HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Morning cornflakes please.......warm milk.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:48 am

Hi that's a lovely summer photo Vicky I can feel the warmth on me arm
it's been a age since we have been to whitemores
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 am

Awwww there there Bond's left arm......I'll cuddle it better.

Been to Whitemores.....I had Cottage pie and veg.....and then sour cherry cake  which was yummy.  David had sausage & mash and the same cake as me.

Saw some really nice old cars.....didn't buy anything though.  

Had to laugh though, you know how at the moment it's "You have to be careful what you say these days.....no sexist comments"    well an elderly guy came in wearing this leather biker jacket with sheep skin inside and the lady who served us (slightly younger then David & me maybe 67)  said to him "Love the jacket" and he said "My hands are freeziing though" and she said "Oh I'll have to cuddle up to you and get them warm"   I after laughing said in a low voice to David "You can't say that to a customer though"   funnytvprog (though a bit like me saying I'll cuddle Bonds arm )  he obviously goes in there often.....and we found out why his hands where cold when we were walking about ....this lovely old MGT Type with the top off was parked outside, then he came out and got in and drove off.  

It is getting cold out there......Brrrrr!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 am

Hi I'll come I'll come, I'll just carry the big bags with my right arm
I've just taken the plaster off and it looks like the nurse hit me with a axe
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 am

Yes we recorded the Royal Wedding......we've also recorded the last one of George Gently.....watched the programme of Elizabeth 1st.      We are catching up on what we've recorded. Smile

Not looking too bad out there......and Bond can't come out with me.  Sad     and watch out Carole in a bad mood......her tail is swishing I can see.    run run run run run run run  later run run run run
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am

Hi Carole, slow down or you'll catch yourself on the way back
It doszz seem odd the weather around the world has some very mixed up days
Just back from giving blood so not to carry heavy shopping bags, no point going out with Vicky then
Just having tomato soup and toast so back later
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 pm

Morning Bond ,still a lot of schools closed here
due to the fact they have still not restored everyone's
electricity service mostly in the "burbs" glad we no longer
live in Cheshire CT otherwise I WOULD BE ONE OF THEM
Hows this for  crazy weather ,tomorrow there will be the first frost
and then on FRIDAY we will be at or close to SEVENTY
Ok cannot stop to chatter today have a lot to do as soon as Blaine
has gone ,Gil had me awake at 430am today even though I could
have stayed in another 30 mins ,huffing and puffing pulling the bedclothes
off my side of the bed ,have no idea WHAT he was TRYING to do ,turn
over or WHAT so I just GOT UP headbanger
So THAT is me in a GREAT mood ......NOT Mad for the day

Back after the Dr's to let you know what he found or did

MORNING VICKY

MORNING MARGE    santa  BOND

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit cloudy this morning so it should be a little warmer out there first thing but it was lovely yesterday in the sun
Back to Owen Street this morning but I have a blood test later but this time booked on line in Atherstone
First breakfast cornflakes and hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 am

Hi hot chocolate it is then missy, lovely photo there missy
Watching the reruns of the Queen 70th wedding anniversary with the 9ft wedding cake just leave me here with a knife and fork
Joan Collins looking very good
Chocolates done
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:12 am

Oh yes she still smokes.....not as bad as she did but I think after leaving here she'd lit up as soon as she walked into her house.  

Wow 80 Carole the one in the lounge is 48.  

Is Bond hinting do you think him saying he's never been to Palmers.

Oh hot chocolate please Bond.

Oh avatar is me last year at The Heart Of The Country Shopping Village.....having a meal in "The Barn"
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:50 am

Good evening, it's been a lovely full day So it's a chill out night by the box watching any thing that comes on,
Good news then Marg things come in threes
Last drinks for the night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am

cheers  YEH Marge things are certainly moving
then ,as you said lets hope you also get a telephone
from Dave about BR

Bond all I can tell you is ,if your VERY VERY good MAYBE
Vicky will invite YOU to lunch at Palmers tongue

Dinner done shower  and I am ready to lay this old body down
ASAP as tomorrow is going to be a stressful one ,getting Gil up
early shaved and shower  and gotten ready for Danny to come
over around 1030am in order to get him down the stairs and into my 4x4
and over to Dr Small's for 11.15am
speak tomorrow

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:08 am

The stars must be all in a row as I just had a call from the awning company saying sorry it took
so long but they have been swamped with work, He is going to be in Torrance today so will come
and give me an estimate when he is done after 4:30pm!

Done washingbasket washingbasket but think there are some more in the bedroom so that's
where I am going next.

