HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

The size of an old 2/6d Bond ,Lord
that is not even a BITE size funnytvprog

That is lovely I had a silver bracelet when I was a baby
think I have it on in my baby picture when I am lying
on my back ,have to go look ,not sure what ever happened
to it
Boy this year is moving too fast .....

Gil will be watching "Out Lander" in a few as its a new series
do you see that over there?

Oh I saw you logged in a few minutes before Sir G guess you
missed him then funnytvprog
Anywho I have just taken my shower so shall wish you all a
fond adew

AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 am

Men have not a clue  "La la la still Bond".....as you say no daddies in those days, the Day Sister told David he'd have some good news before he went to bed. (that was with Steve)   if you were starting labour you'd be moved to the bottom of the ward....I remember making train noises when a contraction started  funnytvprog  this young nurse said "Who's playing puf puffs" I said me....she had a listen to my tum with one of those funnel things  "We'll move you"  so into a room of my own I went....a couple of the Mum's to be came to see me every so often until it got late and the pains got worse and the Day Sister went off duty....and this midwife who used to pop in to visit us all and ask us if we wanted to ask anything came in and told me to shout blue murder.     I was like you Carole I didn't cry out I went with the contraction ....breathe breathe ...playing at puff puffs funnytvprog    Steve was born just before midnight, 11-50....the 9th April....David  didn't phone until after lunch  of course when he was told the time he though it was lunch time on the 10th....we've even got it put in the paper the 10th, when he told me what he'd put I said "Yes apart from the date is the 9th"  NO he said today is the 10th "Yes but Stephen was born last night the 9th"   THEN I understood the looks the nurses were giving me....I'd asked if my baby was ok and the nurse told me he was perfect, infact they'd be bringing him through to me to feed in a little while,(the Prem ward didn't have babies by the side of your bed) but I couldn't understand the looks they were giving me.  Sigh!!!    

I used the midwifes shoulder when I had Rob....and she broke my waters just as he was coming.....sort of nipped it and my waters gushed ....though she then said "Stop pushing" and fiddled about then said "Ok push"   then she held him up and said "You've got a boy"  I said "Oh he's a funny colour" (he was black....hem! same as my midwife)  before they rushed him away.......he'd been born with the cord round his neck.  

OK Bond.....you can take your fingers out now.

Oh never use our dishwasher for the pans....we do for the pots though.

Finished my book last night in bed.....well I'd only got 2 pages to read.     I'm now going to start one about Princess Louise another child of Queen Victoria's.    

So finally they've got Robert Mugabe to stand down.....and about time too, an evil murdering thug.       Something should have been done to him a long long time ago.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:51 am

funnytvprog Oh Vicky sounds like me in Keresley
after the Dr had said I was 1/2 way open they had
put me back to bed ,visiting hours was 7pm it was
around 655pm when the first REAL pains started ,but
unlike SOME of the other LOUD mothers who wailed
when in pain ,I just hugged my pillow and went ummmm
to myself ,the girl in the next bed asked if I was in labor
and when I said I think so SHE started for the nurse

Sister came along and told this little nurse I did not like
to undo the wheels on my bed and pull
me into the labor room where I had to get up on the table
she examined me saying " talktohand oh you will be ages yet"
and walked out ..
Gil came at 7.05pm and was allowed in with me and he had only been there
about 15mins when I told him I could FEEL the baby coming and he
had better go find someone ,5 mins later he returned with the Sister
she shooed him out {no daddies allowed in them days right}
the nurse I did not like came back in and they tried to turn me on my SIDE
I had delivered my other two on my back {no stirrups Vicky midwifes shoulders}
I froze said I CAN'T, she smacked my arm away as I was trying to hold the bed rails
I was SO happy when my WATER SPLASHED HER ,made her JUMP
Spencer was born in one hour and 5 mins from the start of my pains

BOND you can uncover your ears now
♪ LA LA LA LA ♪

On a roll this morning ...raked a bag of leaves up from under the front
windows ,ran to Big Y shopper , got home gave Gil his shower
dressed and fed him ,made a Lasagna that is cooking threw in a load
of washingbasket and I have put the dish washer on that I hardly
ever use to do the pots and pans
I am sitting here now and my beloved husband just said
"lets go out" headbanger

I think he is trying to KILL ME run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:33 am

confused2  why in the office?   How stupid of her.....couldn't she just ask you....you must have been worried as well.     No sense some people.

