HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Morning cornflakes please.......warm milk.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:37 am

You know what they say about washing your car, that its bound to rain?
Well mine was the reverse of that, I covered Big Red and it would not rain!
We finally had a light shower very early this morning, The sunny is
playing peek a boo with the clouds but I don't see anymore rain clouds about.

Got my hotel booked in Sonora for five days over Xmas. Its a Best Western Plus and looks
quite new. Its a few miles up the road from where Melanie and Jim live but its better than
being in either Sonora proper or Jamestown at that time of year as it get a bit rowdy.
I was a bit surprised to get a reservation over Xmas that easy but it might be a bit more
expensive than the locals can afford. All the action is up at the ski resort at this time of year
so the Hotels and Motels near town don't get as much business. It switches around in summer.

Cannot get the flights I want to Modesto so looks like I will be motoring up there.
Train and bus can take two days. I need a newer GPS unit so going online later.
Mine is an old Tom- Tom which was good in its time but they are much better now.
They store more information about gas stations and places to eat and warn you of
diversions.
If I leave very early in the morning on Friday, the 22nd I will have a fairly open road
once I am past the Infamous Grape Vine freeway( I have done this so many times that
I know how to cope with all the truck traffic)its just a bit boring as its so straight after
that. masses of flat farm fields for miles.
I let Lorna know what days I will need her to look after my cats. I will be traveling back on the
27th.
Waiting for the awning to dry out before I can roll it away.
Finished my washingbasket and the cat ablutions, swept the kitchen floor and
put out the recycles and garbage. Property tax part one has been sent and the gardener
paid and the Dentist. I have the folders on the breakfast table for the new awning, the windows
and Part Two of the property tax. (due at the end of January).
Think I will have a go at sorting the master bedroom today mainly its clothes and toiletries
but that will be after I have done shopper
I only have lentil soup left in the cupboard! TTFN

Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 am

MARGARET I'm watching the Paddington film.....Bond it's on 4.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:59 am

Well Blaine just left so now I shall go
with is dad and get him up ....drives me
when he is like this ....
No to your 2nd question Vicky headbanger

Buddy does not shed a LOT but the sofa is not a "soft"
material a little rough if you know what I mean so nice
to sit on a soft cover ...the other side has a white scroll
on it that Buddy "KNEADS" like cats sometimes do ,so I
turned them over ,not sure WHY he does it confused2
Saba LOVED looking out over the back of this one to see
who was coming ,back then though I had to put a throw cover
over it ALL ,I am not a big fan either of the loose cushions
Vicky
OK see Marge getting ready to PLUNGE in so back later
after the

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 am

We record it Bond, something must be on the other side as you say.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:41 am

Evening ladies, the fireworks have just started of again Sorry Benjie
No we don't See porridge there must be something on the other side at the same time as we switch over and it's just ending bit the bit we see looks good
Right it is then Carole
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:34 am

Yes as you say it's the thought that counts.....the gloves will come in handy for you Carole.

Oh dear not good Gil not having his tablets......is he doing his exercises Carole?

That's lovely Carole, being complimented like that.  

That's what we were worried about when we chose are sofa's.....but Benjie's really good when he goes out he has his paws wiped and the lightest sofa which is against the wall he's not allowed on, and he's really good he knows it.....he just goes on the one by the window and lies on the top looking out of the window.     Though he doesn't shed any hairs anyway......Yorkshire Terriers don't shed hairs. Our sofa's have lots of cushions too....I love them but David would dump them if he could, I keep saying "They belong to the sofa's you can't dump them"
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:12 am

No Vicky she has a very young face
I got a lovely compliment this morning
not that I REALLY believed it ,Kitty on the service desk
where I normally do my big shopping said she just had
her 55th birthday on the 2nd ,so I said yup I am going to have
the 3/4 of a century next month ,she said no way you look
like your in your 40's funnytvprog  ,mind you she is a lovely
lady but SHE looks MUCH OLDER than 55
I cannot believe MY first baby will be 57 this month