Lorna is back at work as a crossing guard at the school so she must happy now its cooled off
as they make her wear polyester shirts that do not breath and on top of that is a high Viz jacket
which is mostly plastic as well.
She has her up and down days but I know that her friend is helping her on week ends to bundle up
and box more stuff to the Sally. There is a lot of it! Her garage is filled more than mine!

I told you the stars were aligned, Lorna just called me....Spooky!!!
She got another call so is going to call me back.

Now if I just get good news about Big Red it will make my day!

Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:47 am

Hi all I've never been to palmers
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:41 am

She was THERE almost 2 hrs and then you invited
her to LUNCH at Palmers ,too bad we do not have
a "Swoon" funny funnytvprog funnytvprog
But as you say that is your good deed for 12 mths
Does she still smoke then {David with the windows down}
funnytvprog better take a spray out ....
Spencer's big one is curved the 80+" one as I told him its like
being in the movies watching his TV down stairs good job
he has the space down there ...
Just dished dinner up {or should I say Matilda the maid did}
your right Vicky how I wish Rolling Eyes ,and Gil is INSISTING there
is a UK soccer game on TV today ,so just to pacify him as he gets
so bluddy combative these days ,I went through the soccer channels
but all I found was the Under 17's UK team winning and now he is watching
England vs OZ Rugger ....MY its all about the thighs in that game isn't it

Vicky the book I just finished they had LOTS of time and DID bounce

OH so that is the leading players abode Bond well how was I TO KNOW confused2

OK be back later if I can depends on if I can get the Butler to do the washingup

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 am

Now Carole don't try to kid us we all know you have your own fairy Twinks doing all your housework/cooking  ......shopping when you want to laze about.  Rolling Eyes Mad .....if only.

I have to laugh at how much America's invented Margaret.....well they say they have.      And yes we've been to Hampton Court and seen the Real Tennis court.

Ohhhh to have a cheese sarnie  

I did put the TV on for  .....but we ate in the kitchen.  Smile  she loved them "Is that curved?"  she said after watching it for a few minutes.... yes I told her    "Oh I've never seen a curved one before"   anyway she loved both of them.....the one in the study isn't curved.

Anyway she had a  and an eccles cake......she was asking if we were going out later on and I said  most likely we'd go to Palmers, she was asking just where Palmers is  ...."Not far from Fosse Park"  anyway she was still here at 12:45 after arriving at 11:00.     but surprisingly we had a good laugh......in fact we enjoyed it so much.....  that....I said to David  "What would you say if I invited fag ash to Palmers with us?"  he just looked at me "REALLY?"  ..."Well apart from the town she never gets out anywhere" ......anyway I telephone her "Have you had your lunch?"  "No not yet"  "Well don't you're coming to Palmers with David and me"   she was shocked "Honest?"  yes I said just put a jacket on and pick your bag up......so we took her for lunch to Palmers and we had a nice lunch and then looked around and she bought some christmas cards......then we went into Fosse Park and looked around M&S and she bought some more christmas cards. and then we came home.     That's my good deed for the year.....Smile    Well Carole's not coming until next year.  

Oh when we were walking to the car this cute Wagtail flew down and started following David   "Think you've got a friend" I said to David....he turned round and it stopped and just looked up at him, well  & I started talking to it and these people walking by said "Isn't it tame?"  and it was but after a while it flew off.   Awww so sweet.

THOUGH David did say after we'd dropped her at home....."I'll have to drive about with the windows open"     Oh dear......oh well as I said the good deed for the year.

Avatar is Benjie at Susan's when we went down there.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:24 am

Good afternoon ladies, our new fury faced friend is very trimmed at the moment but he will come to you for a chicken liver tip bit, their front door makes a really loud whooshing sound when you open it as it breaks the rubber seal this sends him running to the other side of the house, he was hiding behind one of the lounge chairs when this happened but when he heard Emilys voice he popped he's head out and put it on one side, aaarrr that's the voice that gives me food

Arr Owen Street Carole that's the am drams Hal/ theatre that's where I'm painting the set and props
I'll put a photo on of the bare wall as I stated this morning,
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:56 am

Hey Marge good seeing you up and bushy tailed
always thought cheese gives you NIGHTMARES
if eaten late at night funnytvprog but if it worked
that is all that matters

Went to the store was still raining ,and you could feel the
cooler air working in ,but the sunny out now ,but still windy

Lets hope you hear something positive about BR then Marge
BTW hows Lorna these days ?

Now I see Bond is off somewhere ,Owen Street Center confused2
and I DO HOPE did not ask Vicky for a sample of how the
TV works along with a and slice of cake while she watches

Be back run run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:38 am

I am up earlier this morning but have a days worth of stuff to do if I can manage it.
I have done one of the property tax forms (could not concentrate anymore)
so going to finish this morning and pop it in the mail with the other two envelopes.
That way it will be in the system by 1pm.

