HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Yes that's her Carole though like you she doesn't spring to mind, just have Marilyn Monroe of pop in my mindI know she had twins Paul & Barry who took up singing but Paul I think it was gave it up and just wrote songs and his brother went solo.....but I couldn't tell you the songs of either the Mum or the twins. I do remember the boys slightly   

Yes it was Lily sitting at a table opening one of her Christening presents......this one is Lily getting Christened, hope you can see her ok....and the lady Vicar, who was lovely.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 am

Good afternoon ladies Teas made and large L&L, coffee pot on
Thanks for the bottle greens Vicky they are still warm
That is a beautiful picture of Susan it would be nice to work on if I knew how to take the background out and add a dark green possibly
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 am

I am back another $100 poorer
where does the $$ go in the shopper

Is Portbury closer to you ? I know they are both
Somerset ....quite a difference in population where
they are going but a lot of history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portbury

WSM had 76.143 in 2011 so will be a lot quieter
in their new abode

Wendy and Derek like Tighnmouth ? {spelling} as they go there
a lot I have seen but Wendy likes Devonport for its easy access
to Plymouth center and all the stores etc  as I asked her about
moving there ,but she would probably go  having
no stores to go to ,she NEEDS to be on the go 24X7 it seems
not me I WOULD love it ,potter around in the garden

Well even though its another very sunny  day its FREEZING out
in that wind was glad to get home  we are up to 29f right now
proper temp but still FEELS like 19f brrrr

Bond better put your cap on lad having had your ears lowered

MORNING MARGE you awake yet

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 am

Oh the bottle greens are all lovely and clean so help yourself Bond.

Ohhhhh I'd love a hot cuppa please.

Been washing my smalls and that .....not done any washing since I was taken ill.

Oh the new avatar is Susan a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:05 am

Good afternoon ladies, all tidy and packed away then it was the next little play for the Nuneaton year olds and they wanted a vending machine made from a big painted cardboard box that one of them gets their hand trapped in on a school day out
Did you get the bottle greens back  Vicky as if you don't need them after washing your hair as mrsb as just cut my hair
Good news about the house then
AS I didn't get one yesterday Im just sitting here with a pint of Guiness, one for paddies day
I'll get the drinks and large L&Ls
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:13 am

Well we won't be seeing Susan today with the snow, would the trains be running? Oh we are so useless these days over here, anyway she's going back with her MIL & Becky she's giving me a call when she gets back. She's been enjoying the hotels food.....she had a good breakfast this morning she was telling me affraid she certainly had......full english, ceriel, friut, orange juice & a pot of ....confused2 Bond you would have been happy.....plus all the ladies around you.

I love kippers BUT I hate their tiny bones. confused2

No Carole we get our veg from Asda.

Been nattering to the evening do went well.....she got a lift back from her neighbours, it was slippy on the pavements by the time she came home.

I washed my hair this morning.

Oh btw the woman who owns the house Susan & Matt want phoned Matt and told him she wants them to have the house so how about £358,500 they'd take that.....so tomorrow morning they're phoning the estate agency with the offer. cheers good when you know the person who's selling the house.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:34 pm

Just saw this on FB hope Vicky did not
buy any veggies from Aldi as they are on the list
Not sure if they sell to the Aldi in the UK

ALERT: Nationwide Listeria Outbreak Affects Vegetables From
Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, and MORE! Here’s the Complete List

Mann Packing, one of the largest vegetable packaging companies in
the United States, has just issued a recall of their vegetable products,
as well as a warning to consumers. After detailed analysis of their
vegetable products, it was found that a Listeria contamination of their
vegetable products could potentially affect millions of Americans.

If you have shopped at any of the following stores in the past month,
you could be at risk for contamination:

Image result for ALERT: Nationwide Listeria Outbreak Affects Vegetables
From Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, and MORE! Here’s the Complete List

Walmart
Trader Joe’s
Aldi
Safeway
Albertson’s
Pak’N Save
Vons
Target
H-E-B

Listeria, a deadly bacteria often linked to food poisoning incidents, has the
potential to severely impact pregnant women, newborns, the elderly, and
even some adults. If you’ve exhibited any of the following symptoms recently, it is recommended that you follow up with your primary care physician

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Good morning Bond and well done

Cold here this morning only 19f with this
wind chill we have that does not seem to want
to quit and allow Spring temps in
Looking like the midweek Nor'easter could be a NEAR
MISS for us so fingers crossed

