SkyBlues around the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkyBlues around the World

Chat etc for SkyBlues fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FOOTY CHAT

Go down 
+5
Malc
carole b
SB Gus
Choccy Penguin
vicky
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
vicky
Admin
vicky

FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Great reading again Choccy P.....you forget so much so thanks.

Change of avater......and now he's in SkyBlue FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 352601 3 months.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 am

Mighty Huddesfield 3 pts above the the drop zone. MR was lucky to walk into a side with a good squad at City that had just added McGoldrick. MR brought in some good players as well but he jumped ship too early lets hope we appoint Adkins then again the Pope is avialable
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 am

So Mark Robins is talking to Huddersfield. FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 753905
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:57 am

Malc: Set pieces terrible, Leon contained, Yeovil played well at the back, McSheffrey weakess link.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:01 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 753905 what's happened Choccy? Though I wish our fans wouldn't yell and boo at the players it doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks for the fish fish Carole.

Malc: McGoldrick might have made a diffrence but Leon has scored reguallry since he has been hear. Never seen a game like that I beat the Wembley officals have thier head in thier hands Crewe will only take about 12,000 we would of snapped up 41,000 in next to no time. Hopefully we will learn the lessons and apply them to the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:57 am

Now then Choccy...would McGoldric have made the differance... headball

How the hell did we lose that then ?...Oh I see Vicky beat me to it...lol.

As far as I could tell, it was 3 breakaway goals...with the second one quite good I hear... confused2

Think we had over 20 shots to there 3 ?

Differance is they put it in the net 3 times more than us...Just have to score 4 at their place and keep a clean sheet...think MR used the wrong tactics in the second half...should have told the boys to be more patent!!!

OK, bring on Sat games... headball CCFC

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm

No we didn't......we battered them but lost 3-0. confused2
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Did we win confused2

Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 am

David, Rob and Matthew are going to the match tonight Choccy.
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 pm

fish Morning guys here you go Choccy don't eat them ALL at once Smile fish fish

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 am

Taken a while to post but how good was Cov City in the first half....Well done to Mark Robins, surely the best
Manager we have had since......not sure when.

Im not going to say Sillett cos he is a legend, but MR is certainly doing what others before him havent.

Now lets hope the 30,000 singing SBA sing the lads to victory on Tuesday....PUSB
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Choccy Penguin.

Thanks for the match report it's brill to read your views even if we've listened to the match....more so if we've listened to the match and their views. Smile
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Finally written the report couldn't do it earlier as I played 90 minutes for the Vets as we beat a young Walsall team 4-3 at Coundon Park I even hit the post headbanger
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah 2-1 and we've gone up another place. 7th. FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 352601
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi guys...Choccy, you do not have to put to paper ALL what you say during a match..lol...great reports lad keep em comming please!!!

1-3 tonight please ...lol.

vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Good match report Choccy P.

Back to top Go down
SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 am

Two points dropped i fear....makes Fridays game v Sheff Utd a must

win...almost a 6 pointer when you consider they are 4 points above us

and have games in hand..
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 am

Yes we should have won at Preston according to the stats we had 14 shots on target to thier 3. Most of ours was straight at the keeper and the ones that were not forced him to make good saves.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 pm

We could have won that......good game, looking forward to reading what Choccy P has to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

MR is such an honest chap never blaming the referees even when they are as bad as Mr Collins and no suprise that referee could be a Premiership one sonn :scaryman: I bet Alex Ferugson can't wait FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 35337
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks for the match report Choccy P didn't get to hear the match went to visit our daughter in WSM had to go Thursday before the BIG snow happened .......got back earlier today, though Rob kept us informed on the match and how we were playing.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am

Malc: I couldn't use a dictaphone it would be full of someone swearing all the time and demanding the referee to book players
Back to top Go down
SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

Hi Skyblue fans....