It actually looks like it is going to rain here, its very overcast and gloomy at the moment.

I slept better last night, I had a cheese sandwich about 10pm just to have something in my
stomach which is what I used to do when I lived at home. A big mug of cocoa and a
cheese doorstep, No cocoa or doorstep this time just a regular plain cheese sandwich.

expecting a call from Dave today to tell me what his plan of action is for Big Red.
If it means a better quality carburetor, I am willing to foot the bill.
This is a great state for old cars as we get no problems with body rust from road salt
or rain in Southern California so prime material for restoration.
BR only needs the weather stripping done and new guides for the front and back seat belts
and I think we are done.

Finally spoke to my friend from my meeting yesterday afternoon.
It seems she has been hit with multiple infections She had her veins done in her legs and the
second one proved a bigger job that they thought so she was in pain from that and a mild
infection along with it, she suffered a UTI which Diabetics are prone to and something she
could not find the right word for. She says she is getting better but is sleeping a lot because
of the medication they have her on. I just wanted her to know that we missed her and send
her love and prayers. Now I can give a report to the other ladies.

The Baseball play offs are exciting this year. The game last night produced the most runs in any game.
The game of Baseball began in Elizabeth the first time as the game of Rounders for the ladies.
also Real Tennis was around at Henry the 8th time (have you seem the indoor court at Hampton Court?)
Its the same with Netball which the Americans call Basketball, only don't tell them that as they are so full
of themselves about inventing EVERYTHING. Even Edison worked from someone else's inventions to
get to a light bulb that would work. Its the way of the world.

Must have some breakfast and get moving here. Cats are out cold but I am sure that when I move they
will get up and follow me as they keep thinking I am going to feed them again and its only been 90 minutes!
Little hairy faces think they can trick me. nono TTFN

Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 am

Some of the outages

http://www.ctpost.com/weather/article/Rain-pounds-region-12315407.php?cmpid=nzltr-ctp-bn

Gil had me get him up at 7am headbanger can't get 5mins to myself
He says you do not have to do any thing ...NO REALLY talktohand
Walk him out give him his pills
Wash him up and get him dressed
Make his breakfast NAH I have to do nothing once he is UP

Back later have to get ready and run/BLOW to the shopper
forgot about 4 items yesterday ahhhhhhh

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Oh Bond .....Carole was talking about her book. THOUGH saying that Carole one of the books I've not long finished they *almost* did.....but arrived at their destination and couldn't ask the driver to go round again. funnytvprog so didn't.

Keep your head down Carole.......hope you don't lose power.

Anyway must go will be arriving soon.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 pm

WELL what a NIGHT .....Buddy stayed on the bed ALL day
and up until the WINDS and heavy  stopped
around 1am ,some towns again got over 5ins  we are lucky
as we still have power and a lot of schools are closed where
it was the worst probably because of no power or downed trees etc
Spencer got home last night at 8pm had made a brownie dish
and brought home some spiral ham that they had yesterday and
Carmen always sends whats left over here ,but he left again at 830pm
as he had left something at her house ,he said when he left originally
the streets he has to go down to get home etc were all passable  by the time
he went back only 30mins later State ST and Iranstan Ave that he had to go
down were ALL FLOODED so he was cutting through a gas station parking lot
to get through
Normally he never hears anything down stairs as the bottom 1/2 of the house
is built into the side of this hill we are up on ,but he said he heard the wind  
AND the rain and when the wind took one of my big heavy wheelie bins up
onto next doors garden and hit against the fir tree before it came to a stop

A bit more coming through this morning winds gusted to 65mph ,its 63f right
now at 530am but that will be our HIGH for the day as the temps drop

He has to watch out for fallen trees this morning as where he works its
all winding country like roads and no street lights ,we have gusts right now
here in Bridgeport of 28mph still
Tomorrow for the trick or treater's and our Dr's visit will be dry and sunny
THANK GOD

Ok now Bond whats this about you and Mrs B on the top deck
of a double decker funnytvprog
I was talking more of a HORSE and carriage back in the day going through
Hyde Park with the shades down but making those SPRINGS move

OK better get on have to sort what I would be taking in my FOUR  LARGE suit cases to Vicky's should I ever do that
What a happy chappy Benjie looks in that photo would LOVE to just HUG him xxx

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a lovely peachy/pink  glow in the sky
My body clock awoke me at 5:30 not 6:30 Rolling Eyes
Working around the Owen Street centre on my own today so if anyone wants to come and give  me a hand please do
A moving vehicle? I remember  saying to mrsb let's go upstairs away from you mum and dad and when we finished the other people on the top deck of the double decker claped and cheered Smile
Breakfast and it's cornflakes and hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice L&LS
Back later
Lovely photo of Benjie it would make a great calendar front photo
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 am

Oh ok 4 large suitcases......I'll clear your wardroble  when I get your phonecall telephone  "I'm on the next plane"  

Moving carriage?   NO tell us more Carole......Bond look away until we you can look
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:35 am

BTW SMALL SUITCASE Vicky where would
I put my GLAD RAGS funnytvprog NITE NITE

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:34 am

See now its your old fashioned picture Bond
as I said if you use a kindle or tablet don't know
WHY but it changes your avatar

Well sounds like you have your hands full Marge
so won't bug you about the glider ....Hope you find SOMEONE
to help with Big Red ....