We have taken photos of the rug Bond  

Hope Margaret comes in to tell us how she went on.

A British camerman Mark Milsome who worked on Saving Private Ryan was killed in Ghana last Saturday, there's going to be an investigation.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 am

Good afternoon, my is it going to be fingers in your ears time and lalaa lala lar, with shaven bits,
when Mrs b was in and I was visiting the nurse came to us and said could I have a word in the office, where I am I came back mrsb was frantic, what did she want what did she Say what's wrong what's wrong!!!!???? I said she wanted to know how long do you leave anaglypta before emulsioning she was not happy
Well the man that had asked if he could help me with the set painting is 82 with all the young people about he's 82 he said his dad had a cycle shop in Stockingford and he was a keen cyclists in the day I asked if he knew Mr Boone, he did he knew him well small world
Tea time and it's raining here now
Do we get to see you or do you the rug??
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 am

Afternoon......well we're waiting for the rug to be delivered.....between 3-00 and 5-00

Greyish day today......but it's dry.

I was started with Steve because of my blood pressure ....I'd been taken into hospital when I was 7 months anyway......I'd been shaved weeks before they'd started me off..... the consultant said to the Sister "Why hasn't she been shaved?" so after he'd gone this nurse shaved me.....it was a teaching hospital and the second time the consultant came round he brought his young team with him....looking around he said to this young guy "Exam her and tell me what you find" I don't know whose face was redder his or mine......he put his hand on my tummy and the consultant said "Lower man lower....get right down there" then they talked about me as though I wasn't there....the consultant said "twenty years ago her or her baby wouldn't have made it" WHAT? I know I'd got high blood pressure and albumin in my water but I didn't think it was dangerous to me or my baby. 6 weeks to go I suddenly felt odd.....we were sitting up on our beds, six of us, nattering, and I just slid down onto the bed and one of the expectant Mum's asked if I wasn't feeling well...I said I wasn't.....they shouted a nurse and she came up and asked me how I was feeling and all I could say was "Odd" she asked what did I mean by odd "Just odd" Sister came and they took my blood pressure it was 110 over 100 I'll always remember that....they called the Consultant who had just got home and he came back, by then they'd given me a sleeping tablet so when he came to see me he said "We're going to get your baby out" and I said "Good" and the sister said "She's been given a sleeping pill and doesn't understand what you've said" I did, he patted me and said "Get a good sleep". that night when David came to visit I told him I was going to be started off the next day.....next morning I was whisked away, legs put into stirrups, bottom at the end of the bed with a bucket on the floor to catch my waters .....though I hate having my ankles held (again something from my step dad....though I now know why, took me years to remember) and so by the time my waters broke I was half way up the bed....Oops. confused2 a couple of hours later I started my contractions....after 12 hours Steve was born Though when I wanted to push I pressed the bell and the sister came in and said, without looking, ""You've not gone long enough the first baby is usually 16 hours" and went out affraid now a young midwife had said to me before she went off duty "It's your body you know what's going on and if you have to shout blue murder to get them to take notice DO IT" so I pressed the bell again and the Sister came in took the bell off me rolled the cord up and put it high on top of this cupboard, and walked out affraid I said "But I need to push" and she said "Then push and damage your baby" so I tried not to push, ended up on my hands & knees and I remembered what the midwife had said I started shouting "Nurse Quiggley" who I'd got to know and I knew she'd just come on duty ...she popped her head around the door and said " Oh Mrs Peachey I've been told to ignore you" then "Why are you on your hands and knees" I told her I wanted to push she said "Sister said you weren't ready" now I didn't swear but this night I said "Just bloody well look" she said "Ok lie down" and then she looked and said "You've got a dark haired baby here" she looked so shocked and I thought "Well David's got dark hair I've got dark hair what's the surprise?" the surprise was Steve's head had crowned....she dashed off and all hell broke out sister shouting get her to the labour room NOW though the sister ended up taking me. and his head was born in the lift and his body half way through the labour room door. Luckily he was fine.