Oh Malc you really should be on stage......(the first one out of dodge city)

with all the daylight savings and swap arounds these damn 7.45pm kickoffs dont start here

till 6.15am which ends then around 8.15am so its a mad dash to work in all the traffic, but

I try not to let on why Im late....for the obvious reasons...luckily no one who matters even

know that English football exists so they dont put 2 and 2 together....

We sounded decidedly dodgy in the last 20 or so mins and I thought with our poor record for

clean sheets we would give up 2 points but we got lucky and survived....haaaaa

Now, can we beat Oldham at home...?
Back to top Go down
Malc
Admin
Malc

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am

Hi guys...hope the weather is cold enough for you Choccy... fish ... fish ...keep up the good work...have you ever thought about using a dictaphone to record your thoughts live???

City sunded good again last night, did well to defend as a team in the second half...think that is the main differance...defending as a team...McSheff is chasing back and helping out his full back, but is also attacking their full back...why does he always save his best for the cold weather games???

Missed chances will cost us dearly in the end...so a bit of an improvement there required although we have had some very good results goal wise recently...keep it up you MIGHTY SKYBLUES... headball

Gus, you must get to work early after these early morning games...bet your colleagues know when you walk in if City have won or not...he he heeeeee... FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 11769

Hi Vicky...looks like you had better get out that old skyblue scarf...ready for wembley maybe??? TWICE...HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:04 am

Carole B, snow to arrive here Friday, I'll save you some snowy

By 'eck it was cold last time by saddle on my bike was frosted again.

Looks like Swindon could enter administration could't happen to a nicer bunch of thugs, sorry players
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 753905 where's my posting gone to?

Ok ok ......sigh!!!

cheers yeah well done Cov.

Yes it was only a small posting but still littleBlond

Oh it's back..... FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 753905
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Well done Cov cheers .......
Back to top Go down
carole b
Admin
carole b

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:04 pm

snowy Morning Choccy waddle over here we can give you some of the white stuff
I saw City has Travesse ? on loan ,see I DO read about the headball
santa

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 am

Spot on Vicky mug

Sledge and huskies out for tonight's game
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:30 pm

You must be the only person looking out of their bedroom windows hopefully expecting to see snow. snowy Smile well you and Cubist Penguin, confused2 what happened to him......er and all the other penguins. Smile

Back to ccfcok ......though talking about the other "Missing" Penguins is talking about Cov City.....anyway brill match report again Choccy P......I said to David "Choccy Penguin and the others will have gone by coach" I know you so well. Smile ......and yes that's just what I said....hey I'm not bothered now by the strange looks I get when I speak to David about Choccy Penguin.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

A long way to Carlisle and very "penguin" weather up there
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Great match report Choccy P.........got any nails left? Smile
Back to top Go down
SB Gus

SB Gus

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am

Wow what a morning for me that was....

I was listening via skyblue player until i got a link to see the game live on so website...

really thought that we were being robbed after a great second have until Baker then

Leon Clarke pop up and give us the opportunity to go even further in this comp.

Well done Choccy...great report..
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am