Sorry Marge just watched the LA Chargers lose to MY team
The New England Pats funnytvprog duck

OH silly thing you Vicky mentioning the TV's to
surprised she was not camping outside to see the delivery

Well we just had dinner ,Gil was so DISAPPOINTED ,thought he was having the R/B
today talktohand Nay lad THAT is for tomorrow I made beef Bracks {sausages}
with a jacket potato and some broccoli florets ,did not seem to stop
Gil from clearing his plate disappointed or not
AS I said he will not die of STARVATION

Winds picking up here so God willing and power wise I will speak
with thee all on the morrow ....finished my book Vicky ,did you ever do
it in a moving carriage

I just HOPE Buddy is not going to be awake ALL night as ALL day he
has been on our bed .not like him at all unless he senses the bad
weather Shocked

DRINKS Bond please cannot have any pastries or biscuits ,although
I have to admit I FEEL full bounce bounce

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:30 am

We've got a couple of albums of Diana Ross one is her & Marvin Gaye. Super.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 am

Hello well One of the others that had me walk on air was Diana Ross
Watching blue planet 2 fantastic
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 am

Bond doesn't because I didn't have any apple pie.  funnytvprog   I haven't had any of Palmers apple pies  (they cut a thick slice Bond.....you really should try to go)  anyway I've not had an apple slice for ages I've been having a slice of their egg custard .....another yum yum

Well Carole you'll only bring a little case when you visit so I'll move a couple of things out for you to hang your tops and jeans/trousers up   Smile

Oh I told  we're thinking of buying another TV and from then on every time we spoke it was "Have you got it yet?"  

Oh I love the period drama's Margaret....1900's 1920's  as you say the costumes.....and I too don't like the new Poldark, in fact I've stopped watching.

Oh did you know Baseball was started in England.....Jane Austen's novel Northanger Abbey, originally written 1798-1799 mentions Baseball in the first chapter..... it was English men who took it to America.    It being invented by a   Abner Doubleday  is a myth.

Oh if Tina had you walking on a cloud ....wow if you saw Kylie they'd have to carry you out.  funnytvprog
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 am

We had no idea that growing up in those days held such peril.

Sorry to be late on parade again but it got so cool at 3am that
it woke me up but after I put the little down comforter over me I
went straight back to sleep and only just woke up!

Well things went pear shaped yesterday with Big Red.
They reinstalled the carb without the choke which was not
working anyway. They took it for a test run and the carb
actually broke which meant they had to have it towed back
to the service center. Dave says to give them a few more days
until they can find another carb.
Dave was determined not to have that happen when I am driving.
I got caught up looking online for parts but there are so many different
models of the same engine. All I know is its a what is called a Chevy
"Bow Tie" engine (the bowtie being the nickname for the Chevy emblem
shape). I never even opened the box with the slider in it!
Will try again today.
I think I need to find a specialist in older cars so was also looking online
for that also. Going to try Pontiac enthusiast clubs next.
Missed the awning dealer yesterday as they closed at noon so now I wait until
Monday!
Its the property taxes for me today, its a bit complicated, I get one for the
land and one for the house but I can combine them when I pay so have to read it
very carefully like I did last year as it has to be in in a weeks time!
Its all about getting the code numbers right for the assessor its going to. They
each have their own numbers or it gets delayed until they sort it out.
This is only the second time I have had to do this so I have to be very careful.
I think I will get better at it as time goes on.

Cats know in an instant who is the person who is allergic to them in a room
and head straight for them, its happened in my house at meetings I have held here.
I don't know how they do it. confused2

I also watched Midsummer Murders last night, they are showing some of the two part
episodes as one. I am also into Miss Fields Murder Mysteries from Australia set in the
twenties. I adore the costumes and the whole feeling of the period.
She with her gold plated gun hidden either in her bag or in her garter!
We have the new version of Poldark which I thought was better done the first time.
Its become a soap opera.