Ok this is the large sofa ,have a throw on the seats to keep Buddy's
hairs in check ,does not shed a LOT but enough ,so you can maybe see where
I have tried to pick the colors out for the carpet with the lighter
parts to brighten it up some

Bond I will take a confused1 please ....YES I SAID

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 am

Well heat back on ,and last of the washing
folded ....
Gil still under the duvet ,told me to SHUT UP
when I asked WHY he did not want to get up
so I am .......has not taken his pills yet either
and its almost 12noon

Just made myself a dish of cottage cheese one
tomato off the vine and a string cheese as I am hungry
would be tempted to make a soup/stew if they had not said
it was going to be 70f tomorrow ,although its going to be
weird as its also going to be raining
Talking of that my sister sent Tracie a gift down for her birthday
this month ,now you KNOW where Tracie lives right ? so what
does she send her leather GLOVES funnytvprog Tracie said
don't tell her Mum I will send them up to you ,well guess its the
thought

OK I see Bond on call so lets see if that was his son and Sara

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 am

Oh I didn't know it was Bond's son, how could I......has he grown his hair Bond?   Great styles 20's & 30's

Michael is looking dapper Bond. Lovely couple.

Lovely rug Carole     like it.

Bond have you watched the new "Porridge" ?   didn't like the first one ....of course you can't help comparing  it to the old one with Ronnie Barker & of course the lovely Richard Beckinsale who looked like an old boyfriend of mine, but I thought "Give the new series a chance" and I did so now like it.

New avatar.....Susan & Matt last year ....you wouldn't believe Susan is 38.   Awwww my baby.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 am

Hi all, it's true it's really cold out there I just saw a brass  monkey looking for a welder
That was Sara and Michael at the 20s do there isn't a full length one of Sara but the dress was stunning , very figure hugging
We need the heating on
Yes his hair did grow back quite quickly with the odd grey flex

Last edited by Mr Bond on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 am

Way to go Matthew then
Cool here as well very grey and threatening
rain so better go throw the switch on again I
guess
Gil does not want to GET UP NOW headbanger

Your joking right Vicky about Bonds Avatar confused2

That's his son and Sara at the 20's do
Well back later ......new carpet coming up Vicky

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am

Gosh it's cold out there. Anyway we won 2-6 it was a cup match so we're on to the next round. Cov won as well and they're onto the next round.

Who's the stylish couple Bond?

Oh that was Benjie also Carole when the clocks went back.....his bodies clock stayed the same time. Rolling Eyes

Nearly finished my book it's really good, not sure whether to keep. confused2
Oh Carole.....lots of but good story too.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:41 am

Poor Benjie .know the feeling as Saba
after being scared by our IDIOT neighbors
was scared stiff ,but he shook all over I thought
he would have a heart attack ....
Yes Vicky wood floors up here this end Spencer
laid them some years ago ,and tiles in the kitchen end
the bedrooms all have W to W though ,and down stairs
where Spencer stays is concrete floor ,it USED to also
have w to w but Spencer ripped it all out when he made
it into a "game room" with his pool table that he has down there
so he has throw carpets down now along with his two large sofa's
and his bedroom suite .......
Have to go get Gil up I guess ,back later

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:52 pm

Didn't get back in last night we were trying to calm Benjie down......it's not that he's nervous  he just runs to the windows barking.....or stands in the middle of the lounge barking, he jumped on the sofa in the study between us and when we heard the whoosh of the rocket we tried to reassure him, though often he heard something before we heard heard whoosh (as you know they have great hearing)  and off he went.....next door was only a couple of rockets, and other fireworks, half an hour at the most but behind us, oh boy....once again 3 nights now. Mad   and I expect it'll be tonight as well.  

Is the rug on a wooden floor Carole?    We haven't a rug in the lounge just the wall to wall carpet.....as we have in here (the study) so we didn't need a big rug.  