Hope Marge enjoyed her outing last night ,thought
I heard drunken  on the way home as
she did not have to :driver: herself :house:  

Well done to Susan and Matt then I see that was fast

Hope everyone is well today
I am off shopper  it was nice seeing my David yesterday

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a very white Atherstone, we had a lot of snow in the he night but it didn't stop the after the show party
Its back again this morning to take down and pack away, a bit like a circus,
Yes Marge they will look great as plinths, Saras mum wants a thin slice of this one to put on the wall as it is as a picture, we have a chain saw artist close at Kingsbury water park
AS you said Ive seen him do bears they work well also eagles and owls
The show went well everyone played a great part but Saras knowledge of bras worked well that will have so much on show and with sit the jumping about as the races came to a finish she is didnt have a wardrobe malfunction
Good news about the house and fingers crossed for the new one, will David Bird outside called in to decorating and work, a nice place to stay over in the summer
Right breakfast folks and its hot cross buns before I set out as walking as the car is staying put
Marge you are so right about the written word you only hear how you think it should be said
Back later I may be some time so smoke me a kipper
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Look at the time night night
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am

David's cousin Nina and her family live in Ontario.... Windsor, Ontario. Margaret they must have lived there for around 40 years now.  every couple of years they come over and *do the rounds.*   we always get a card at Christmas.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 am

I suspect there is some Irish in my background somewhere
as I believe that some of my Guest relatives are related to itinerate
boot and shoe makers who were based in Northamptonshire
and who had a clan in Ontario Canada.

My father and one of his brothers looked Irish to me but they knew
nothing about their background due to the fact that their mother was
raised from the age of 2 by a lady who was not related to her after
her mother died after childbirth and her father could not take care of
a baby on his own and work at the same time.
I don't know if it was ever officially registered as an adoption.
That's for more research later.
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 am

Top of the morning to you as well Margaret. My maiden name was Delaney. Shocked and when Susan goes to visit her friend Anne in Dublin bus drivers, taxi drivers say to her "Welcome home" thinking she's Irish.....my great great grandfather came from France to Ireland.....Tipperary. I've said to David on occasions I'd love to go to Tipperary to have a look around.

Later then.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 am

Top of the morning to all!

Lovely sunny day here,
but on the cool side at 56f
The high today will top out at 59f
and the low tonight will be 45f
rain showers are expected later
again.
Did well on my shopping for the
Traditional Irish meal of corned beef
and cabbage later.
In my grocery store I found soda bread
and shamrock shaped cookies (they were
butter cookies with green sprinkles.)
and I picked up a bottle of Bailey's
Irish Cream for the coffee.
That's as Irish as I plan to get today!
I also went to the party store and got a silly
feathers on a spring headdress and a sparkle
shamrock on a bead necklace.

It seems Carole has got her Irish up as well
or a Paddy on her as we used to call it.
All I can say ladies, is this is a public forum
and we know there are lurkers who follow
our site so we try not to go into too much detail
about our private lives.
its best not to analyse what someone says into
what they are thinking as its usually wrong.
Accept that wires get crossed occasionally
and we should let it go. Enough said.

Bond, I think they would make nice stands for
small statues, I see a lot of those type things when
I go and visit Melanie as there is a lot of logging
in her area. Lots of chain saw artists so you see
lots of bear figures as the grain is perfect for the
bears coat. There are wall plaques and frames
everywhere. I even have a painted circular saw
blade from New Orleans. I wanted the old fashioned
hand saw version but they would not let me take it on
the plane to bring it home. crying
Some of these hand crafted items (like my horse shoe
numbers) mean more to me than things machine made.
Cats are fed and asleep so now its my turn to feed my
face. I am going to work on the hatch lock on BR today
and the small latch on the gas tank lid cover (left over
from petrol rationing here when everyone was siphoning
petrol from one another's cars).
BRs speedometer only shows a top speed of 80 MPH but
we know it can go a lot faster than that, BROOM-BROOM!!!

Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 am

All my three have been really good making things with wood, this was at school.  Steve made a table which we've got in the lounge, it's got a chest board in the middle, Rob made BIG pieces of furniture.....the woodwork teacher used to take those home.....we used to say to Rob "Couldn't you make a smaller piece" but no a LARGE chest of drawers once, a dining table with a glass top another time.   Susan made a lovely jewellery box....all the teachers came in the class to see it.   Of course her Granddad was a Carpenter by trade and loved working with wood....and Alan became a Carpenter and then David's sisters girl has her own business making furniture for people.....Viscount Linley, Princess Margaret's son, has bought some items from her.  Clare (one of the twins)       So it must be in the genes.

