for years.    She made us all laugh telling us all about the little mouse....trotting down the road  (she did the actions) and this cat sitting there  (actions again)  thinking "Yum yum mousey supper/ breakfast"    and then just as it was going to pounce (actions again)  I grabbed the mouse ....cat thinking "Oh drat, where did that pesky human come from?"   funnytvprog
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am

Hi, his failure may of been he was to nosey and friendly he would sit on the anvil chatting
See you for breakfast Night Night
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am

He's not a very young bird is he Bond so he'll be street (cat) wise.....he'll be fine .......Claire was telling us how one of her cats (they've two) brought in a mouse, dropped it and it ran behind a sofa, Claire was shooing the cats and Coco out while Steve tried to catch the mouse, before they could stop Coco he darted forward as the mouse came from under the sofa and Coco swallowed the mouse whole. affraid awwww poor little Claire was upset telling us about it.

It was showing us the houses and how it is now Margaret. Mad it really is terrible those poor people just not able to get away.

Oh it's not the pendant in Scotland Carole, the photos I sent to you.....that's still there, the one which had gone already, but not removed from their website, was in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham.

Oh yes hot chocolate please Bond.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 am

Sorry you missed that pendant then Vicky ,guess it was not meant to be
Will check my email in a few as we just ate and I am going for my shower
before Spencer gets home
Marge I was wondering how close those fires were getting to you
The one in Naper was terrible as you said no time to escape in some
cases
or grab anything showed one woman this morning digging in the embers
looking for her wedding ring
Anyway will be back before signing off
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 am

There are currently 8 different wild fires burning in this State.
The deadly one is north of San Francisco in wine country.
The fires are each given names so I may not be using the name
you have been hearing on the news.

I believe the death count will go much higher in that one, as I said
it was like a fire storm, just devouring everything in its path in
seconds. They had no time to react and save themselves.
We had so much rain last winter that everything grew twice as tall
and when summer came.it all dried out and made more tinder
than usual. It only take a spark or lightning to ignite a small fire
which is then whipped by the wind into a fully fledged wild fire.

The Canyon Fire as our local one is called, burned more acres in the
first few hours than it might have done in a day or so if not for the winds.
We have a lot more posh housing estates being built into the foothills where
they have no right to be but land is at a premium here, not enough housing
to go around. I remember when we first moved here it took about 15 minutes to
drive out of the city to the countryside, Now it take over an hour!

Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

Hi all, this year for the first time ever I've bought a pair of blue suede shoes
Just been to pick mrsb up and the radio news said no 13 dead and expect more to be announced
Well I haven't seen Bob today but fingers crossed as I haven't been out much
Drinks is it a hot chocolate? L&L ready
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 am

"But don't you step on my blue suede shoes"  

Yes been to the dentist .....why is it food gets between your teeth when you've had them cleaned?.

Well went to the Jewellery Quarter and this Antique shop to look at this "one" pendant I quite liked and wanted to see it in the flesh ....went in, had to press for each door into the shop ....asked about the pendant, the assistant asked if it was in the window.....it wasn't, there was a few I'd looked at but nothing I fancied.....she look around the glass cases  "Oh where can the silly thing be?" she said, then "Are you sure it's not in the window?"    Mad  no it wasn't we said...."Hang on I'll get the Boss on the phone" so she phoned him on her mobile  "A lady & gent here asking about that pearl drop Edwardian pendant...... can't find it"   then she said "He's on his way in"  after less than a minute in he came.....must have been doing some gardening    anyway we heard him say "Is it in the safe?"   "No" she said and then we heard "Ah we've sold it"  from him.....she should have known, anyway she asked if there was anything else she could show us?    There wasn't.....so that's that, which is good, only one to think about.

Had more photos sent to me with measurements......sent them on to you & Margaret Carole.  

We've heard 10 dead and at least a 100 missing Margaret......lets hope we've getting the wrong news.

Later guys.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:01 am

Yes, its been a while since we had fires as bad as this.
The one in the wine growing area in the Napa Valley was
more like a fire storm, it hit houses like a freight train.
The closer Anaheim Hills fire had really high winds taking embers
for miles.
Luckily no fatalities , only a fireman with smoke inhalation so far.
When something like this happens there is an immediate assist
from neighboring fire departments so they are able to change man
power so they don't get overwhelmed.

You can see the badges on the fire trucks what county or State
they came from. Its called Mutual Aid pact. You respond to our
disaster and we will respond to yours.
There are helicopters and large aircraft to drop water and fire
retardant. This time the choppers were flying all night, not
usually done as its very dangerous.
No known cause yet. Its very smoky outside as the wind drifts
this way. It made the sunset look like a blood orange!
The Orange County Fairground is at capacity with animals so
they are now using the local racecourse as they have barns and
corrals for livestock also.
The Fairground is huge and has a race track also and lots of exhibition
halls like open sided hangers so for it to be at capacity is unusual.
County Fairs are big here every autumn. Its where you go to try and win a blue ribbon
for quilts, cakes etc. It has horse racing and the usual fairground rides with a
country music show in the evenings.
Spent the evening with Lorna for a catch up as I have not seen her since Ian left.
She spent her day off cleaning out five sets of doggy ears!
Some she had to mildly sedate while she did it as they don't like it done.
Boy, were they quiet last night. :-)
Its back to the list again today. The window man has finally contacted me by email.
So I think we are on the same page at last.