Oh I was like that Carole "Can't possibly like me"  I remember being told 3 guys liked me when I was 14 and they wanted to meet up, I didn't believe it.....though when I started work my supervisor Mrs Sutcliff was one of the boys Mums and when she heard my name she said "Did you go to St Gregory's?" I did and she said "My son fancied you.....he use to come home from school and talk about you, a couple of times he wanted to ask you out but he thought you'd knock him back"  WHAT?  he was a dish all the girls fancied him...he was in the class below me, he'd been living in London and then his Dad had to come to Bolton.....and so Peter came to St Gregory's and all the girls drooled, I know a couple of times he'd jumped in front of me but then let me walk by....a girl from his class came into ours with a note for our teacher....who had just gone out....she was asked about Peter and if he had a girlfriend, she said he hadn't but he did fancy someone in this class "WHO?" was the shout, she looked around and then pointed to me "Her"   "HER" was the shout....I didn't believe it either....but as I said on a number of occasions he had jumped in front of me then stepped aside with the guys in that class giving a groan....I later learnt why.  the other two one was 17, and he was supposed to have asked my mate to ask me to met him outside this shop, later on I found out it was true BUT sorry my Gran would have killed me.....the other guy gave me a packet of gum once, he was a friend of a school mate.....we were walking home from school and he tagged on, nattering away until they turned down their road, that's when he said "Hang on"  for days she kept saying "Joe wants to know if you'll meet him"  I didn't believe her.....she was taking the mick so I thought. ....later I found out she wasn't.       Oh then we had Michael....OMG I 15 just starting work and he kept asking me out....he was 20, he followed me to Janice's school one day, I was meeting her on my half day off I ended up running into the schools clock room and he came after me.....a teacher turned up and told him to GO...he then allowed me to stay there after I'd told him my friends name.   Oh that Michael got me in so much trouble following me about.....a battering from my Gran once when it wasn't my fault.

Anyway we're off to watch Matthew.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Morning Bond nice looking couple
in your new Avatar ,bet they looked
the "bees knees" as would have been
said back in that time " funnytvprog
Your son is a bit of all right as well

Well put the clocks back but no one TOLD catmilkbowl
sunrise not until 640am and worse still SUNSET will be
at 440pm tonight
Rain tomorrow but get this temps will be 70f
but as I have said earlier the cold snap comes in the
middle of the week

Gil wanted to get up at 545am till I told him no
I have more washing in and have to go to the shopper
and if he gets up NOW that means a delay as I have to get him
up washed dressed and fed before I can do anything headbanger

OK see Vicky in the wings Bond so I shall return look at the carpet Vicky
as I will change it later run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit of a funny sky funny looking sky and a little rain in the air
So a bit of a tidy up in the garden of the fireworks boxs
Breakfast cornflakes and cold milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later chocolate rice crispy and blueberry muffins
Back later
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:25 am

Hi all, the kids have just gone after eating us out of home but there is some rice crispy cakes left some white or milk chocolate ones but sorry all the sausage and onion batches went
So last drinks
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:04 am

THERE you ARE ,saw you were logged on
but no message ,stands with hands on hips
so WHAT were you DOING nono

I was only 14 when I first met Gil Vicky
and he was 17 .both of us of course had
our 15th and 18th birthday three months later
I know someone at school being catty said
"what does he SEE in you" ,I often
had the same thoughts but guess he saw SOMETHING
he wanted right confused2

I just turned the furnace back on as its going a bit cooler
in the house ,not so bad during the day as I have throw
covers when we are sitting watching TV etc ,but just took
my shower and washed my hair so its a bit nippy

OK Vicky I will put the one we have NOW on my Avatar
then the new one after you have seen it OK
I wanted to stay with basically the same colors as my suite
is green ,with green and beige & brown toss pillows

Watching "Long Lost Family's " right now ,makes me crying

Where did Bond go again Shocked

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 am

Oh rice crispy cakes.....it's been years since I did those.      For the past 2 days we've been hearing the fireworks Carole, Benjie doesn't like it.....David met a guy yesterday with his dog and he was saying the night before their dog had slipped his lead and ran home.    Irene from next door has been round to tell us that they're having fireworks around 6'00 so Benjie will get an early walk.   Like now.   it's 5:30

It certainly rained this morning Carole. it had dried up later though, by the time  Leics had been playing.