November (The month of the bonfire as McGoldrick goes off like a rocket and City are on fire)
City started the month in the bottom four but only there on goal difference the play off were eleven points away. City then played in the first round of the FA Cup since 1963 and saw off plucky Southern League Arlesey Town 3-0 not a great performance but Ball scored his third goal all in the Cups all against teams from different divisions and Christie scored his first Coventry goal. City had the habit of beating the lower teams in the table but next up was third placed Crawley this was now no bother for City as they won 3-1 with the third a superb strike from McGoldrick. The third game in a row at home was against relegation threatened Scunthorpe most were confident of a victory but they were reckoning without Mr Simpson the referee that day who gave a series of bizarre decisions including a controversial penalty when Leon Clarke fell over. The forward scored from the spot then the referee ignored a high boot allowing the high scoring Clarke through for the winner. Mark Robbins reaction to the defeat was surprising he drafted in Sunderland’s Blair Adams on loan he replaced Jamie Reckord who had been playing OK for City but wasn’t very attack minded. Adams made his debut at Hartlepool who were struggling but had just landed a new manager and by half time it was scoreless but nothing could prepare the away fans for what happen next as City ripped into the home side Moussa and Barton scored but captain Baker was outstanding with two great strikes a quiet McGoldrick scored from the spot to equal Clarrie Bourton’s consecutive away scoring record as City ran out 5-0 winners. McGoldrick was now joint highest scorer in the division but he was no longer carrying the team as several other players had improved. The away road show then turned up at Colchester and City kept up the excellent form with a settled back four looking solid and Edjenguele started to become a real favourite with the fans and it was the Edge who scored his first goal for City as we lead 2-1 deep into the game and under pressure when Barton played in McGoldrick the forward scored and created history in the protest and for the first time in many years it was good to be a City fan. The only trouble with City was they could not repeat their away performances at home as proven by struggling Portsmouth who held City to a 1-1 at the Rioch despite McSheffrey’s first goal of the season. With everything looking rosy on the pitch things off it were not as it was reported the club owed over a million in back rent and talks to buy half the ground had broken down.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 am

Glad I never leave a match early.
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm

FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 753905 Interesting read Choccy P. FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 352601

Fingers crossed for tonight.

Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 am

October (The Halloween month but there is signs of life)
We started the month 22nd a point from safety and eleven points behind the play offs. First game of the month was at home to Milton Keynes Dons under ten thousand came to watch as Christie played for the first time this season but despite taking the lead City ended drawing 1-1. Next up were Bournemouth and finally won by a single McGoldrick goal it was City’s first league win for seventeen leagues games as City moved out of the bottom four. Four hundred plus City fans made the trip up to York for another JPT game and a scoreless first half was forgotten as City let rip in the second with four goals, McGoldrick was given two and Hussey scored his first ever goal for the club. A tough trip next as City travelled to Swindon for the first time in years and City took a deserved two goal lead both set up by Fleck both scored by McGoldrick but Swindon bullyboy tactics worked as City had no protection from the referee and score ended 2-2, Fleck was taken to hospital to have his ear almost sow back on whilst Wood had treatment for an elbow in the face and Baker was kicked in the air in front of the referee by a player on a yellow card. The equalising goal was scored by former City target Collins. After the game the police escorted the City fans heading for the coaches into an ambush. Days later the club announced that they had parted company with Richard Shaw only after a few terrible months back at the club. City then searched for winner number two at home to Notts County but City didn’t play too well and lost 2-1 but the sight of Lee Hughes coming on for Notts County angered the home fans. City dropped back into the relegation zone. City were faced with a trip to London next and a midweek game against Brentford but despite taking the lead City lost 2-1 as Clarke conceded a late penalty the Coventry born player was later subjected to some appalling racism on Twitter. Days later City were back in London to face Leyton Orient and City finally won on the road in the league by a single McGoldrick goal his fourth away game in a row this has only happen nine previous times. So City ended the month better than they started it and hopes of staying up increased.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 am