At night we were given a sleeping tablet, though I had asked to be woken up if Stephen woke up but they said to get a rest....anyway this night I was given my sleeping tablet and then the young nurse came back and said I'd to also take these TWO tablets....which I did....went off to sleep and woke up to see then all sitting there eating THEIR LUNCH....it turned out the two tablets were for a Mrs Peters and so I'd got her EXTRA strength sleeping pills along with my sleeping pill From then on I had NO sleeping pills.

Rob was a week late, though my mate said "When you go to the hospital on Thursday they'll keep you in and start you off" I told her they'd broken my waters with Steve "Ohhhh they don't break your waters they give you caster oil and orange juice" yuck I said a spoonful of caster oil "Oh it's not a spoonful but a big tumbler full and you have to drink it in one go because if you stop you'll not start again" I patted my tum and said "Come on baby we won't like that" 20 mins later I had my first contraction, I used to say to him "Only time you've done what I've asked you to" Smile and he was born at lunch time. Smile wouldn't miss his lunch.

I was started off with Susan because I had contractions on the 16th for hours....then she stopped, contractions started off again on the 19th and after hours stopped they decided on the 25th I had to be started off ....didn't have my waters broken but something called a "Magic Bomb" pushed up.....and yes it did work but I still went 16 hours.....she didn't want to come out "Little devil" I wasn't shaved with Rob or Susan.

It's Susan's sister in law....Matt's sister, Susan & Becky are very close, which is nice. No Carole she's got M.E the reason they're worried. It could trigger it off....though she's been fine for a while now.

My mate Janice her Mum looked just like the Queen.....both in late 30's and Jan & I used to look through the Coronation book, and other Royal books and say how much her Mum looked liked the Queen ....and she did.....Mrs Fergie also had a very posh accent....we used to say her Mum was the Queen's sister adopted at birth. Smile we were mad us two.

Oh the rugs here.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Morning Bond off early I see ,hope you
had a good evening ...
Vicky do you think my Nan has the "royal" look
not sure what it is ,maybe the shape of Nan's face
or what  or the "hair do" funnytvprog
I have one of my Mum that reminds me of Elizabeth
in her younger years ....could be the era confused2

Going to be a sunny day today with a southerly wind
bringing our temps up into the mid 50's AGAIN ,no wonder
people are sneezing
Then some  tomorrow morning but clearing
out to make for a dry Thanks Giving ....

Only have to pop to the big store for cat treats today
there is one certain kind that BOTH Buddy AND Tabitha
LOVE and seem to eat me out of house and home confused2

Well I see Marge did not get in but I thought I saw her posting
on the Coventry site yesterday so maybe she was having problems   confused2
Anyway guess we will see

SO I SHALL return later  
MORNING VICKY MORNING MARGE

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit late today and it's a bit of a rush as I've got to go into Owen Street early to unlock as we have someone coming in to help work on the set
Yes it was nice to see the others that were married in 47 and their wedding days and some of the cardboard cakes that I had heard of before due to rationing
Breakfast cornflakes and hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice
do you have Horlicks in a morning?
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Oh did you get the start off like I did with
Spencer in Kersesly hospital
Started with being shaved down there ,never got that
with my other two as I was too quick funnytvprog but
Then I was given an enema and after I could get off
the loo ,a REALLY HOT BATH  ,was just given my tea when
they came around with the nasty guck they gave you to
start labor off back then warm caster oil
Being as that did not seem to be working as I was in no pain
Just my stomach kept getting hard and soft ( after they found
I get painless labor for about 5 centimeters ,and apparently did for both Tracie
and Blaine with the length of my labor )
I found this all out when they sent me to the Dr who was going to break
my water ,and she found I was already 1\2 way there ,my water with Spencer broke
In the labor room with such force it was like a rocket funnytvprog
I guess Sues friend has Toxemea @ always a concern my mum had that
with my brother in 1957
Any way I am in bed so sleep tight x

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Awwww that was good......Susan said when the Queen & Philip came to their school "The Queens got the most beautiful skin"   Susan was asked to keep an eye on the first year students  11 yrs so she moved into their line (first year students) after the Queen & Prince Philip walked by..... Prince Philip looked at her and said "Haven't I just seen you in the line over there?"  she said "Yes Sir" he said "Ahhh they've got you running about keeping an eye on the  unruly ones have they?"  pointing at the kids....everyone laughed and Susan laughed and said "Yes Sir"   but she was bowled over by the Queens completion

But it was good and to hear those other couples who had also got married the same year and still together.....wow, it was lovely.   Yes Bond it was lovely seeing the Royal Yacht, Susan & Matt might have been to see the Royal Yacht as they've gone to Edinburgh where it is.....and they had said they might go to see it, if they had time....they've got so many places they wanted to see this time.