We took the rug back....showed them the marks & discolour,  they took it back no problem and the money was put onto David's card as fast as lightening.   ...the size is 5ft by 3 ft. it's only for the study Carole, it just looks nice and the wheels of the computer chair are stopped from digging into the carpet as well.  

Yes it was Benjie on Susan's lap.......then I changed it to the pair of us at Dobbies, they're not cup cakes though, I hate cup cakes far too sweet, these cakes are the individual sort you would bake yourself.  

Oh the 2 books I ordered (  christmas present to me) have arrived.....I've told her and she's popped round and gave me the money and Benjie went trotting out after her....she had to pretend she was coming back for Benjie to come running back in.  Shocked

So a new Carpet then Carole......what's it like?   colour?  

Christmas on the beach eh Margaret....gosh like Australia

I had the hots for a guy who used to have pink or black shirts with the collar up and his hair like Elvis.....though he was 18 and I was only 14, I wrote a love letter to him and he showed my friends Mum  (Janice's Mum) it though she said to me "He said if you were older he'd ask you out but you're only fourteen"  I said "ONLY"   he also told one of the girls who worked there, I was lovely but too young  Sad   on a Tuesday at the local cinema the owner used to allow us teenagers go in and dance to the music in the early evening.  most of the seats were removed and we had a great time.....Ralph and his mates would come in, never danced they'd just sit and eye the girls up.....my first crush,  my mate Janice, who's still my mate, and I used to go and dance, the owner used to give Janice & I free ice lollies.  His son went to a really posh boarding school....his son was called Pierre, think his Mum was French, met him a couple of times when he came home from school and came to see his Dad....he was 15 had a very posh accent but he wasn't a snob....a really nice guy, was really interested in what we wanted to do when we left school, at the time I wanted to either be a nurse OR design hats .....Janice wanted to be a teacher (she became a teacher for disabled children)  Pierre was going to be a doctor.  I've been trying to remember what his last name was.  Wonder what happened to either Ralph or Pierre?    But anyway Ralph was my first crush.   Though my Gran would have had a fit if she had known, though her and Mrs Yates (Janice's Mum) were really good friends......I can't remember how long it went on for, can't have been over a year.....anyway we had a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am

Hi ladies, yes big spuds in the fire lovely, I was only saying today if it rained the bonfires would get wet, I said not in my day as we would wrap old lino around it and to keep it dry then when the fire was going put the lino on, you don't have many house bonfires today as everyone has pretty gardens, our old house had growing area so a good time to burn the years rubbish
A lot or fireworks going off now here
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:50 am

Hello Marge ,we also met 60 yrs ago but our first
"date" was at the Regal in September ,I had gone with
my mate Pat Locke who was going out with a mate of Gil's
John Green who lived across the street where Gil was staying
with his sister Maggie on Peel Street
Pat asked me to go with her ,but after we got there {I rode my
bike she took the bus from Bell Green} I was tempted to leave
as she was "too busy making out with John" and left me feeling
like a bump on a log ,I realize now I was the excuse she needed
to tell her Mum so she could get out
Anyway Gil came out as he had just come home from work
BOY did he blow MY skirt up black jeans and tee shirt and had his hair
styled some thing like Elvis's back then prrrr
When it came time for Pat to leave he walked with us to the bus stop
and he asked if we were going to the pictures the next night {Friday}
when I said probably he asked to save a couple of seats , I was still
not sure that he was asking me out and trying to ride behind the bus
and tell Pat what had happened was HILARIOUS
Any way the next day sure enough he turned up in his white fleck sports
jacket with a white shirt and black slacks trouble is we were sat down front
so it took him ALL of the first picture to put his arm around my shoulders
but when he leaned in during the 2nd picture and landed a X on my lips
I WAS HOOKED ♥️♥️♥️ funnytvprog