Oh btw Susan put her house on the market 2 weeks ago and this guy came round to view it he was there, with the agent not Susan, for over an hour....he loved it, wanted it but he wanted them to take it off the market then and there, well they'd got 7 viewings so the agent said it had just gone on the market, he was the first one to view it and he had yet to sell his house so it wouldn't be right, well Wednesday the guy phoned up saying he'd almost sold his house, so in the next couple of days he'd be ready to put in his offer and could him and his partner come round to view again.....so Thursday they came round.....again almost an hour viewing, planning where they'd put their furniture  confused2     and they put in an offer.....a bit lower than Susan & Matt were willing to accept ....they've gone up and Susan & Matt have accepted it.....so the house is sold.   Now Susan & Matt are trying to get this house in Portbury, which they've got their heart set on.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 am

Hi, you would of loved the ball one of the lectures from the college made, with a light standing the bees waxed it it was lovely in your hand
This may be a table centre, I can see it with a grasses and maybe thistle display
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 am

I love wooden things, the touch of the wood

Carole you know my kids, they won't give you chapter & verse.....and Rob, or Steve, I noticed you mentioned getting in touch with Rob, well he wouldn't have had a clue, we hadn't told him or Steve, Rob knew nothing until he was needed to take Benjie for a walk..
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 am

Hi Vicky, well when I started this it was bright sunshine now the snow here again
So you are in the best place
Avatar is a nice heart shaped slice, now what can I do with that?
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:29 am

Good afternoon all, bright sunshine one minute and I can't see th been screen the n its as black as your hat and blowing a blizzardd
We went to the kids this morning to miss the possible heavy snowthat was forecast but if seems OK so a read and rest ready for tonight
OK ok I'll get the drinks first
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 am

Well we keep having the flakes coming down but the sunny  is still out so IF we get some of the white stuff it's not going to settle........  goes to a wedding today as well, the evening do.

Pleased everything went well Bond.      

Yesterday morning was the first time I ate my breakfast.......cornflakes & hot milk.  I was quite chuffed.   Smile

Carole as I said to Margaret not knowing the full facts isn't an excuse.......you knew I had a bug, had been ill on the Sunday and was resting (As I was advised to "Drink lots of fluid and rest")  but you still went on why wasn't I posting?  confused2    I'd come down on Tuesday night for half an hour but I wasn't ready to come down, Wednesday I come down late morning and though I was as weak as a kitten I was determined this time I was going to stay.  I opened my Mothers Day present from the kids and their cards, Susan had been texting every day to see how I was, I spoke to her at lunch and thanked her for the present and the card and told her about Steve's funny card which made me laugh,  but Carole I could hardly speak, my throat had swollen up and I could hardly swallow, (Susan only found this out on that Wednesday, she said it was obviously all the throwing I'd done on the Sunday......early Sunday morning right up to very late Sunday afternoon....in fact I was sat on the loo with my head over a washing up bowl for most of that Sunday and then I fell into bed and then Susan came up to say she was off home.....I was too weak to sit up to say "Bye" to her)  I hadn't been able to have my tablets, and I still (Only started taking them yesterday) have to get David to break my big tablet into half.

Carole I started to read the back posts yesterday when I came down on David's iPad......I couldn't sit here  to do it. until later.  

Might see Susan Sunday she's up here at the Hinckley Island, until Sunday......there's a dance and fitness event for the weekend......she's gone with her MIL and Becky, so she said she might come around, though I told her I'm getting better so she didn't need to.  confused2    Though David had a touch of it as well......he felt so weak he couldn't take Benjie for a walk one night so we had to phone Rob to get him round......and he came the following morning to take him as well.   He said himself he certainly didn't  have it like me.....just feeling a bit sicky but he wasn't sick but he was weak for a day and a half.     I did feel guilty having passed on the bug to David.  

Oh well later.

Last edited by vickyp on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:38 am

Morning Bond up to my eye  balls in washingbasket washingmachine
so not saying much except good morning
And so Vicky does not think bad of me
here is the message sent me on FB from Susan after I asked how she was

Hi Carole, no she wasn’t very well on Sunday, she had a sickness bug,
so she’s just been resting up. But she’s fine,
I’ve just been laughing away with her on the phone! ????
I will let her know you have been asking about her.