They've had her on the drip trying to start her off......then a balloon confused2 ....and still no movement.    Her ankles, feet, hands & even her face are swollen up.....the reason they've decided to start her off, she's nearly due anyway.  .

Yes they started me off with my waters being broken with Steve....BP was sky high, though I'd still got 6 weeks to go they decided to start me off.

Susan & Matt went to Edinbugh Carole. 

Well it's time for me to go up the apples & pears......nighty night.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 am

Very good I but time for bed now so Night night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 am

New Avatar 1961 Mum and me standing with
my Nan holding Tracie 11weeks on her Christening
day

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 am

A lovely documentary at the minute we are on the Royal yacht, cmassic
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:23 am

Drat just missed you two as its just 9pm
and your watching the Queen and Philips
anniversary show ,well I am guessing ..
70 yrs God Bless them she reminds me of my Nan
so much ,guess its the "look"
No Vincent was wearing two jackets not the heavy duty
one I gave him .mind you he might feel like Gil did that its
TOO heavy ,{you remember chain mail ,that is how heavy this
coat is } but I saw one of the sweaters I gave him underneath

Just fed Gil ,CLEARED his plate and sucked the meat off the bones
as I said SO TENDER ,my nephew in the UK just asked how to make them funnytvprog

I could not believe how GREAT Diana Ross looked and SOUNDED Bond
at 73 she was wonderful ,and yes it was a Life time award

They had to break my water with Blaine Vicky ,the midwife did it ,did not even
know she had to but seems my membranes are REALLY tough and were not "giving way"

Now where did Susan and Matt go again ? they were just in Scotland no?

OK so I shall soon be in under my Duvet later ,you do not realize just HOW cold
it is until you stick your "nose" outside

Marge must be under the weather after her party last night

Have a good night ya all

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

Jean & David have had the place for around 15 years.

Yes a lot of money in those days.....

Right it's on.....later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 am

Hi all, yes we went to Tenby years ago we camped just outside it's a very picturesque place, the local artists have some beautiful views
Yes Vicky Downton_Abbey sounds like they were very nice
You saw the one show and that Mary's dad gave her/them £2000 wedding gift that was enough to by good house back then
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:18 am

HighClere Castle did you mean Bond?  the  Downton Abbey.....saw that clip on the OneShow

The Royal programme is tonight at 9-00

Susan & Matt have landed.......nothing going with Becky yet.....that poor girls going through hell.   Next is *trying*   confused2  to break the water......don't know what the doctors mean by trying....they should give her a C section and stop messing about, everyone must be worried sick.....they've been trying to start her off for days.

2 pages left of my book.

My cousin Jean and her husband have a holiday villa at Tenby.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 am

Hi all I've going to say that about Mary Berry and big house, I think the first one is at the TV Abbey
Tenby has just started they are going through the year in the harbour
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 am

confused2 I'm still not seeing that.....will have to get David to put the site on his iPad......sounds nice anyway.

Was Vincent wearing the coat to keep him warm? He needs it to keep him warm.

Some good programmes coming up Bond.....of course the Queen & Philips Wedding Anniversary......and Mary Berry looking around historic houses.....and cooking for the guests.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 am

Bond I think it was when you had the bake sale
for the Mac Millian nurses ?
Who knows WHY the chat site puts up different
Just upped the heat a bit its feeling nippy even in here confused1

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 am

Hi Carole that looks very nice on a cold winter night or I summer day with a cold beer
You got me thinking what was the table of food you saw and where that came from?
Diana Ross looked a cracker on some Awards show over there I think it was a life long award I didn't her a sing but she looked good
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 am

Need more than a warm mince tart
Bond its COLD out there ,its the bluddy WIND
So glad the sunny out as well or it would make it
REALLY cold
Only popped out real fast for three items ,could not remember
until I got home that the 4th item I needed was Oatmeal
the Nutritionist said I could not eat what I was eating thinking
I was being healthy ,as it was the Oatmeal with brown sugar
but Fran told me to try regular Oatmeal done in the microwave
with a spoonful of PEANUT butter ,she said it comes out creamy
and you get your protein to boot