Now where did Vicky go to

Back later

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 am

Its the huge baked potatoes I miss, put in the bonfire,
then afterwards smothered in butter and cheese with a big mug
of cocoa as an end to a cold night.
On Nov 6th it will be the 60th anniversary of my first real date with
Peter.
We had been going out in a group up until then but not as a couple.
Don't ask me what we did as I must have been going around with stars
in my eyes. It could have been the pictures. confused2

The owner of Hillside service center called yesterday to see how Big Red
was running and I let it slip that it was running on after I turned off the engine
so he has me coming in on Monday or Tuesday for an adjustment which can be done
while I wait. Its what I remember about these big engines, it takes a few little tweaks
to get it just right.
I got the car cover on OK. I had to unscrew the radio antenna but it has pockets for
the side mirrors and it fits pretty good after being packed very tightly in a small box
for such a long time. It will fit even better once the wrinkles have smoothed out.
So far no rain though. Its 60f outside with some sun and a few regular clouds.

One of the big warehouses that sells car parts for older cars has sent me a HUGE
free catalogue of all the Pontiac Firebird & Trans Am parts they have in stock.
Its called Classic Industries and they are down the coast from us in Huntington Beach.
I can even replace the drivers handbook which disappeared years ago!

What I need to know from Dave at Hillside is the details of the engine that's in BR
at the moment as its not the original engine, its still a 5 liter engine but more
powerful than the one that came in the car when it was new. affraid

I get to role away the awning this morning as I don't think it will be needed
anymore. I also will be disconnecting the portable A/C unit from the window
as I think its done for this year also.
Not that we don't get hot days in what we laughingly call winter here.
It has been known to hit 84f on Xmas day!
Try cooking a traditional Turkey dinner in that heat!
The boast is that you can ski in the mountains in the morning and be surfing
in the afternoon here. Some families even take their Xmas dinner to the beach!
It is certainly a different way of living that's for sure.
Must sign off as I want to get the awning away in case it does by any change rain later.
TTFN

Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:46 am

Well ordered a new carpet should be here in
a couple of weeks ,in time for the holidays so that
is OK ,been a while since I bought anything new like that

Gil wants Curried Chicken from Wee Wah for today
I shall have Sweet/Sour Shrimp ...seems to be working
watching what I am eating writing it down makes you THINK

I see Marge and Vicky logged in so back in a mo

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:10 am

So your celebrating our Guy Fawkes a day early
Bond  umm sausage and onion batches ,DROOLLLL
how Gil and I MISS them ,what they call "sausages"
here are nothing like back home crying

Just told Gil you said the weather was wet but he is watching Leicester
Vs Stoke and its dry ,Leicester up by one so far in the 2nd half
although judging by the fans it LOOKS cold

Ahh Vicky your right its ALL YOUR fault starting the buying craze
and the new carpet is going BACK Shocked  how big was it? 5X7
8X10  the one we have here that used to be in our patio is 5X8
I just said to Gil I think its time for a new one as well as we have
had it some years both at the other house and here

I went outside intending to mow up some leaves ,but ended up raking
them into a pile ready to be bagged {have to go buy some more leaf bags}
The grass is REALLY looking good out back I must say after the last rain we had
it really did it a load of good ...but have to clear those leaves before they
rot and ruin it all ....
Also cleared the deck stacked the furniture and brollies up and covered them
after clearing off all the fallen leaves

OK so Gil is up did not want anything to eat he said so just made some
cheese on toast as I had not eaten yet ,he ATE two slices Rolling Eyes

Be back later

Vicky all I see is Benjie up close ,before, when I asked it was
Susan sitting with the dog on her lap on a couch ,don't worry cakes
do not bother me ......a Coop jam doughnut fresh out the oven
MIGHT HAVE though