On one of our publically funded stations we get The Coroner, 800 words and In the Club
which is becoming silly. I have my DVR recording all of them so if something else is on
like the Baseball championship play off game last night, I can watch them later.
It was nail biting time at the game but the Dodgers came through in the late innings to
win the away game. Its tied now 2 games each, there are seven games in the series
so there can only be one winner.
Think I will go make a mushed egg sandwich, got the feeling for something warm this morning.
TTFN
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:35 am

Well bond would have looked for the little girl
but all I see from my tablet is your red kettle Sad
I notice though that when not posting on my pc
I see an old avatar of you guys
Glad you had nice weather ,ours is getting worse
I have the local weather ap on my cell phone and it just
went off saying " heavy precipitation is heading for your area"
My R/B came out delicious nice and tender and tasty after it
had sat in seasoning all night in the fridge
Gave Gil a slice and he said I would give anything for a sarnie
of that now but that's for dinner ,so he had to make do with a ham one
Gil watching the last game of the day from the UK
Leicester vs Everton who are loosing ,and poor Rooney who also
just got took off

Anyway I will be back again
BTW how do you know what Vicky ate Bond 😉
Where's our Marge still assembling ??
Hello Vicky .....is there still ROOM in my closet Sad
How did Fag Ash KNOW then @
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 am

Lovely avatar Carole.

talktohand  catmilkbowl  are like that with David....David doesn't like cats but they love him.....when we went to Rob's when he was living with THE WITCH and the kids  the persian cats always made a bee line to David.  funnytvprog

Went to Woodlands and had turkey & cranberry sarnies & salad....David had a cream scone also.    Can't say I enjoyed the sarnie......having a jacket potato, bacon & sausage & baked beans for dinner....David might have an egg also.

is coming around here tomorrow .....she wants to see our TV's   confused2

Think I'll have a cuppa.

Oh yes I can see the little girl in white Bond.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:25 am

Good afternoon ladies and it's been a lovely day here, we went over Bedworth to see the kids and the cat, how do they know? He came straight over to me rubbing his head on my legs, they all said he must like you he never dose that, no he knows I'm allergic as he walks away tail in the air and smiling and five minutes after I'm crying a a a cheewww
He is A lovely cat very nic and markings like a tabby tiger
So had time to put away the garden furniture and clean the car plus finish off the sign
No its not Mrs b Carole, the lad on the left was a very good friend of ours and he died many years ago in The building site accident well a couple of weeks ago his mum died and his sister asked is we had any photos of the yard where they were all brought up, I don't know if you can see the little girl in white looking out the door, we think that's mrsbs sister that died not long after
time for afternoon tea, I bet miss Vicky has Little apple slice and large L&L
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:59 am

Avatar another one of Saba when he was
a young pup standing on the OLD suite Gil
bought when he first got a job in 1997 ,it was
like a velveteen shiny material ,but he replaced
it with this one that has lasted all these years I have to say

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:53 am

Woodlands Whitemores or the BIG PALMERS
and NO Sir G in sight to read all these directions funnytvprog

I always have a pillow under my head when in bed Vicky high while
watching TV then take one away to lie down to Sleep , but I think
I did this last lot sitting on the sofa with my tablet ,I cannot and have
never been able to get comfortable on this suite ever since we bought
it don't know why confused2 it is not like its "hard" or too soft ,but as the
baby bear said its just right ,but it could also be that in order to sit right back against
the back pillows my feet come off the floor as the cushions are deep know what
I mean confused2 ....and yet Gil laid on it for 3 mths when he almost lost his arm
as he could not bear having anyone near him in bed but Saba laid with him headbanger
and he used to sit/lay on the love seat up until we bought him the power chair confused2
I NEED to lay FLAT in order to be comfortable with my back .....

Oh BOTH sons have carried the grocery bags up Vicky IF they are home that
is ....also I leave the case of water in my 4x4 and one or the other {its
normally Blaine as Spencer is not here on a weekend now } carries that up
for me ..

Well it tipped it down as I came out the shopper and its looking like
we would normally if getting a SNOW storm ..DARK GREY AND DISMAL
They are saying some places could get up to 5" of from this
{do you know IF that was snow it would be 50" }

Yes Gil manages as long as I cut the meat up small Vicky as his brother in Law
Billy used to say he GUMS the meat to death Billy was a card
he had false teeth but hated to put them in and ate thick steaks etc with out his in

My book they are over seas as she is being chased by the man who killed
her benefactor after her father died and who wants HER plus ALL her ££
and estate
The nobleman who married her came into a fortune and they have gone
to his cotton plantation while his friend stayed in England to try and get evidence
that this man killed her benefactor ,but the bad man has found them and
he is taking them back to England on a pirate ship that he paid to find her and
her new husband
It is a pretty good read with a little you know what thrown in

OK have a r/beef in the oven so back later
MORNING MARGE

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:33 am

Thanks Bond for the breakfast &  explaining "Burgage Yard"  not coming from the Midlands I haven't a clue when it comes to the  old street etc names, I do find them interesting.  .......same with us Bond British gas insurance......we also have a water meter so only pay for the water we use, being just the two of us now,   All our kitchen appliances we've got on insurance.....which has been a god send with our washing machine ....nothing else breaks down....touch wood. "Oh it's a long way to the window sill" Shocked  and the house insurance also.  BUT it puts your mind at ease.