Now does THAT seem like you were SO ILL  I should
not tease you about being MIA  confused2

Gotta go David arrives at noon for a visit and no one
up bar me and Gil asking for a shower   Mad

Have a good day people run run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone it's a bit grey over here but no white stuff
Things will went well again we managed the get the set change without miss hap , the set change is not in the half time as usual but behind drawn curtains with action for a short in front with the audience so it has to be quick and silent
Breakfast and it's Shredded Wheat and warm milk toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice and L&L Back later
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:02 am

Hi ladies sorry another late night
Time for bed Night night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:37 am

just been reading your post Vicky
All I am going to say is this ,after you being
silent for all those days and after Susan said
that you had a *stomach bug* but we're alright
how was anyone supposed to know anything different
pray tell confused2
And after being good mates for so long I thought
you would see the humor in what I said
Case closed
and good night one and all ,do not worry if I
am mia

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:01 am

Hi ladies, ill get the drinks before I go for the second night of three
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:37 am

Let me know when its safe to come out

Did you lose your sense of humor as well Vicky  confused2

Hi Marge enjoy your St Paddy's day dinner ,could always
take some green jello decorated in little glasses

Looks like your going to be a smart lad then Bond

Gil's Oxygen down today 87 ,had a long private talk
with the Hospice nurse about what to expect ....

Barb come and went

Made a Shepherds pie for later

This is the "bad" girl it seems checking  O U T  duck

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:34 am

Glad you've got *the * suit Bond.

Pleased you had a good time last night also......it was last night wasn't it?

Margaret sorry but being a worry wart doesn't mean you infer that the person you're worrying about is "PLAYING IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH" having David wait on me hand & foot. and that's certainly NOT being a Mum.....well not the way a Mum would be, or should be with her very sick child. Not knowing the full facts is no excuse.
Back to top Go down
marg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:58 am

Vicky, you know what a worry wart Carole is.
she is like a Mum to everyone, mad not
knowing how you are and giving you a "what For"
in relief knowing that you are getting better.

Still adjusting to the time change here, I am
sleeping an extra hour!
Its needed believe me after all the work I have
been putting in here the last week or so.
I just have the checks to deposit at the bank .

Think one of our Mail persons is on something
because he has started delivering Ben and Lindsey's
mail to my house again!
I did not get any at all so hope nothing went astray.
This is the one we had trouble with before Xmas.
Someone must have complained as they changed post
people after Xmas.
I know our numbering system is a bit crazy but if
he cannot tell 5118 from 5108 he must be dyslexic.
even the food delivery man last week came to the
wrong house so I pointed him next door.
All our house have our numbers painted on the curbs
by the drive way and I have one over the garage door and
the original set by the front door. Admittedly the one over
the garage door is not visible at night time but my porch light
is on until late at night and you can see the dark green numbers on
the beige house paint well before you get to the bottom of
the steps, they are at least 2" high each. confused2
(the curb numbers are obscured by vehicles parking in front
of my house at night also).

With all the trees being nearly as high as the street lights it
is a bit gloomy at night but if they have a GPS which most
delivery places have theses days it should not be rocket
science. The Mail man has no excuse he delivers in daylight!
It must be that constant ear bud in their ear that is distracting them.

Got news finally on one of our older ladies who was in hospital over
Xmas with a severe case of pneumonia, she is on the mend at home
at last (this is from our Thursday night meeting).

Going out a little later to find something to take to the dinner tomorrow.
Either green frosted cupcakes or cookies (biscuits) or thought the
Bakery might have some Irish Soda bread. I can also take a bottle of Bailys
Irish Cream for the coffee.

No change in the weather pattern here. Its 55f right now with a high of 58f
forecast for midday. The overnight low will be 50f.
The humidity stands at 79% and there is an 80% chance of showers later.
(more like April than March) Its already beginning to cloud over.
There have been a few minor mudslides up the coast but if we get a heavy
downpour it will be a mess again. There has been more snow fall in the mountains
so the ski resorts are happy. You can only reach them if you have tire chains on
your vehicle.
Must get going here so I can get out before the crowds start. TTFN
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 am

Good afternoon all. Lovely day here now
Hello Princes lovely to see you but take it easy. You hear alot of people who have not been well think they are better over do it and Whoooosh back to where they started so no going out until you've had some steak and kiddly pudding with extra onions chips and gravy
Back from cov with a blue three piece suit, white shirt and lead colour fashion boots, its seems Sara is buying the pink ties and hankies so room on June
When I first saw your avatar I thought it was the pop charts from the music express
Thanks for the words on the show it went well and Sara played a fantastic gobby blonde
Must put ta kettle on
Back to top Go down
vickyp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:58 am

It's took me a while to read back......I've not finished it yet.