New Avatar is tonight's dinner along with mashed potato and peas/carrots
the BBQ Ribs done in my slow cooker ,you cook them for 6 hrs on low
in two cans of root beer after you have seasoned them with salt n pepper
then your supposed to discard the root beer and pour BBQ sauce
over them and cook for another hour ,but they also give you a tip
to brush on the sauce and pop them under the broiler and they come
out looking like they were done outside on the grill ....REALLY easy
and the meat is FALLING off the bone
Of course its the root beer that tenderizers the meat

Anyway all done for a while going to sit a while
Just ate a salad for lunch...Gil is having the remainder
of his Chinese from yesterday

Took my other 1/2 to Vincent along with a couple of ribs
he looked frozen standing out side the Post Office said he
was still trying to get a ride to the eye Dr ,could not help
even if I wanted as I could not leave Gil all that time as
who ever takes him would have to WAIT for him ,so just
wished him good luck

Morning Marge you awake duck

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:42 am

Good afternoon ladies, I thought I was going to finish earlier as iv got a couple of jobs to do here I was on my own around there And some heavy bits of stageing needed moving so I left that until someone can give me a hand
so it's coffee and a warm mince pie
Back later
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 am

affraid  Brighton supporter Carole.....wash your mouth out.     Mad    

Yes David's Mum used to make her Christmas Pud and she used to make Janet, Marilyn & me Christmas puds as well.....we've still got lots of her pudding bowls which she never wanted back.  confused2  she used to make her cake, mince pies, yule log, etc etc.....you'd go round and she'd be there ....still looking glam.....but with her arms covered in flour   Smile    Though my Gran used to make her own Christmas cake & mince pies.

Yes I had sugar    in my stocking.   cheers  and nuts.

Our rug is being delivered next Tuesday  cheers

Have fun today Bond.

It's just started drizzling.

Matthew's team won 6-1.

Nearly finished my book.

Later.......avater is Susan 6 months old walking round the furniture.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

New Avatar the trees out back last year
NO we have not had snow but its only
a matter of TIME

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 pm

522am here and a good morning to you
and you and YOU ,well it is only US FOUR
holding the glue together on this site
Even Malc seems to have abandoned us ,although
Choccy swims over occasionally from next door fish
Wonder if Mal ever reads his headball reports or
is he a Brighton supporter now they are in the Premier
league confused2

Temps going to feel like the 30's today but the weatherman
is saying except for a little Wednesday morning
Thanks Giving and Friday are going to be DRY ..

Do you think having crab sarnies sometimes on a Saturday
afternoon was ''POSH" then Bond confused2 I thought
it was a TREAT sometimes Nan would get Prawns and we
would have them in between bread and butter

This time of the year my Nan would have been making her Xmas
puds and Xmas cake and mince pies ,never realized just how MUCH
she did to keep us all happy and fed
Her joint of meat Sunday was always stretched to make soup
for Monday as most joints she got had a bone in the boneless
cuts were more £,she would also slice off some of the meat
and put it in her "mincer" that attached to the end of the table
and as she fed the meat into it I was allowed to turn the handle
and watch the meat come out ,this she would make into meat
pies after she had made some pastry ....

God it must be reading the Coventry Memories page bring
all these memories back
Nice ones though

Hey did you guys ever have the sugar in your Xmas
sack /stockings what a TREAT cheers

OK so Bond is at Owen Street again ,will wait on Vicky
and Marge ,hope her get together went well

Back later run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit grey over yet as it's only just after 6:00
That sounds a good Saturday Carole with crab sandwiches very posh
Breakfast and it's cornflakes and hot milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice
Owen Street today so back later
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 am

I loved horlick tablets too.....my mate Janice & I used to buy a packet every so often and walk around the streets munching on them. Sham you can't buy them any more.