Carole when you're lying in bed watching the TV are you raising your head slightly off the pillow?  or  lying in a funny way to watch the TV?    

Blaine should bring the bags up for you Carole anyway.  

That heroine  needs something Carole....thick  Mad  it's getting I want to dump it but I'm paddling on (it's on a boat get it?.....don't say "NO" Bond or else).....don't know why I've got all those other books/kindle to read

Gil seems to be coping without the teeth anyway Carole, as you say it's a bit too late now, but as long as he's coping.     Certainly eats.

Right we're off out when Benjie brings David back.....THINK we're going to Woodlands....it could be Whitemores  confused2  or then Palmers the big one.   run run run
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Morning you late night people tired tired
I asked Gil to come into bed at 830pm last night
and switched the TV over so he could watch his
Midsummer Murders as I seem to have done it AGAIN
like I did last week when I could not move my neck
{I thought from laying funny in bed} ,this time though
its just above my shoulder blade and its KILLING ME
feels almost like a pulled muscle,so took an ice pack to
bed and took a pain pill ,its a "little" bit better this morning at 530am
but I will have to be careful when going shopper this morning
and will have to have Blaine bring the bags up the stairs for me

Anyway enough about my aches and pains ...

Have the chief meteorologist on duty on the TV forecasting
this up coming storm that should start around 8pm through 2am
he is saying the strongest wind gusts will be where we are along
the shoreline 50-65mph so quite possible we will see trees uprooted
and land on the power lines Rolling Eyes

It was also 5 yrs ago today that Hurricane Sandy made that left hand turn
an slammed into the East coast causing SO Much damage

Ok next Bond whose the Avatar of Mrs B ?

Vicky your heroine sounds like she needs AA

My book is good I read a few pages at a time as reading makes
me fall to sleep these days ,not like years ago when I read SO many
books ,I had a lending "library" at work where my female workmates
cold borrow a book as I had SO MANY ,think my boss would have had a
♥️ attack but it was all done on our own time and certain upper officers
of the company thought it a great idea

Glad you had a good time Bond

Vicky you were up LATE nono
Even though we have insurance we have to pay a co pay on our meds
Vicky and being as we do not earn enough $$ we get what they call "extra" help
so its a lesser amount for each prescription ,but that is slowly rising was
$2.35 each now its up to $3.85 for some and $8.45 on others we also have to pay
for our own glasses although United Health Insurance does allow once every two years
a free eye exam ...
Unless you have it on your insurance you also have to pay for all dental work
I am paying $36 a month for dental coverage on my own so I can get a cleaning
etc
And just finished off paying $1000 to Care Credit for when Gil had his bottom teeth
removed and that useless bottom set of false teeth made that he cannot wear after
I found out they were only TEMPORARY ones and he would have had to have
a PERMANENT set made on TOP of all that ,that is what I got from not going in with
him when they were taking his teeth out as it seems the dentist told Gil ,who said
he wanted teeth in right away ,that they would only be temps then he would
have gone back after his gums had healed and gotten the permanent bottom
ones {his top ones are from a couple of years ago so OK} Gil could have waited
till his gums had healed WITH out having these put in straight away Mad
Ah well too late now

OK so I should away Buddy has been up since 230am headbanger

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit grey over here but light 10to07 on the new time
Yes we have a British gas insurance that covers electricity and water as well as the gas, it cost a shed load of £ but it has got us out of the brown sticky stuff at times
Burgage yard was where mrsb spent her early years but the house had bomb damage and the family were move out to a new council house on the brand new camp hill
The Burgage was at the back of the Scaler cinema, Freer scrap yard was there upto some years ago
Breakfast and here's the cornflakes and hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice Back later
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:03 am

Hi OK I'll do it for you in the morning
Up late as I wanted to see Tina Turner on the TV she dosnt look a little old lady but she dosnt look right but she still is the bisso, she is one that I saw and came out walking on a cloud, now who is the other?
See you for breakfast
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:12 am

No it's fine Bond I was just fancying some cornflakes.....I can wait until the morning.