PLAYING IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH CAROLE? What a bloody cheek.....believe me...OR NOT...no play acting, I've lost 7ib in weight.....and when you were only 8st 4 to start with that's a hell of a lot.

Thanks Carole it's good to know what you think of me.

Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Morning Bond Morning Marge
Glad everything went well Bond
Well its becoming a mystery why Vicky
is still MIA thought she would have been
able to post something by now if as Susan
said she only has a stomach bug

Say hi to my home town Bond ,sounds like
your in a rush
Cold again here .....
Later every one run run run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit grey over here and it's wet
Only time for a dash in as hoping to catch the bus to Coventry as soon as possible
Quick breakfast and it's off we jolly well go
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:47 am

Hi all, things went well a good show lots of laughs
But time for bed for me night night See you for breakfast
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:03 am

Excellent report "Madam Marge" funnytvprog
I look forward to reading them
Again what a GREAT Mom you are helping out
with Melanie's pet ....
As we were talking the other day raising them is
NOT CHEAP no matter WHERE you live  or

Break a leg Bond ....

Well as I said it must be some bug Vicky has  ,or she
is playing it for all its worth
having David wait on her  &

We had our Cornbeef n cabbage today as otherwise no one
will be around on Saturday as the boys normally eat out both
days ,so maybe I will treat Gil to some fish  n cheesychipraid
to show our true COLORS funnytvprog funnytvprog

Anyway its time or my shower  speak tomorrow as it
does not look like littleBlond  will be making an appearance today confused2

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:04 am

Did not go in the end as I was too tired.
What with the time change and all the
other things I got done since Monday
I just wanted to relax and be done
with the tension for a while.
Sleeping better but still waking up
around the coldest part of the night
so been sleeping until quarter till 9
with a down blanket around me.

Got a call from Melanie yesterday
telling me one of her cats, Skittles
was just getting over an infection from
a fight with who knows what when he
came home with another swelling near
the same place on his tummy.
Don't know if it was a return of the original
infection or a new one.
So it was another visit to the vets to get it cleaned
up again. Guess how much it cost? $330!
Guess who got asked to pay, me!
Photo on FB messenger shows him with a shaved
belly.
They just didn't have the extra money to pay for
another vet visit so....... confused2
They have had to confine him to Jims office until
he has finished his course of antibiotics which
drive an outdoor cat crazy.
I would rather do it this way than have them put
it all on credit cards and start the whole cycle of
card dominoes again.
Once the PIC line is out that will be the end of another
medical payment so then it will be just the odd
expense again. She just had her second infusion of
the biologic she will be on and soon will be doing it
at home as an injection. (that is covered by a low income
policy by the manufacturer).
Things are otherwise calm between them as they are doing
what they need to do for Jims recovery one day at a time.

Seems we are in for another day like yesterday, Sunny
to start with, getting cloudy as the day goes on and showers
in the evening and night time.
Its 58f at present going to a high of 61f and followed by an overnight
low of 50f. Humidity is up again but as its so much cooler we are not
feeling it as much.
Got a St Paddies day dinner at Teresa's on Saturday so trying to find
something different to bring instead of wine.
I might bring some Irish cream to make Irish coffee with.
Also going to see if there are some Irish cookies at the bakery.

I do have my meeting tonight and since I am the only one who
knows the code on the door lock I have to go.
I gave out my hand drawn diagram of how it works but the
only person who knows how it works is the Real Estate lady!
She is not at every meeting though.

Its good to know that Vicky is recovering from whatever she had.

Bond, I love the masks the Players have made. It may be a pain
some times but it is keeping them entertained and learning all the
time.
A lot of the fast food places here employ members of the Downs
community to teach them a job skill. It is part of the lesson of
learning to live independently.