Vicky, you sound as though you are doing all the right things and asking the right questions.
Most pieces of the period were made to do double duty anyway. usually it was a suite of
jewelry not just one piece . A couple of pieces during the day and the full Monty at night.
There are even Tiaras that can be completely taken apart and used in different ways.

Well, I've chatted long enough,I need to get going here. TTFN
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 pm

You press 1for the money and 2 for the show Bond
3 to get READY now GO GO GO funnytvprog

Ok so what do I know Vicky confused2  ,but it looks lovely
no matter HOW you wear it
Have you been already to the dentist Smile talktohand  watch the GLARE
if you please

OK I have to get going been messing around on the  and need
to go pick up one of my pills after getting Gil up and dressed
Suns back sunny  and so shall I be run run run

Pork chops today

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi ladies happy lunch hour, no I haven't seen Bob a hundred percent but I thought I saw a flash of him from the kitchen window but I haven't had time to pop down to see if he's about and has time for a chat
We are looking to get rid of things or declutter as they say, a couple of Vines, things? With lion heads handles, we found them under tooth pick holders? On eBay and the silver teapot mrsb thinks it's late 18 hundreds going for £14 to £50 on a good day
Mrsb has just given away four bottles of beer from the silver jubilee time?
Now now is this a scam? I've just had a email saying I've won Elvis tickets
You press 1for the money and 2 for the show workscoffee funnytvprog
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Awwww sweet 9 year old  

California having terrible fires, 10 dead so many missing.   Mad

The pin is so the Edwardian lady could wear it as a brooch Carole.....and I can see what he means.   I have telephone  the shop spoke to George, owner, lovely Scottish guy....he's getting back to me about the measurements.

Have you seen Bob Bond?

Added the title to my list Carole.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

funnytvprog New Avatar is me in 1951
age 9 when my Nan took me to Hayling Island
with her sister Aunt Lil and Uncle Cid
I can remember laying in the shallow part of the sea
pretending I was swimming funnytvprog
It was a lovely beach

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Well hope you sent a reply saying YES
Vicky as its LOVELY and regards the
"pin" David was concerned over that would be to secure
it to a ladies clothing so it did not bob around so cannot
see THAT being an issue and the pearls look good
as well ....so let us know after you come back in all Smile blinding
us with your white teeth .....

So your too busy still Bond so not sure if that was Bob the Robin

Spencer just said a new storm is in the Atlantic coming off the
African coast ,it will be named Ophelia if it becomes a hurricane
but our weather man said it is looking like it may stay out over water lets
HOPE so as this year we have had our fill of them being large and making
landfall
OK should clear up and become a sunny  day and we will be at 80f
pretty crazy for the 10th of October @ well here on the North East Coast
where we are normally in the 60's right now Shocked
Vicky I down loaded this book onto my Amazon Fire tablet yesterday
it started off really good fast reading I "YIKE" it  
Seducing the Bride (Brides of Mayfair Series Book 1)  

Hope Marge had a good night and I shall return

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone getting up in the dark now
Back to sorting out the carpet and the floor boards plus a bit of pointing at the bottom of the he stone fireplace when we had the new gas fire so a busy day
First breakfast and it's cornflakes and hot milk
Toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

Happy hunting Bond.

Yes I'm still thinking.......

Dentist tomorrow.......so speak tomorrow sometime. Nighty night.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 am

Hi ladies, well it was from the back so it may not of been, I'll go out tomorrow and have a churp chip and hope he comes
Night night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 am

That is the only thing I hate about cats too Bond ,but as Gil reminds. Me
It's nature ,but what Vicky says is true if he lets it down it could very well
Fly away as when Buddy was outside months ago i had just let him out
saw him lay down as they do when stalking something and then saw what
he was looking at a large Cat Bird that flew around the side of our shed with buddy after it
then he came back out with it in his mouth ,I started yelling at him he dropped it and when
I went over to it and it flew off
Just glad buddy was not hunting for food Sad
Guess we await your decision then Vicky ...pictures please flowers AND pendent

Last edited by carole b on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 am

Susan sent me an email saying I've saved up over a year  to go for it.....in fact buy TWO.  funnytvprog  she's a case.

Sent you and Margaret the photos Carole.
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 am

Oh no not Bob........I love cats, grew up with cats but they can be cruel, birds do play dead, wait until the cat puts it down and then the bird flies off..... so lets hope it does this.

I've got all evening to think it over Carole. Susan came up with the idea of me wearing one of my brooches on a chain.

David put the new plants in the front garden.....looks good.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 am

Good evening ladies, it's gone cold here so heating is on full
Now come on get a grip littleBlond
Well I've never hated cats and never really loved as I was allergic to their fur, but this afternoon I spotted the local black cat trotting up from our houses with a bird in its mouth and it may of been Bob
Back to top Go down

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next