Glad you had a good evening.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:07 am

Hi all, lovely night great music
do you still want cornflakes?
I'll catch up the rest in the morning
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 am

Yes that's one thing we get over here free NHS THOUGH saying that certain cancer treatments in some areas you either pay for or you die,  and if you lose your hair due to the treatment, as my friend Lynne did, you pay for the wigs.   And of course even pensioners have to pay for all their dental treatment cleaning etc and eye tests and specs if they have to have them.....though pensioners do have free prescription, it's a good job, all the tablets I take, because it's £8.60.per item  

Working in a shop before I got married there was no such thing as a private pension and then after that it was just part time on a Saturday at C&A when the boys were little, then when I had Susan I didn't work again until she was 14. though David never liked me working and I only worked for 2 years. after then    Of course when the boys were at home & working they paid board, so did Susan.

My book is coming along though the girl you want to shake....a man breaks into her flat but she's so drunk from her night out she hears nothing......can't believe she was so drunk that she didn't hear her front door being kicked in,  she is then so scared that she gets drunk to sleep,  is assigned to this fantastic job on a luxury boat (it's too small to be called a ship)  has to write an article for the magazine she works for  but she's had a couple of drinks to pluck up courage to go and meet those on board, and she's now drinking champagne because it would be rude not to.....oh dear she's going to embarrass herself.

Oh dear Carole that Landlady of yours is unbelievable   Mad   fancy having all that money to pick up and doesn't but then bleats "I've no money"  she has it's there in her hand.  

Wow look at the time......I bet Bond's getting his jimjams on.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:04 am

Hey Marge yes your right about the cost of insurance here
Gil having been used to NHS all his years at home when he came back was
shocked when he came back in 1996 ,
With me being laid off just 6mths before my 60th birthday I could not even apply
for early SS here so had to basically pussy foot around until I was 62 in order to
apply for early retirement as to get a *full* pension from the government I had to
work until I was 65 & 10 mths my kids have to work even older as they keep upping
the age ,then like you Marge I had to take a cut because of taking it early ,actually what
I am getting a month NOW is about what I would have been getting had I worked till
I was 65 &10 mths
Your Peter was smart investing something , I could not do that being a single mom
all I earned I needed each week Sad

So how's the glider going
We just got the electric bill in $240
The most when we had the A/C 's going all 4 of them
plus over head fans it's was around $300
Soon be changing over to lower electric bills and adding
the oil bill Sad
Ah well

Well landlady came I gave her a list of what I want done
as normal I had to hear about this one and that one being so ill
Seems she is working part time back for the City where she once was
the relocation officer
She is still full of IT
OK back later I am knackered mowed the grass before I went to the store and bank
earlier time to take five
Enjoy your evening out Bond

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:28 am

Oh Bond I would have loved to have seen Mrs B's face.

Burgage Yard Bond?   confused2

No they just didn't get round to getting Lily Christened for some reason   confused2  anyway they are now......though shame her Dad won't be here to see it, though he'll be looking down saying "And about time"  

Well took the Jacket back and got my £40.....had a jacket potato & salad.  THEN had a look around M&S then onto Next and just as we were walking out I saw this redy/orange dress    sorry Carole....it's in your wardrobe.  

Been nattering on the  telephone  to Susan....Matt went in for this Gym contest  (he does from time to time)  anyway it was a Halloween do as well so he went as a school boy zombie Susan made his face up and he won.    cheers   him & his team (not sure how many's in the team) came second in the contest as well.  

Becky's only got 3 weeks before the baby is born....her legs & feet are swollen...she says she'll be pleased when it's all over.    We've all been there.....well not you Bond.   Smile

I fancy some cornflakes Bond.

Oh dear Margaret hope Tabitha is ok.

Yes poor Peter went through a lot.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:21 am

What a change in 24 hours here!
Woke up cold (well, it feels cold after all the heat we have had).
Its in the 60s and the sea mist is cutting down the view to about
half a mile.

I have not had a call back from the awning dealer so will try again
this morning. They are primarily a drapes and indoor blinds place
according to their web site so awnings must be a side line business.
Its the place SunSetter gave me as the closest dealer.

I was lucky that I got my UK pension at 60. Peter got his US pension at
62 which made it about the same time. However it does mean that we get
less than the full amount because of taking it so early but we had no choice .
Peter took the company offer when they were all let go in 1995 and they
gave everyone an extra $400 a month for medical expenses until 62.
(for him that was about 6 years)
By then we knew that Peter had MS and needed to get Social Security and
Medicare ASAP.
We do get the same raises as the UK folks which is not true of commonwealth
countries. Now of course I get about just over half of Peters SS from both countries.
The gap is lessened by his company pension and the payout from his IRA fund
twice a year. Its the investments he made and the company savings plan that
really made the difference. The money to pay for part B Medicare is taken out of
the company pension before I see the deposit each month.