It was announced that California has one of the most diverse
populations in the country. We are not perfect, we do have
street gang problems in some areas but they are being forced out
of what used to be their strongholds in the inner city with new
laws on the books.
Those that are left are died in the wool gangsters who are drug
dealers and they are dangerous but they are not recruiting as
many kids as they used to. some new gun laws might take
them off the streets for years.

Hi,Ho ,Hi ,Ho its off to work I go TTFN

Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 am

Good afternoon just Back for a bite to eat and five minutes feet up before going back to set out the seating for tonight
Its been a great day watching the masks take on a new life and name when face hair and hats are added Mad tongue Shocked
Back later, be good now
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 am

run ,SIGH !!! run run run

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Good morning Bond  
have fun today then
Dry so far this morning here
but COLD ,and they are STILL
looking at what could be NEXT Wednesday
ANOTHER coastal storm that will bring SNOW
to CT the day AFTER the FIRST DAY OF SPRING

Spencer slept in his own bed last night cheers  Tabitha
must have been SO HAPPY

Well I hope Vicky is taking it easy as it must have been
some stomach bug to lay her up for so long nono

Hope Marge enjoyed her meal out last night ...
Must telephone  Linda to set up another breakfast date
maybe next Friday as with her I can only see her on a Friday
as she works at her daughter and SIL's business Monday through
Wednesday ,could see her Thursday but Barb is not here confused2
She is recovering from having a tumor removed in her bladder
so need to catch up chattable

GUESS who stopped by on her way home from work....
Chelsea Marie .....only stopped about 30mins as it was trying to snow
again last night but was nice seeing her ,told her next time
she said she would come but could not, to TEXT ME....
Her fiancee has it seems gotten a better job and they are busy saving
for their wedding ,so she seems happy enough

OK I shall be back later MAYBE just MAYBE Vicky will have wandered
down to her

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bit wet here but air is very still so not the winds that were forecast
Leading Players today and adding to the masks with hair so that will be fun
Then it's back again at 6:00 to set up the fold away seating ready for the first time show
Breakfast and it's back to cornflakes and warm milk
Get well soon miss Vicky missing you
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am

Well done Carole, so it's not so bad news then
Rehearsal went well only a couple of promptz
And the back stage gang (me) did a good job with the set change
See you for breakfast Night Night
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:03 am

talktohand  OK OK I did it text Susan
on FB messenger
and she answered me ,seems Vicky had some
kind of a stomach bug on Sunday so is apparently
resting up confused2
Susan said she will tell her we were asking over her

So better put them  back in the pots

Glad its only a bug

I am now off to shower

Here is what Susan said

Hi Carole, no she wasn’t very well on Sunday, she had a sickness
bug, so she’s just been resting up. But she’s fine,
I’ve just been laughing away with her on the phone! funnytvprog
I will let her know you have been asking about her.

Speak tomorrow

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:38 am

Hello Marge ....ME a PEST funnytvprog
talktohand NAY say it isn't so

No I will wait ,do not think Vicky would mind
but her family obviously do not know how we
all feel about each other on here
Marge your hair seems to grow as fast as mine
does ....
Do you still give your cats the "cat grass" as
that maybe giving Tabitha the up chucks confused2

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 am

Well what a to do .....day 4 of Vicky being
either ill or otherwise engaged confused2
Your right Bond maybe we should have her
signal from her bedroom window with a colored
hankie or something when she is not well and
will be absent from as she only posts
from her desk PC

I would text Susan or Rob but knowing from
the last time when she was taken into hospital
they will divulge NOTHING ......
So guess we sit and WAIT or pace wondering
WHAT has happened NOW

Just say a HELLO then to Marge ...and
hope all goes well tomorrow Bond

Will have to take up my book I am reading on my tablet
again ,started reading it the other day and got through quite
a few pages before my eye lids started drooping .