Morning Marge run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 am

Good afternoon all, well it's dried up now but going cold, the kids are all going to the snow dome tonight for Dans birthday then back here for some sausage and onion batches and blueberry muffins and rice crispy chocolate cakes, we are doing the food they will bring the fireworks
I think it's time for Tea and a muffin if you pardon the phrase
I'm off for A read and a rest
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:10 am

nono  Ah but remember we got the new sofas and carpet before her..... Smile  no I think everything wears out together......and of course Bond's been a buying.   It was our Susan that had us buying the TV because the programme guide on our old one in the lounge, bought in 2005, though it was a slim one also, anyway the guide sometimes didn't work and Susan just said "Mum you really need a new telly"  and David agreed .....I just thought "Look in the TV/radio times"  confused2  I'm not really bothered that the recorder in here isn't really HD but David thinks we should buy one that is.  confused2    as to the rug which was in here, AND IS GOING BACK IN HERE it had just got a bit worn...but as I say it's going back until we see another rug, David was looking at the new rug this morning and mentioned a couple of marks and discolour which I had noticed and was going to mention to him...."What do you think....enough to bother about?" he said ....I looked again at it (We hadn't put it down until this morning)   so it's going back.....well it was £275 not cheap.

Oh that's Benjie Carole......sorry changed the avatar....Susan & I last year at Dobbies....look at those cakes.....sorry Carole.

Oh btw yes the tables were the same in the Rugger Tavern
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Is that Nessie or Benjie ?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Morning you two ...dry here and not as cool as they
said it would be ,we have some rain coming late Sunday
into Monday though THEN a BIG drop when a cold BLAST
drops with the Jet Stream from Canada so the highs may only
be in the 50/40's

Vicky I think Marge's getting all these new items has set
you off ,,,,new VCR AND CARPET funnytvprog but its fun
buying isn't it ?

How's Laura doing these days still in the dog house ?

And I see Bonds off to Owen Street again...

Yes the food looked very nice at the "DUCK"
did the tables etc look like that when you went with

I think she must LOAD UP when not knowing when
she will be taken out again ,sounds like a pig at the trough funnytvprog

Well I have things to do so better get going
BTW DOWN AGAIN this morning bounce bounce bounce Smile

Back later

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Well not a nice morning  .....Laura here because it's footy training.

Oh the food at the Rugger Tavern was nice Bond......you helped yourself to the veg and potatoes and I remember  PILED her plate up.....of course she couldn't eat it all Mad  then she had a pudding sat back with her hands on her tum going "Oh I'm stuffed"  (As she did at Palmers)  Rolling Eyes  

Oh went to Lewis's to have a look at their recorders.....we've got a Blu Ray one in the lounge but the one in here isn't HD  so I've said I'll buy one for David's birthday (he's paying half)  anyway went in and looked around....didn't see what we wanted but we did see a nice rug, the one in here has seen better days (in a way....it could go on....BUT)  we came out with it.   Smile   confused2  

Well Rob will be here soon to pick Laura up.......it's a short training this morning.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a very wet morning here but it is the first rain we have had for a time and it's getting colder
So Saturday again so redo my tablet box for the week and Saturday breakfast something on toast tea coffee L&L
Round to Owen Street later so back later
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:52 am

Hi Carole, great photos of the fuzzy duck and yes hand cut chips, Vicky have a look it's a big change from om the Ruby tavern
Well I haven't any white ones Carole
Last drinks for the night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 am

talktohand  No Bond these white "tidy Whites" were
MENS not lacy ladies bits confused2

Fussy Duck ,or Fuzzy Duck
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g504201-d8449108-r537305798-The_Fuzzy_Duck-Nuneaton_Warwickshire_England.html

Saw the Piano Bond and the size of those chips

Yes Vicky my Dr used to say you can have LOTS of fun minus
the "basket "