Ok speak tomorrow .......
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

Sorry Bond was on my tablet so see a different
Avatar until I come back on my now its your
masks

Well I am off for my shower as my team the New England Pats
just started playing LA Raiders ,but they are playing in Mexico
LETS GO PAT'S

I used to love Horlicks tablets had a whole tin to myself on a Saturday
after I went with my Nan and Aunt Dot to the Coop and Smiths veg stall
on Stony Stanton Rd ,then we walked all the way home to Purcell Rd
carrying a bag a piece in each hand
We would also go into the Coventry market to the fish stall in the afternoon
and get crabs and Grandad would clean them or "it" depending how BIG it
was and we would have crab sarnies for Saturdays tea

OK Bond LARGE L & L please and sleep tight see you on the morrow
mi'lord ,please tell mi'lady I said fare thee well sweet maiden xx

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

Hi how's your horlicks?
There is lots of things that go in threes for that reason even the roses on the narrow boats paintings
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am

Oh it's the Royal Shakespeare Company head chef in Stratford.....not Leamington.   It looks very much like an apple turnover doesn't it?

David's Mum was 65 in that photo.....she'd had a pacemaker fitted.

Awwww just watched Blue Planet and seen that Whale and her dead baby all because of the plastic in the sea......so so sad. She'll carry the baby for days they were saying not wanting to let it go.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 am

Well bless my buttons well done
I'm watching the blue Planet but the kettles boiled
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 am

Just looked on the internet Bond......a top chef in Leamington says he's shocked people don't know what Coventry Godcake is.....anyway he explains it as "A triangular shape which is said to represent the Holy Trinity. Traditionally made by godparents to be eaten at Christenings"

Oh the White Princess is a Tudor drama series Bond.....the book was written by Phillippa Gregory.

Yes that's one of the things I love about Rosie Goodman books they're usually staged in Nuneaton and I'm going "I remember that place....and it's now gone."

Right I'm just going to have a cup of Horlicks.

Last edited by vickyp on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 am

Hi Carole, food? Table? No sorry it should be the masks that is me on the far right
Yes Marge love the sound of you visiting clothes
We have a Nuneaton memories and that's the same fantastic old black and white photos of the town and places I had forgotten
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 am

Yes David's mom is\ was a good looking lady
Just been chattering on fb on the Coventry memory page
this guy who started it is sure finding some super old
pictures etc bringing back many good memories
My oldest friend June Llyod whom I have known since
I was 6 and she came to my birthday parties was commenting
on one of the bridge on the Bell Green rd just past the Navigation inn
(all gone now they tell me )
She lived in Nuffield Rd and we went to school together ,so many
memories ,nice but

Have a great time Marge and your outfits sound fine for your trip

Bond whose at your table with all the food ?

I just ordered Wee Wah for Gil and me for lunch
I am having Chicken Gil wanted Shrimp chow mein

Spencer came home with the cauliflower florets I could not
find this morning they were all gone where I went for my cheese
and we did a swap as he called me last night asking about the black
Ointment I have for boils etc as it seems he was telling Carmen about it
Seems what's it's made of Ichthmmol Is not sold straight any more so this is something
What has it in it
Whoops dinners here be back

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 am

Good evening all, well that's a good explanation Marg my daughter in law is said it may not be God God but short for Lady Godiva
Time for a restful evening
Yes Vicky I very glam lady
I don't know the princess thing Vicky?
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 am

Like the sound of the blouse Margaret with the black pants

Oh I'm sure you're right about the papers which will never....well not for at least 50 years when people have forgotten certain events.....see the light of day.

Hope you can see the avatar guys.....David's Mum was a very attractive woman.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:31 am

Sorry for being a bit out of breath but had no internet connection this morning so shot
Ian a quick message as we now have a new router and I wasn't sure we needed to
pull the plug or just press a button to reboot it.
Just to make sure I also unplugged the desk computer as well and all is right with the world
now.

I have a feeling that Queen Victoria like a lot of very old people changed her mind a lot.
I am sure that there are documents in the royal archives that will never see the
light of day.

Got the salad ordered from The Olive Garden and pick it up at noon today.
Also picked up a variety box of chocolates from the English shop to pass around after
dinner.
Got Black Beauty gassed up while I was out and picked up a few things from the grocery
store.
I ordered a few things online, a couple of pair of leather loafers, two pair of jeans and a
pair of black dress pants with a black blouse with a tiny white butterfly pattern on it.
Its very casual up where Melanie lives so my "dress" clothes are a bit too "dressy" and a bit
bold for the place we are going for the Thanksgiving meal. I can throw a jean jacket on and
fit right in now.
I have never heard of Coventry God Cake either. It could have been distributed to the poor
at Xmas from the churches by the sound of it.