September (Month of atonement? No atonement for City as reach their lowest point)
City started the month unbeaten in 14th place 3 points behind the play off and 5 points ahead of relegation. The month kicked off with a trip to Crewe with the team that day was new loan signing from Nottingham Forest’s David McGoldrick who the Forest fans had nicknamed “David Mc Gold Draught”. It was Shaw’s first league game in charge but he kept with the diamond formation and pretty soon lacklustre City were two down when McGoldrick made his debut but many were angry that McDonald was taken off after he looked like the only threat. In the away terracing things were not in order either as one “so called” fan verbally abused a ball boy and a young City fan before he was confronted by his father. The game ended with City fans singing “your not fit to wear the shirt”. In that some good news in local sport as Warwickshire tied up the County Championship with a victory over Worcestershire. Chris Wilder manager of Oxford became the new favourite to be City’s next manager. City fans had a new experience next as we entertained Burton Albion in the 1st Round of the Johnson’s Paint Trophy. The smallest crowd ever to watch a first team game at the Rioch saw McGoldrick make his full debut as Shaw switched back to 4-4-2 but it was a dire game ending with no goals and went straight to penalties what happened next was nothing short of amazing as player after player stepped up giving both keepers no chance with well placed pens, into sudden death it went and players that were not used to penalties were still scoring with ease. Then player number 19 stepped forward with the scores at 9-9 Holmes fired and Murphy saved, Wood stepped up to send City through but his kick was saved, the Burton keeper took the next pen and Murphy saved again leaving the keeper to score and send City into the 2nd round. Richard Money and Steve Staunton were tipped for the manager’s hot seat thankfully the former City defender deigned he was up for the post. Next City were live on Sky at home to Stevenage and despite taking the lead via an excellent first goal for McGoldrick City lost 2-1 with Richard Shaw coming in for heavy criticism for again only changing things around when City were behind the only plus point was the form of McGoldrick but many fan said “that we will coach that out of him.” City relieved a short list of nine candidates for the post with Phil Brown the latest hot favourite. Finally some good news as Sisu dismissed Onye Igwe from the top post and Sisu’s leader Joy Seppala taking a closer interest. City next travelled to Tranemere with the home side in the top two and City having dropped into the bottom four as Richard Shaw had two games in charge before a new manager would be appointed many fans criticising the board for not acting sooner to bring in a manager things just got worse on the field as City slipped to a two nil defeat again Shaw taking most of the flak for sticking with the diamond and poor use of the subs. The following Monday saw a shortlist of three for the manager’s post and most were angry that Richard Shaw was one of the them the others was Paul Ince. Mid week saw a local trip to Shrewsbury with City knowing no team had made the top six in this division after failing to win in their first seven games since the play offs came into twenty five years ago. A win was nowhere in sight as City were hammered 4-1 and went one from bottom on goal different many fans admitting this was the lowest point they could ever remember but in the main stand that night another candidate sat and watched the game that man landed the job the next day his name Mark Robbins! Robbins was only the sixth forward to be appointed as City’s boss most had their success. Better news off the pitch as it was reported Sisu were on the verge of buying half the Ricoh but then things went quiet. Before Robbins first game in charge he was allowed to bring in three new players as we took on Carlisle at home. During the game Robbins first new player made his debut his name was Connor Henderson but blink and most fans would of have missed him. Later in the game a new left back was introduced as Jamie Reckord made his debut but City went down 2-1. Nine thousand City fans made the trip in the League Cup to face Arsenal. Two midfielders made their debuts Franck Moussa and Jamie Bailey and City played well but despite Murphy saving a penalty City lost 6-1 with Callum Ball opening his account with a well taken header. Final game of the month and a total contrast to Arsenal’s ground as the fans turned out at the ramshackle Boundary Park home of Oldham. City where unofficially bottom at half time but finally City got a win under their belts as McDonald claimed a very late winner despite it clearly being an own goal after the game the fans away coach was attacked leaving the ground. End of the month saw an amazing comeback by the European Golfers to beat The US in the Ryder Cup.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:17 pm