My work mates at U.S.Baird would get SO annoyed when a couple
were getting "HOT FLASHES" , I never had the "pleasure " so I would say
"Whats THAT confused2 "

Whooo new books how nice ....
Well Gil and I have eaten and now I am off for my shower

Catch you all tomorrow

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 am

Good evening all, sorry not been away just watching a DVD" Prometheus " a science fiction film about the future and our makers
Sorry Carole not me now if it was tiny white underwear I know miss vicky has some white lace thongs but I'm not saying
Are now the white horse still has that in big letters on the front of the pub and the old white horse painted signs on the wall inside its the group of pubs thats the steaming billy
Their logo is a jack Russel, there's one at Hinckley and I think Tamworth
You wouldn't recognise the fussy duck from the old days of the rugger tavern it's now posh with a grand piano which and a gallery room to have your after meal drinks
Nice red suit or jacket a D skirt, I can see now it's a jacket and skirt, alot covered up
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 am

Yes Carole.....and I was 39 nearly the same age. As a doctor said "We just take away the pram but leave the play pen" funnytvprog

Oh told me to order or buy some books for my christmas present.....I didn't need to be told a second time....I've ordered two. cheers only £14 so not too bad.

Bond's gone quiet I see......
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:27 am

Hi pal that's a nice outfit
Oh I pay 95% by using my debit card
but I need cash $$$ as I have to put our portion
of the rent to Spencer's and Blaines $$ she gets
paid by money order ,bought by cash only

Did Bond own up yet Vicky ?
We have a lot in common Vicky as you can see by my post
Meatballs tonight back later

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:25 am

As I said in my posting I was the same Carole, best thing ever, they left my ovaries and I didn't have any problems.

Jack's school had a world war 11 play yesterday and Jack sang "We'll meet again" at the end.....Steve said he was really good, I didn't doubt it.....he really should go to stage school.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:16 am

Hi Marge glad your ok
In my case having my Hysterectomy was the
best thing I ever did , what led up to mine was
a long long time of monthly heavy flooding ,and
A being as I was then 40 years old,single /divorced
and not planning on more children even if I did remarry
I said let's do it ,mine was easy no incisions and left my
Ovaries ,never had any menopause symptoms

Hope you find someone to take care of BR and getting some
much needed something you need your side

Hope Melanie got a great report ,and Ian gets around I see
Oh la la The city of love
Ok be back again

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 am

Why don't you just pay by standing order or direct debit Carole?   Save you having to queue up  

Why do they change the pub names Bond.....I wish they wouldn't, most of the old pub names are called that for a reason.     I just realised the Fuzzy Duck used to be "The Rugger Tavern" the place  used to go for lunch.....she conned me into going once, before I got to know what she ate like "natter natter natter" and peas shooting everywhere.  affraid But what a shame to change the White Horse" name.

Just had sausage, bacon, carrots, runner beans & chips.for dinner......now I'm having a cuppa.  

Shocked   BOND have you been dropping Mrs B's washing in my & Carole's baskets?

I had a hysterectomy when I was 39 Margaret.....so of course I still had my ovaries, honest Margaret it was the best thing to happen to me..... I was having lots of problems, on for 2 weeks off for 1 week and then back on again, and I flooded lots of times, it was a nightmare ....as I said the best thing ever to happen to me, and I had no problems afterwards.

All the best to Melanie.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 am

I am OK, I have had two other repairs for the same thing over the years
and one repair to the rectal area as I got a little pouch like an old balloon.
The uterus has dropped not tilted. I refused to have a hysterectomy.
It is suggested to all women over a certain age as a solution to
"All your problems my dear!" as a male Dr. told me. So switched
to a female Dr. straight away.
She said I was right, way after menopause your ovaries are still
making hormones as well as your pituitary gland until it tapers off
naturally. It depends if they are healthy or not, mine were.