Fran called me earlier than expected so was home
before Barb had to leave at 1pm

So like Bond I will pop back to see if anyone has posted

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:27 am

sorry to be on parade a bit late this morning but
had a bit of a disturbed night so slept in an extra hour.
still feeling a bit affected by it, already spilt milk by
missing the cup I was pouring it into!
After a few clear days, Miss Tabbitha has once again
up chucked on the rug. Cannot see anything wrong with
her otherwise so confused2
Just got a call from Ian to check up on what I have been up to
and am I following though on all the stuff I need to get done.
The answer is YES!
Tax stuff is at Brian's, Big Red is done and running (except
for the hatch lock, got the stuff to fix it if it does not rain today).
I went to the DMV and got another 60 day extension and no
written test and NO eye chart reading, just a Vision Driving test
which I must book online it seems so going to have a crack at that
tomorrow morning. (seem that is the best time to find a test slot).
That only leaves the checks I have to deposit and that can wait until
Friday.
Now its catching up with the washingbasket and doing the cats
ablutions today. I am going to see if I can get my hair cut sometime
today as well.
Its dining out night tonight, I missed last week as I was still dealing
with the plumbers.
I hope that Vicky is OK but you know with her health it does not take much
to bring her down. I have another friend who seems to always be
coming down with something. She is a music teacher so is exposed to
lots of germs every day. Her immune system is a bit fragile at this point
and just seems to have no resistance to anything.
If you feel you must find out what is going on with Vicky go ahead and
be a pest, I would.
TTFN

Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:51 am

Hi all, last day of the dress rehearsal for the first show tomorrow
So may be back later to see if there is any news
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:32 am

Good afternoon ladies, well that the food shopping done so fridgefood is full so you can send it down Jacob
Yes Carole it is been a few days now with no sign of the miss Vicky, we need a flag sign on the chimney surrender
Yes the tree will make some lovely things on their own with nothing added just natures works of art
AS I've said ours are for table centres but I would think some of the left overs would make nice house names or numbers
Also picked up some of th been black stuff for St Paddys day Saturday
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Morning Bond .....you should be able
to make some lovely things out of that
tree trunk ,bet the vanish makes the scrolls
stand out nicely
I have seen them being used as plaques etc

We had officially 5.5 inches yesterday all in 90mins
and it was GONE from the roads and sidewalks in as
fast as it came just left on the grass etc ,weirdest storm
i EVER saw

Spencer had Carmen's car towed to our driveway yesterday
afternoon so not sure what the next step is ....he stayed over
her house even though the plan had been to be home for
the next few days ,,,,that is because I KNOW her son
will be looking for a ride to work at 6am {he is a butcher}
All I can say is he better get HIS broken car to a garage to get
the oil pan fixed as what would he be doing if Spencer were
working confused2

Fran called me last night ....you will not believe why ,seems
Annette one of the other hairdressers whose mother died last
week was SUPPOSED to have been buried Tuesday ,but because
of the storm they PUSHED IT TO TODAY affraid
I had visions of me with WHITE HAIR headbanger
Anyway seems she moved the other ladies to later today
but I am bound with when I can go with Barb only being here
until 1pm {the funeral is at 10am } so first off she was saying
maybe she would not go ,but she could not do that as Annette
is not only her employee but a good friend,so I called her back
and was going to say forget it till NEXT week ,but they are saying
this weather pattern could produce ANOTHER Nor'easter the start
of next week
Anyway she will go to the funeral home then briefly to the Church
and meet me at her shop at noon ,my hair only takes about 90mins
and so Gil will only be here alone for about 30mins as Barb will be here
until 1pm
And who knows maybe Spencer will be around as well confused2

Blaine getting ready for work today temps in the 30's right now

So just a shout out to Marge and Vicky must be serious AGAIN
MIA now three days and not a word crying

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Good morning all from Atherstone a bright morning here a bit of early sunshine
It is Wednesday so get those lovely legs up later but first breakfast and I think its cornflakes and cold milk, toast and marmalade Coffee tea orange juice
Back later with the hoover duster
Keep warm on the east and cool on the West Coast of the
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:40 am

Hi all, this is a nice slab of wood this will be table centre for cake, or cheese or even pork pie, but the one Ive been n working cutting today is a heart shaped I don't know what this will be yet but it looked good, there is also small ones for table decorations
Michael says these sell on ebay for £40 to £60 each lucky bad can make them
Large L&L for Carole, coffee and tea
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 am

Ahh there you be Bond ...one  for Gil
a  for Marge and my usual if you please

How big is this branch ? if its small enough after
varnishing it you could attach it to a stand and
Mrs B could hang her jewelry on it ......

Ruth and I brought a few pieces of drift wood
back from the sea shore and they were excellent
pieces to have some of my plants trail over or
stand behind etc

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014   Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 am

Hi all, Im here Im here with the drinks trolly
Had a lovely afternoon with the chain saw and a rotten beach tree branch
Ill get it cleand up and varnished but What to do with it??
Back to top Go down

Morning everyone..It's a new week...11/08/2014
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next