Medical care here is very expensive if you don't have Insurance of some kind .
I still have the statements from when Peter was hospitalized in 2011 for
three months, at the half way mark his insurance and Medicare had been billed
$500,000. this covered two procedures, three operations and countless blood
transfusions along with all the infusions of antibiotics etc . at one stage he
had four drips going at the same time! Then you had Xrays, Cat scans and MRIs
and ultrasounds. It probably came to about $1,000,000 all told.
It bought him another five years and it was used well.

Better close as I can hear Tabbitha throwing up somewhere! TTFN
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:57 am

OH my Bond do you need a life ring
Your lucky they come out on a Saturday @

Wow and Lily was never Christened Vicky
something we always rushed to do after a baby was born
they wanted to do Spencer the night he was born in case
he did not make it through the transfusions ,but I said no
as that to me was thinking negative that he would not and
said no we would do it after I took him home,so he was done
at ST Lawrences in Feb of 1965 after being born Oct 1964

Just managed to get hold of the Landlady as I now have SIX
months rent checks ,called one number I have for her ,her
"mail box was full" so tried another number and when she picked
up I asked her just WHEN was she coming  she started stuttering
saying she was coming by by 1pm ,so I said were you going to call me first
as we have told her MANY times to do ,she said oh yes I am WORKING
now and was going to stop by and see if every thing was OK at the house
to which I replied "well there's a FEW things that need doing still ",and she
said ,don't be TOO HARSH on her .....HARSH ,she is nothing but a SLUM landlord
who cried poverty all the time
Anyway I will be back as its almost 1pm

What you lose then Bond

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 am

Hi back Again, I had to sort some photos out for Mrs b of her old days in the burgage yard
So the city won so may be the fans bus was a good luck thing
Bit of a rest then off out to a group of local people with acoustic county music
Have a extra hour in bed
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 am

Good evening all, sorry Coventry city,
Well we have just had a hours excitement, I couldn't turn up the sinks cold water tap off properly so I tightened it off and on a couple of time and the next thing it was gushing out full and I had the taps handle in my hand, so turned the water off at the mains and phoned our British gas insurance cover they sent a man he has taken the old valve out put the new one in and we are back In business, in between time Mrs b had to go to the Coop for a pee
Back in a bit I've got to find something
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Cheeky Sod......I'm telling my mate Choccy Penguin on youooo. tongue   Smile

Hi Carole.....that's nice you able to see and talk to Wendy.

& I were only talking about pensions last night Carole, she was saying how she was struggling only having Phil's (her dead husband)  private pension & she just didn't know how penioners with only their pension to live on cope.    She was talking about the heating bills and asked how much ours was when I told her she said "Bl@@dy hell....I thought mine was steep"  but then I told her we have 4 bedrooms and the down stairs is large where she's only got the 2 bedrooms so hers is bound to be lower.  But still she's right a pensioner on their own has it tough.  And    & Bev have to wait until they're 65 before they get their pensions now not 60 as it used to be.    

Well decided to take that jacket back....tried it this morning with one of the tops I'd wear and it's the next size down to start with BUT I'm not sure whether I like the jacket now, it's £40 so I'm taking it back.   Put my money back in my purse.    

Lily has never been Christened, Jack was when a baby but they seem not to bother with Lily ANYWAY Claire's Dad kept going on about her being Christened, he died a couple of weeks ago and so they've decided to do what he wanted and get her Christened, she's 10.   So we're also looking around for a Christening present .....a silver locket/ cross on a chain....bracelet or something like that.   So speak later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi Carole, no no mrsb saw one on FB for sale at £20 and we'll you could make one as good as that for nothing so I got the job
Large L&L?
Back the the sign board
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:16 pm

WAIT A LITTLE PICKING MINUTE
Mrs B is selling your sign on FB for £20
Bond

Cute little bug .....

I video chatted with my sister last night using my
tablet through FB messenger ,nice to be able to see
and HEAR her for a change
Have to get a camera for my in order to do it here
on my PC though should not cost a lot

Wanted a sleep in today but Buddy had other ideas ,started
running around like a CAT POSSESSED before 5am ,but after
I got up and fed him he went away and I got 90 extra mins

I do not want to hear about whats coming tomorrow any more
they keep painting it worse every time ,so have the washingbasket
going now ,JUST in case we do lose power
Today will be OK though so going to the shopper later

Got my UK SS in my bank today as well $1.31 for a £ so not as good as it
USED to be but better than nothing right ?
Vicky getting concerned about your old "boss" not a sneak peak in AGES funnytvprog

OK so whats everyone doing .....we know Marge will be putting her "glider"
together {we hope } funnytvprog

So back later as Gil will be wanting UP in a minute

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next