Well, got at least three places to call today who are AAA approved
which means a certain standard of repair has to be maintained or
they are taken off the list. Most places would give their eye teeth to
be on that list. I am just asking questions at this point.
One I like because I have been there before and they offer customers
a ride back and forth as its the closest one (about 5 miles away).

They are forecasting actual rain showers this week end so going to put
the cover on Big Red after I make sure it is dry enough.
A quick wipe down with an old towel should tell me that.
Black Beauty has a nice coat of wax from the last detail I had done so
no problem there.
got a small list of groceries to get today and some washingmachine

It was Melanie's visit to her new gastroenterologist in San Francisco
yesterday. It was an afternoon appointment so goodness knows what time
they finally got home. I should hear from her today some time.

Ian should have completed his two trips to Paris but won't have seen much.
He was working on a couple of segments for a Netflix series.
The clouds are coming in so better get that cover on Big Red. TTFN
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:47 am

I am back ,keep saying I will not try to
go to the bank around the 1st/3rd of the month
as that is when everyone gets their checks from the
State etc ,but its also the same time we get our    SS
deposited and I have to get cash out to pay things I
do not pay on the    or by check  but the LINES  headbanger
even the ATM people were lining up out the door .....

Lovely out there and very warm up to 66f all ready at 1130am
so I KNOW we will PASS what they said we would have as a high 67f

Wonder how Marge is feeling today

Bond did you EAT ALL THAT ALONE

BTW whose "tidy whites "  are THESE in my  washingbasket    B O N D

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 am

Good afternoon all, you can't beet the old ars grabber for the last record before it's time to go home
Been a busy morning, after getting back round to Owen Street painted a rainbow for above the emerald city, down to the fuzzy duck to pay the deposit for our Christmas day lunch back to Atherstone to have eats in the new/old pub what was the white horse now steaming Billy's, a chicken bacon and cheese on a thick slice toasted brown club sandwich with a pot of hand cut thick chips and a salad on the side now I need some zzzzZzzz
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:49 pm

No I haven't........ BOND.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:45 pm

was going to ask YOU the same question pal

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Morning.......  "Oh what a night....."   the smoochy ones....oooooh er   it's a good job you're not an MP Bond  littleBlond bounce Mad  

Carole have you put some of your washing into my basket?  

Dancing, dancing, dance the night away.......
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT ,
no hanging around in bed ,wondered why
I heard the sirens going your way with all that
going on until
the wee hours

Another warm day in the upper 60's one town in particular
at this time is normally in the 20's ,today they are at 51f

Have a SHED load of washingbasket washingmachine  to do
and Gil wants a shower  so going to have my hands FULL

I shall therefore see thou all later verily verily tis a hard life for some run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit grey but dry yet
I'm feeling tired after a all nighter, lots of jiving and a lot of slow one into the early hours so tired could do with a ex rather hour in bed
Breakfast and it's cornflakes hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later I'll bring yours up on a tray so move over a bit
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:37 am

It's WHAT !!! hanging in MY wardrobe ....
And where may I ask will we be wearing
that ,Bond will be knocking on doors for
Radio Times at this rate  confused2

Just thought I would pop in to say nite nite
Speak tomorrow

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:20 am

That dress is hanging up in Carole's wardrobe.  

Now let's dance the night away...... .....of course they'll be slow numbers as well
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:59 am

Good evening all, my word Vicky love the dress fits like a glove
I think I need a drink but I will get you one tea hotchoclate L&L
will Vicky now you have the clubbing dress and dancing shoes on let's go
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 am

Oh dear Margaret you must be getting a tad fedup, I'd look for a specialised garage for Big Red too, even though the guys have done their best as you say.

When we buy tinned soup we have to check ALL the ingredients you'd be surprised the number of times garlic puree is added, have to read the ingredients on tinned tomatoes also.

Had to laugh at your idea of what the  will be saying Bond. Smile

Benjie  lies down and puts his paws over his nose, we always know that's him saying "Tickle my tum"  Smile

Any tea Bond?

Night Carole.

New avatar......Bond
Back to top Go down

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next