August (the month of honour, honour in the Olympics but not for City)
The start of the month saw the gold rush being in the Olympics for Team GB whilst in Coventry Senegal and the UAE drew followed by no goals for Japan against Honduras in the men’s football. More transfers at City as a day after a bad tackle by Deegan forced Thomas to miss months of the season the Irishman was transferred to Hibernian after never living up to his high reputation he brought over from Ireland he would hit the headlines again when someone hit him in a pub brawl in Edinburgh breaking the midfielder’s jaw. The Olympic football has reached the quarterfinals stage as GB took on Canada in the women’s tournament in front of over 28,000 fans but the British Ladies didn’t perform and went down 2-0. Away from the excitement of the Olympics City got back to winning ways with a 4-1 away win against Accrington Stanley. With a week to go until the season started City added yet another player to the books as Adam Barton joined from Preston. On that day City in yet another ground that made the news in December beating Port Vale away 1-0. The same day Britain surpassed their medal haul from Beijing. The final ever Olympic Game at the City of Coventry saw Canada take bronze beating France 1-0 in the Women’s game. Britain finally ended 3rd in the medals table the most medals won in a hundred years. A day later sadly the Olympic Rings came down and the ground transformed back into The Rioch. After the excitement of the games City were back in action kicking off the season with a Capital One Cup tie at Dagenham and Redbridge. City hadn’t won in the League Cup away since that victory at Manchester United but hopes were high for a cup run. Making their debuts that day were Reece Brown, Kevin Kilbane and Callum Ball but the surprise was that the youngster Billy Daniels made his debut. First song from the away fans that season was in praise of new coach Richard Shaw. By half time quite a bit of pre-season confidence had ebbed as City looked pretty poor. Stephen Elliott made his debut in the second half as City won a late controversial penalty converted by Kilbane late on and became only the 33rd player to score on his debut who wasn’t a forward. City drew Birmingham at home in the next round but there would be major changes before that game took place. Yet another midfielder arrived as City signed Steve Jennings from Hearts. City finally kicked off their league campaign and for many it was a real culture shock away to Yeovil. Two thousands City fans packed into the tiny ground many catching the sun on the packed out terrace and the fans had new players to get used to as John Fleck and Adam Barton made their debuts. City quickly took the lead via McDonald scoring from a Fleck free kick City soon lost the lead and Fleck who went off injured near the end of the game Steve Jennings made his debut as City drew. Many were disappointed with the result despite the fact City had never won an opening game away in this division and Yeovil topped the table early on. A couple of days later Martin Cranie finally found a new club but it was only Barnsley and the same time Sammy Clingan was left out in the cold and he would eventually join Doncaster. City opened the home campaign against promotion favourites Sheffield United and one of the Frenchmen made their debuts as Kevin Malaga played in defence. Before the game the fans gave a minute’s applause for former player Ernie Machin who died earlier that week. Halftime no goals and City booed off by some in the home crowd. Second half saw Malaga head the ball over the line but this was not given by the officials Elliott did then give City the lead but again failed to hold on and conceded late for another draw. The pressure was already on City as we took on Bury at the Ricoh and everything looked good in the first half as quality goals from Barton and Baker had City coasting at two nil but it was all to change and Bury pulled one back early in the 2nd half and took over exploiting the weakness in the diamond formation and Andy Thorn didn’t seemed to want to change it but Bury forced a draw and City were booed off again. Several players came in for criticisms McSheffrey and two new boys Ball who looked very poor and Brown who didn’t look much better. The next day patients brook and Thorn was sacked. Many had questioned why was the manager given so few games with so many new players or why he wasn’t sacked at the end of the last season whatever the reason City were again looking for a new manager. Richard Shaw took up care taking duties and was a popular choice for the post other candidates were Dennis Wise, Kevin Blackman and Paul Ince but Billy Davies seemed to be the fans’ favourite. In the meantime City had a cup game to play as Birmingham were in town. The other Frenchman William Edjenguele made his debut. Things started badly as Birmingham scored early and City looked poor but inspired by a fired up Baker City won in extra time with Kilbane and McDonald scoring before Baker deservedly scored the winner. City were then rewarded with a massive tie as a trip to Arsenal were on the cards but again there would be massive changes before that game.
Back to top Go down
Choccy Penguin

Choccy Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 pm

New avatar train them young Vicky mug
Back to top Go down
vicky
Admin
vicky

PostSubject: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Great reading again Choccy P.....you forget so much so thanks.

Change of avater......and now he's in SkyBlue FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 352601 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOOTY CHAT   FOOTY CHAT - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

FOOTY CHAT
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20