Going to wash my hair and shower and go pick up the salad. I think I can fill two large mixing bowls
with what I have ordered and a dozen of their bread rolls. The Italian dressing comes with it so
TTFN
I just have to mix it up.

Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 am

I remember when Lynne in Cov used to use her slow cooker while she was working Carole..

I've never heard of Coventry God Cake either Bond   confused2

What's amazing Margaret is how they did keep the letters/papers going back so many many years so that Historians can read just what they got up to all those years.....thankfully.

Love this avatar of David's Mum & Susan 5 months on Susan's Christening Day.

I've recorded "The White Princess" Bond.....it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 am

I am back bought two racks of ribs
they are now in my slow cooker in two cans
of Root Beer for 5 hrs
Oh I LOVE my slow cooker but can also make
a mean soup/stew in a saucepan its just they
are handy when you want to do something else
like SHOPPING etc you can throw everything in
before you leave and its waiting when you get back

I almost got blown away and the sky had some NASTY looking
black clouds around ,but they have passed over us now

Gil watching Watford VS WHU

That was my "headset" Bond used to use it when I worked
at the Holiday Inn of Bridgeport in 1970-1974 ,makes it
all "hands free"
The "mic" is the big thing that I pushed a button and paged
employees that is to my left ......

Back later

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 am

Well we went to BIG PALMERS Sir Graham......I just had some chips, oh and some of David's side salad.    He had jacket potato & sausage, with a side salad.

It's a wonder you didn't bump into a lamp post while keeping your eye eye  on that girl Bond.

No Carole I don't have a slow cooker but like Mrs B I can make a good stew.  

Margaret Queen Victoria did tell/ instruct Beatrice to go through all her journals & papers and change or destroy any which she thought was not for the public demain.    Though some how she over looked journals of 1861 & letters from her eldest Sister Victoria of that period, one letter was from The Crown Princess Victoria asking if her Mother truely wanted her to destroy all the letters the Queen had sent her over all those years since Princess Victoria had married and gone to Germany.....she could understand it in one way but her heart told her the letters must go into the Windsor archives when the Queen was dead for the next generation to read.      Bertie when he was King said he had known what the Queen wanted seeing that Beatrice was her favourite child ....as King he would be too busy to do his Mothers bidding    So it looks like Beatrice just followed orders as she had for so many years..

Later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:01 am

Hi Carole fancy a large L&L, a bit of history in your avatar I couldn't work out what was wrong about your lip I see now after enlarged photo I can see it's a mic
it's getting cold here no as the sun goes down
I'll put the kettle on
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:29 am

Good afternoon ladies, it's lovely sunny and crisp
No C no smog in fact it was in the pedestrian area and that's a big area in the centre of Coventry so no cars in a mile in each direction, I think it was look at me thing
Been over Bedworth to see the cat and kids then into Nuneaton for lunch a chicken breast burger with stuffing thin sliced bacon salad ho and chips so back now to do nothing.
Mrsb bought a slow cooker years ago and it's still in the box, but she does make a good stew or soup.
If you can see the masks that's me on the far right, I made and painted it for one of the players but I have it now for the nativity play that he can't get to
Back later on after work
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 am

New Avatar me October 1974 when
I started work at U.S.Baird Corp at
my old cord board
♪ One ringy dingy ♪ funnytvprog

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am

OK santa

Found this just now my "horoscope "

Capricorn Dec. 22 - Jan. 19

You're in a very realistic frame of mind today, enabling you to see situations in their true light. This is just what you need if you want to assess your chances of success in something or you're trying to work out what's going on with a certain person. You'll also make a great deal of sense if you're talking to friends or partners, and they'll listen carefully to what you're saying.
Personality traits
Born Dec. 22 - Jan. 19
Element Earth
Basic Trait I Use
Ruling Planet Saturn
Lucky Day Saturday
Lucky Color Black, Earth Tones, Indigo and Orange
Lucky Gems Garnet
Symbol The Sea Goat
Closest Metal Lead
Quality Cardinal
Ruling God Greek-Coronus; Roman-Saturn
Lucky Numbers 3, 7
Lucky Flowers Ivy, Pansy and Amaranthus
Lucky Places Secluded places
Strengths

Responsible and reliable
Practical and prudent
Ambitious and disciplined
Patient and careful
Humorous and reserved
Strong willpower and resolve
Loyal and sincere
Hard working

Weaknesses

A little obstinate ..... Who ME Shocked
Pessimistic and fatalistic
Miserly and grudging ..... NOOOOO
Short tempered ....... Ummm sometimes
Cannot accept authority

Reliability
Professionalism
Knowing what you discuss
Firm Foundations
Purpose

Dislikes

Wild Schemes
Fantasies
Go-nowhere jobs
Ignominy
Ridicule

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 am

I'll post when we get back.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 pm

talktohand   No no Vicky like I said I was on
my "tablet" and it showed a different Avatar I knew
once I got up today and was back on my
I would see you and Susan ,and AGAIN look at those cheeks
I guess it must have been your mothers milk then lady that
had your three so chunky funnytvprog  what were you putting in it  funnytvprog
BOND get away bad lad its ALL gone now  nono  funnytvprog

Can you believe at 6am here its 58f ,but there is a COLD front
slipping through from the West that will ,along with the winds drop
us down into the low 40's later ,we had a goodly amount of heavy rain as well
last night so a lot of the remaining leaves are all over ,that makes for
slippy roads  

I only have to go to another  shopper  this morning for the 3lb block
of American sliced  cheese they sell MUCH cheaper than buying it sliced from where
I get my other stuff ,yesterday they had cheese on sale for $5,99 lb ,I can
buy this block for $6.99 {for 3lbs }
And I want to pick up some ribs as I found a recipe for them in my slow cooker
using ROOT BEER that tenderizers them instead of having to cook them
for ages in the oven

Vicky do you use a slow cooker much ? how about Mrs B Bond as you can make
a GREAT winter stew/soup in them ,just throw everything but the  washingup
in at 8am and 7 hrs later you have dinner ready to serve  cheers  

Slept pretty good last night until Buddy thought it was time to get up
If ANYONE knows how to RESET a    CLOCK let me KNOW  
as he does not know the difference between a week day and weekend  headbanger

Bond the Chinese girl was wearing a smog mask ,WHY was it foggy in Coventry ?
you see them a LOT wearing them back in China etc as the air .pollution is
SO BAD ,I hear my home town is going to the    but surely
its NOT THAT bad weather wise    confused2

Ok lovely people back later  run  run  run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone just getting light here
OK I'll just pop up and get the mug from last night and do the washing up, ho nice littleBlond
I've still got the play from yesterday going around in my head, I love that when you see a good play and you keep running it over, reading the program there was Only four actors!! The quick changes that were going on behind the set it's a wonder people didn't come out with the clothes on
One of the things I had with a coffee in the Theatre was a Coventry God cake? Never heard of one before but it was a mince meat puff pastry turnover like my mother used to make when I was a kid but she used ordenery pastry
I also bought a nice new pair of light tan zip sided boots for the winter I put them on from the shop and kept them on and nearly walked into a lamppost looking at them the other thing I was looking At was a Chinese student (the city is full of them) with a hospital face mask on like the wear over there but she was wearing boots and a pair of Daisy Dukes cut off shorts that showed both cheeks of her bum eye eye I thought never mind the smog your more likely to catch a cold in your Doris
Toasted muffins for breakfast after I've washed up the hot chocolate mugs from last night
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

Hot chocolate please if you're heading to the kitchen......and then I'll trot off to bed....unless I take my chocolate with me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am

You called madam what is your need?
Yes I see you and Susan both with beautiful smiles
Almost time for bed so last drinks
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:12 am

Eating a fruit cup  confused2  no it's Susan at 4 months on Christmas Day and I'm holding her.     Bond can see us both.

Oh it wasn't much of the weetabix Carole just a little bit on the spoon....and the health visitor at the clinic said she was more than ready.   Just to get her ready for solid food..      Gosh I can't remember how long I breast fed the kids,  my milk never dried up though, the kids were just weened off and went onto a baby drinking cup.  

Yes have a day out Bond.  

Ok speak tomorrow Carole.........Bond.
Back to top Go down

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next